• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armed citizen uses rifle, drives away armed home invaders

ORONO, Maine — Two men and a woman were arrested after an armed robbery reported Sunday at Orchard Trails, a student housing complex on Park Street, that ended when one victim grabbed a shotgun and chased the robber away, Orono police Chief Josh Ewing said Monday. “It was reported that a white male entered an apartment wearing a mask and dark clothing while displaying a pistol and demanding cash,” Ewing said of the crime, which was reported at 10:30 p.m. The masked man “held a resident at gunpoint and demanded cash from their wallets,” the chief said. While this was happening, “one of the victims retrieved a rifle from his bedroom and pointed it at the robber, demanding that the robber leave the apartment,” Ewing said. That person took off on foot, leaving snow prints for investigators to follow. Orono police brought in a canine team from Bangor Police Department to track the armed suspect, who got away with a small amount of cash, Ewing said. “The robber quickly fled from the apartment with a small amount of cash and ran through the snow to another building in the complex,” the police chief said. “Ultimately three suspects were located and questioned regarding the robbery.” Michael P. Lynch, 21, of Orono and Clark N. Thomas, 20, of Rockport were both charged with felony robbery, a Class A crime that carries a penalty of up to 30 years in prison. Katelyn E. Heiman, 20, who lives at The Reserve but also lists an Arundel address, was charged with felony hindering apprehension or prosecution, a Class B crime, for her role in the crime, Ewing said without elaborating. If convicted, she faces a penalty of up to 10 years in prison.

<http://bangordailynews.com/2017/01/09/news/bangor/armed-robbery-reported-at-orono-apartment-complex/>

Tracked 'em down with the dog[thumbsup]

Ages 20, 20, 21 and going to jail for 10 - 20 years[sad2]. Stupid, stupid, stupid! F'd up the rest of their lives for the chance at a few hundred $. I can't imagine how their parents feel (I'm assuming they are not low-life dirtbags).

hang 'em high! under Shillary they would be the victims, but under Twump, I hope, they'll be burned at the stake and then eviscerated, or is it the other way around?

I can't imagine how their parents feel (I'm assuming they are not low-life dirtbags).
If they are middle class, and the kid lives with them, they can kiss their retirement account goodbye since the SJC has determined that they implicitly agreed to pay all attorney fees for the adult kid.

If they are middle class, and the kid lives with them, they can kiss their retirement account goodbye since the SJC has determined that they implicitly agreed to pay all attorney fees for the adult kid.
Oh that is so depressing to hear[sad2]. Just like they can piggyback on your health insurance until they are 26 with ObamaCare, the laws are not forcing the kids to grow up and stand on their own two legs.

Aren't all the involved parties from Maine?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh that is so depressing to hear[sad2]. Just like they can piggyback on your health insurance until they are 26 with ObamaCare, the laws are not forcing the kids to grow up and stand on their own two legs.

If I get my Darwin right, we're on trajectory for developing pouches to safely carry our "young." Should be interesting to see what happens when the "young" have young of their own.

Back
Top Bottom