• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armed Bicyclist Fatally Shoots Driver In [Detroit] Road Rage Incident

AHM

NES Member
I'm sure there are many circumstances where a Range Rover outclasses a bicycle.
  • Heavy traffic.
  • Motorist willing to hit nearby objects attempting to run over bicycle.
  • Car has passengers willing to dismount.
  • Bicyclist is wearing stupid clip-in bike shoes.
  • 2+ bicycles who can't coordinate tactics.
But on quiet streets, a bicyclist who is paying attention
can evade a solo motorist -
a bicycle can U-turn in the blink of an eye,
and ride on sidewalks;
and a driver can't catch a bicycle on foot.

Clown driver stopping was the bicyclists' signal
that it was Pedal Time.

Sigh.

The guy was on foot outside of the car when she shot him. She'll likely walk, as the dude had a knife in his hand. Of course scummy prosecutors might try to argue she esclaated it, but the defense attorney is just going to go "Well, why didn't deadguy just drive away? Was there a reason for him to get out of the vehicle? " etc.

Knee-jerk response, pending further details;
giphy.gif

This is why I put my bike in the back of the truck, take it to the woods in the back of the truck, and upon successfully conquering the double black diamond trail in record time take it home in the back of the truck. Many, many psychopath cagers.

Oh, and she walks....guy was driving a Range Rover.....case closed.

Not a biker but the one in the pic looks like one of those ghetto rent by the hour bikes to me, so Im guessing these people werent really "cyclists", just people who happened to be on bikes at the time. My personal experience is rent-a-bike riders are even more ignorant on the road then actual cyclists. (my apologies to the NES'ers who ride but what can I say?)

My guess as to what happened...Couple of retards rent bikes and think its hilarious to disrupt traffic and act like a**h***s. Most people grind their teeth, day dream about bowling for bikers but move on. Retard in RR comes along. (retard convention achieved) Words exchanged, retard#3 gets out, retard#1 puffs out chest, retard#2 shoots retard#3. Retards 1 and 2 conveniently leave out a**h*** behavior part when crying to police. (not that it matters once the knife came out)

The woman legally owned the firearm and had a concealed carry permit. She was taken into custody and is being held until prosecutors decide if the shooting was a case of self-defense

guilty, until proven innocent

Yup....and yet, dozens of arson felonies committed in the plain view of hundreds of police and few if any batted an eye.

Dude in a 200+ horsepower truck that weighs over 3,500 lbs and can go 100mph easily stops, gets out with a knife and goes towards two people on bicycles. I don’t see how the shooting could be anything other than self defense, no matter how poorly behaved the bicyclists were.

Truck dude had every opportunity to simply leave, but chose to stop and pick a fight with a deadly weapon.

Dude in a 200+ horsepower truck that weighs over 3,500 lbs and can go 100mph easily stops, gets out with a knife and goes towards two people on bicycles. I don’t see how the shooting could be anything other than self defense, no matter how poorly behaved the bicyclists were.

Truck dude had every opportunity to simply leave, but chose to bring a knife to a gun fight.
Fixed that for ya.

"a 28-year-old woman pulled out a gun and fired one shot, killing him."

Obviously she was paying attention in self defense shooting 101.....

According to the alleged lawyer in the video she was within her rights to shoot.

The abuse of power is that she is in jail waiting for them to decide to charge her or not...

How do you wear spandex and not print? [laugh]

Shirt has three pockets in the back to carry food and other stuff. Always carry my P3AT there when riding. Been run off the road three times and hit once. Can get interesting out there.

I carry a Bodyguard IWB while riding, it’s not difficult. I have a nylon riggers belt & cheap holster I use only for riding & it’s the only time I carry the BG, which I picked up used just for that purpose Thankfully in 20+ years riding the roads in wrentham/Franklin/Bellingham/millis area I have never had an issue w a car. Interesting that there’s a fellow spandex warrior riding the local roads carrying.

and that really exemplifies why people don't have a lot of respect for authority anymore. The dirtbags have no respect because they know they won't really get punished and solid citizens have no respect because we see how the dirtbags skate while basically law abiding citizens get jumped on.

Back
Top Bottom