• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armed citizens force officials to back down

patriot-smilie.gif

One gun rights activist who became aware of the incident today stated that perhaps the show of force by the citizens of Oak Harbor needs to be replayed over and over again in towns and cities across America, even Washington, D.C.

"Government entities need to know that the 100 million citizens who own 300 million guns are not going to back down and that we will hammer them every chance we get to prove our resolve," he said.

This.

Very excellent. Good reporting, too. That could have very easily been spun to imply they forced the change at gunpoint. Fantastic all around.

Good on those folks for their peaceful show of support. The RKBA isn't there just to overthrow tyranny. It's there so tyranny doesn't get it into its head it could work here in the first place.

Wasn't this the town with the ballsy Mayor who went off about the oath of office and defending the Constitution? Aren't they preaching to the choir? Great story anyway.

I lived in Oak Harbor for 3 yrs while stationed there. Unlike all the other flaming liberal towns in the pacifist northwest, OHbr is more conservative based on it's large military population and large military retiree base who chose to stay there upon retirement. Typical home grown Washingtonions are more likely to be anti-gun and anti 2A.

That is awesome. I doubt that the council was moved to repeal the bans by anything other than fear, though. Which is perfectly acceptable. If you are an elected official, you should fear what can happen when you violate your oath of office.

I am glad it was peaceful, though.

Back
Top Bottom