• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armalite AR7 Explorer

jason19711971

NES Member

Attachments

• pix151073252.jpg
    pix151073252.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 162
  • pix230498124.jpg
    pix230498124.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 153
  • pix737360878.jpg
    pix737360878.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 147
  • pix740769022.jpg
    pix740769022.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 154
  • pix825318234.jpg
    pix825318234.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 142
  • GUNS-102211-ARMALITEAR7-1960.jpg
    GUNS-102211-ARMALITEAR7-1960.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 156
We did a group buy on these last year.

Alex @ Minuteman Armament may have some left in stock!

They're made by Henry now; better than the old Armalite, and MUCH better than the Charter Arms models.

The AR-5 was a bolt action version.

They are cool little .22’s, I’ve always wanted the pistol version but when ever I’ve come across one it’s either overpriced, I don’t have the free cash, or something higher on the wish list gets located at the same time. But trust me, at some point to quote Wayne Campbell....
89E595DA-F4EB-465B-A3DA-2BF278ADD583.jpeg

I've wanted one since I've heard of them way back, but can't justify another .22, as I can't see myself shooting this in place of my 10/22.

EDIT: MSRP = $305 for the matte black one. Damn. It was just under $100 last time I held one and thought about pulling out my wallet. Probably should have.

Last edited:
Bought the Armalite version after seeing "From Russia with Love. When I was much younger do remember one thing about it if it was really,really dirty it would go full auto. They where also used in a Matt Helm film but I can't remember the title off hand.

Decent little gun- performs well for what it is. Might have some pics of how it shoots at 25 or 50 yards- they were lost in the Photosuckit debacle.

Best deal is from Alex at Minuteman. That's where I bought mine. Once I leave the PRM it will become a 'truck gun'.

I've been very close to buying one many times. The last round (2 months ago) I ended up with a 10/22 stainless takedown Magpul backpacker. I wish the best of luck to Henry for offering them and I hope the model survives for years to come because it really is neat but the 10/22 kills it in almost every category except the floating one and I hear the Henry may not be very good even at that.

For years I've been reluctant to embrace the 10/22 for some reason. I even bought a remington 597 16" bull barrel model (very much enjoy this gun as well) before I finally succumed to the ruger takedown. To say the least, I'm impressed with the package. The Henry would've been fine I'm sure but Magpul took the ss takedown 10/22 to the next level.

Last edited:
If you’re interested in one of these definitely contact Minuteman Armament on here, I’ve been to Alex’s shop numerous times and will continue to buy from him. He’s a great guy to deal with and talk to, super knowledgeable on laws and firearms and always has about 5-6 racing bikes in his shop as well to drool over.

Highly recommended shop and as far as I know still has some of these Henry’s left over from the group buy.

I have a charter arms and it was a POS.
I bought for 200
It was unfinished, I had to debur everything.
The chamber didn't have any chamfer and cases would hang up going in, a little more work.
Now it works pretty good

My first gun was the Charter Arms version. I remember it fondly. My brother tells me it was a POS jammatic. Someday for nostalgia I'll have to get another one. And if they work better it will reinforce the false positive memories...

For what it’s worth (and I fully acknowledge I’m “new” to NES), I recently purchased one and anticipate shooting it later this week.

I’ll gladly update once I have the actual experience to do so....

....but I will say that for what it is, it’s wicked neat...

I took my Henry to the range for the first time last night. Put about 70 rounds through it to test function and accuracy. Not a hiccup and sights were right on. I used 3 different mags all performed flawlessly. No complaints here for a 4 lb .22 that dissembles into a nice backpack package. I got this at BPS when they were on sale.

My brother got me one for christmas, ive wanted one since i was a kid. Its a fun little gun, they have prebans for them. For the ranges i was shooting it was pretty damn accurate.

I own two my son owns one. On the plus side, they are VERY ACCURATE! I mean really accurate. Everyone who has shot them agrees that, ergonomically, they are really confortable and easy to aim and shoot. On the negative side the mags......all of them.....suck. I own mags from different sources including original and all I wish is that I had one that worked every time. I'd glady throw out all the others if that were the case. I've gone to the range just to play with those mags and, after an hour or so, I just give up. I'm missing something for sure.
In the movie, Bond is shows assembling his AR7 and the sound it makes when he's shooting is awesome! I mean it has to be a 30.06 or something, especially when he shoots down a helicopter with it! Then its shown shooting with a sliencer with zero sound. Who knew the rounds were metal piercing! LOL. I really enjoy having them and they are always a conversation starter at the range and newbies, especially, love shooting it. I always throw one in my camping gear when I go out. Why not? It's so compact that it doesn't take up much room and weighs almost nothing. It's a rugged little beasty and if you like .22 shooting, you should find one and try it yourself. If you get the mags to work, please let me know! BTW, I don't think it was ever issued as a survival rifle to the fighter jocks. I recall reading something about it's history and I believe that the .38spl revolver remained the gun in the cockpit. I may be wrong.

Awwww now, that's just plain mean. You really should try one before you poo-poo it (pun intended). If it's good enough for Jimmy Bond, it's good enough for me...except I don't care for that pea-shooter Walther PPK he likes. My hands are too big.

Straight up: Right out of the box - 5 rounds on a laundry detergent bottle (only 5 taken) at 25 yards...light, easy to shoot....

Good, neat fun for the $$

For the negative nellies, a lot of military pilots liked these and kept one in the cockpit in case they went down. They're a good choice for going canoeing too, they float.

Awwww now, that's just plain mean. You really should try one before you poo-poo it (pun intended). If it's good enough for Jimmy Bond, it's good enough for me...except I don't care for that pea-shooter Walther PPK he likes. My hands are too big.

HA!

Was watching FRWL this weekend. Pretty sure Jimmy's was in 25 caliber. ????? (What gun thing is accurate in ANY Bond film?)

Straight up: Right out of the box - 5 rounds on a laundry detergent bottle (only 5 taken) at 25 yards...light, easy to shoot....

Good, neat fun for the $$

Are there a lot of those in your area? How do you skin and prepare a detergent bottle? ;)

Back
Top Bottom