• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armalite AR7 Explorer

I have one charter too I believe , it does love to jam. I guess that's why it's a safe queen.

I have one of the Henry models. It jams about one in five with some hollow point but does fairly well with round nosed. Ammo is either one flavor or another from Federal or CCI.

There is also some magazine dependency. I have seven mags, all were brand new and purchased at same time/place as the rifle. They are about 50/50 with half of them seeming to increase the number of jams while the other half may lessen, but not eliminate them.

My biggest complaint though would be the plastic orange front sight insert that you can move back and forth with light finger pressure and is always out of place when you reassemble the rifle.

It is fun and packs nicely, but next time I would probably get a 10/22 take down instead.

I had the chance to shoot one once and it was just plain awkward to shoulder and fire. They feel cheap and are definitely prone to jam. I guess if it's all you have in a survival situation though... Just be a good enough shot to take out a dinner critter with one round. ;)

You, or someone, please.....needs a Flobert! and a vintage sink!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom