• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armalite SN lookup

I've had this Armalite lower for years, I keep waiting to do something cool with it, but never have. It's got a grayish parkerizing and the manufacture markings are filled in white, just kinda looks retro. I was curious about what year it could have been manufactured.

Looked around for a bit and found that SN's below 30K were generally preban, but my number is way off from that. Pre or post ban really makes no difference to me. I was just curious more than anything, I'm sure I could call but thought I'd throw it out to the brain trust. SN is US347XXXA.

It's the Eagle lowers that are preban under 30k. Here's a good post I found on another forum which details the relationship between Eagle and Armalite

Mark Westrom, owner of Eagle Arms, acquired the rights to the name "ArmaLite" in early 1995 and reorganized as ArmaLite with Eagle Arms as a division of ArmaLite. Any 5.56mm/.223 M15 rifle marked "ArmaLite"should then be a post-ban rifle, as should the vast majority of rifles marked "Eagle Arms" with "Div of ArmaLite".

It's the Eagle lowers that are preban under 30k. Here's a good post I found on another forum which details the relationship between Eagle and Armalite

Mark Westrom, owner of Eagle Arms, acquired the rights to the name "ArmaLite" in early 1995 and reorganized as ArmaLite with Eagle Arms as a division of ArmaLite. Any 5.56mm/.223 M15 rifle marked "ArmaLite"should then be a post-ban rifle, as should the vast majority of rifles marked "Eagle Arms" with "Div of ArmaLite".
Good info. I'll read up on it in a bit. Thank you.

If I'm following this correctly, "slightly over SN 30K was the pre-ban cut off" according to the AR15 forum (noted below). In addition, some Eagle lowers under 30K were determined to be post-ban by ATF, so who the hell really knows? I guess that all you can do is call the Armalite/Eagle number to know for sure (maybe it's a guess on their behalf, too). [angry]

Armalite/Eagle 800-336-0184
Slightly over S/N 30,000 was the Pre-Ban cut-off, call to verify.* (Some Eagle lowers below the 30,000 range were determined to be POST ban by BATF - call to verify) Armalite sells Eagle lowers, but sells factory complete rifles with Armalite lowers.

Serial Number List :: (Rev 10 - 2/13/99)

Last edited:
If I'm following this correctly, "slightly over SN 30K was the pre-ban cut off" according to the AR15 forum (noted below). In addition, some Eagle lowers under 30K were determined to be post-ban by ATF, so who the hell really knows? I guess that all you can do is call the Armalite/Eagle number to know for sure (maybe it's a guess on their behalf, too). [angry]

Serial Number List :: (Rev 10 - 2/13/99)

Googling around, I read a few posts that claim Armalite charges for S/N lookups.

No mention of how much it costs, or whom to contact (I assume support).

I've called them before not too long ago to check one. They didn't charge.

If yours says Armalite on it, its not pre-ban

I've called them before not too long ago to check one. They didn't charge.

If yours says Armalite on it, its not pre-ban

Yea says Armalite on it with their cross hair logo. Tell ya the truth if it was preban I'd prolly trade straight up for a comparable lower to help a dude out. I keep an eye out for preban magazines and stuff around here and when I come across them I do what I can. Mostly though when I ask about preban people look at me like I got two heads cause they just don't know the nonsense you guys go through. Anyway, I'll call anyways, was just curious. I've had this lower for years and just haven't done anything with it, was always gonna do a retro build. No shortage of lowers round here so it just sits waiting.

I've got an Eagle Arms preban myself and they look really primitive compared to newer lowers. I think the finish is actually some kind of paint or powdercoat.

Googling around, I read a few posts that claim Armalite charges for S/N lookups.

No mention of how much it costs, or whom to contact (I assume support).
I called them yesterday. I have an AR10 A4 serial 50xxx. They tried to find it but couldn't find anything. They just told me it was an older model. Didn't charge me. Mine has a heavy stainless barrel with no forward assist. Any info would be appreciated. Were they putting stainless barrels on the older models?

Back
Top Bottom