Armalite AR-13

mikeyp

NES Member
I was looking something up, and looked at the Armalite models and found the 13. The googles are somewhat fruitless, anyone have a pic of this thing?

- - - Updated - - -

[h=3]Products[edit][/h]
  • AR-1 "Parasniper", bolt-action rifle
  • AR-3, 7.62×51mm NATO semi-auto rifle
  • AR-5, .22 Hornet bolt-action survival rifle
  • AR-7 "Explorer", .22 LR semi-auto survival rifle
  • AR-9, semi-auto 12-gauge shotgun
  • AR-10, 7.62×51mm NATO battle rifle
  • AR-11, .222 Remington assault rifle
  • AR-12, 7.62×51mm NATO battle rifle
  • AR-13, hyper-velocity anti-aircraft machine gun
  • AR-14, .243 Winchester or 7.62×51mm NATO semi-auto rifle
  • AR-15, .223 Remington assault rifle / semi-automatic carbine
  • AR-16, 7.62×51mm NATO battle rifle
  • AR-17, semi-auto 12-gauge shotgun
  • AR-18, .223 Remington assault rifle
  • AR-180, .223 Remington semi-auto rifle

I was looking something up, and looked at the Armalite models and found the 13. The googles are somewhat fruitless, anyone have a pic of this thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Products[edit]

• AR-1 "Parasniper", bolt-action rifle
  • AR-3, 7.62×51mm NATO semi-auto rifle
  • AR-5, .22 Hornet bolt-action survival rifle
  • AR-7 "Explorer", .22 LR semi-auto survival rifle
  • AR-9, semi-auto 12-gauge shotgun
  • AR-10, 7.62×51mm NATO battle rifle
  • AR-11, .222 Remington assault rifle
  • AR-12, 7.62×51mm NATO battle rifle
  • AR-13, hyper-velocity anti-aircraft machine gun
  • AR-14, .243 Winchester or 7.62×51mm NATO semi-auto rifle
  • AR-15, .223 Remington assault rifle / semi-automatic carbine
  • AR-16, 7.62×51mm NATO battle rifle
  • AR-17, semi-auto 12-gauge shotgun
  • AR-18, .223 Remington assault rifle
  • AR-180, .223 Remington semi-auto rifle

check the page, I made an edit to the Wiki. We'll see how long it stays there.

modern.JPG

That AR-5 looks interesting, as well as the MA-1.

attachment.php

I'd like to get my hands on an action like that. Would be fun to build on.

The AR7 is a lot of fun to play with, too. It is iffy with feeds from the magazines I have. I've got one that'll feed properly. the others are jamb-0-matics even after I spent some time at the range trying to figure out why. Still, it's a VERY accurate .22 with tiny iron adjustable peep sights and everyone who shoots is is amazed at just how quiet it is and how little recoil there is, even for a .22.

Charter%20Arms.jpg

Rome

The AR7 is a lot of fun to play with, too. It is iffy with feeds from the magazines I have. I've got one that'll feed properly. the others are jamb-0-matics even after I spent some time at the range trying to figure out why. Still, it's a VERY accurate .22 with tiny iron adjustable peep sights and everyone who shoots is is amazed at just how quiet it is and how little recoil there is, even for a .22.

Charter%20Arms.jpg

Rome

Nevermind [rofl]

This WAS the survival rifle that was tucked into the cockpits of the fighter planes during Viet Nam. When it's packed up, it even floats! It's really cool. It was used as a prop in an early James Bond movie, to, but in that movie, he actually shoots down a helicopter!! LOL

Rome

This WAS the survival rifle that was tucked into the cockpits of the fighter planes during Viet Nam. When it's packed up, it even floats! It's really cool. It was used as a prop in an early James Bond movie, to, but in that movie, he actually shoots down a helicopter!! LOL

Rome

Ha! So the AR-7 and the AR-13 are the same!

Rome

From Russia With Love?!

e418bc9340093e677fa153796d12cfa4.jpg

Great design. The henry's are solid. Wish there was more aftermarket support but I guess there's never been any interest.

This rifle went through a few interations as it changed hands from Armalite to Charter Arms and Henry rifles. I'd like to offer up this website which details the history of this neat firearm.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2014/02/04/history-ar-7-henry-repeatings-survival-ar-7/

I bought two of 'em. I was at a shop in E. Windsor, CT when they were having a big sale about 5 years ago. One of them was pristine and the other in excellent condition but both were bought for under $475. I knew their history but hadn't owned one before. Seeing them both there just called me. I knew, however, that I'd share one with my grown son and he was thrilled to get it. These have always had balky mags. I've got just one, the original, that works about 90% of the time. I've got two more, however, that won't feed 10 rounds but will gladly feed 5. It drives me mad at the range. I've got tools there, sitting at the bench, playing with feed lips and spring pressures and lubricants, etc., etc but still be unsuccessful. I've even miced the dims of the successful mag and tried to duplicate the poor ones. Even that didn't really improve anything. So, since it's not my go-to every day shooter, I just enjoy it for what it is. When I take it, I usually have a couple of youngsters with me, too, and I let them assemble it and shoot it. It really is the perfect introduction to semi-auto shooters, even better than the 10/22 because it's so easy to aim using the peep sights. It super accurate as I mentioned before. Certainly an interesting bit of gun lore/history and something different.

Rome

Thanks for the link. That's a nice site too!
Friggin' charter is a shame. Glad henry has the rifle now.
I agree on that site setup. Really liked the rear aperture when I shot it.
I could put that thing to some good use. Damnit. I don't need anymore rifles.

Collectors Gallery in Stoneham usually has new ones in stock. I bought mine from FS for around $235. One mag worked the other so so. Ordered a third it works fine as well. It is fun.

This rifle went through a few interations as it changed hands from Armalite to Charter Arms and Henry rifles. I'd like to offer up this website which details the history of this neat firearm.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2014/02/04/history-ar-7-henry-repeatings-survival-ar-7/

I bought two of 'em. I was at a shop in E. Windsor, CT when they were having a big sale about 5 years ago. One of them was pristine and the other in excellent condition but both were bought for under $475. I knew their history but hadn't owned one before. Seeing them both there just called me. I knew, however, that I'd share one with my grown son and he was thrilled to get it. These have always had balky mags. I've got just one, the original, that works about 90% of the time. I've got two more, however, that won't feed 10 rounds but will gladly feed 5. It drives me mad at the range. I've got tools there, sitting at the bench, playing with feed lips and spring pressures and lubricants, etc., etc but still be unsuccessful. I've even miced the dims of the successful mag and tried to duplicate the poor ones. Even that didn't really improve anything. So, since it's not my go-to every day shooter, I just enjoy it for what it is. When I take it, I usually have a couple of youngsters with me, too, and I let them assemble it and shoot it. It really is the perfect introduction to semi-auto shooters, even better than the 10/22 because it's so easy to aim using the peep sights. It super accurate as I mentioned before. Certainly an interesting bit of gun lore/history and something different.

Rome

Too bad they can't take this design, fix what doesn't work, and bring it back right.
I think henry might have it sorted out. The ones I've shot functioned really well. Never shot the charter one. I have had experiences with some questionable charter products in the past, so, I wouldn't be surpirsied if it sucked.

Thanks for the link.

So, Kittery has four used AR-7's in stock<sigh> I might just be buying another rifle today.
They have models from charter, survival arms, and henry from $135 to $215. link to the used listing

Last edited:
a bargain. Buy it. It's one rifle, I guarantee you, you'll never sell it because it fills a niche you never knew existed before. I take it any time I'm in the woods camping. Just find a small zippered sleeve to put it in and stick it in your trunk. drop it in your pack when you hike. It weighs very little. It's a potent little rifle making the most of that meager 22 round. Certainly a fantastic small game tool and a rifle when no other rifle might be possible. Just very cool. I'm headed to Maine mid-May. I'm going to stop at KTP on the way up and if they have one available, rest assured it'll come home with me if only to be available to my son-in-law. They are that cool.
Rome

Rome

Rome

We had them in our survival packs in B-52s post VN.

a bargain. Buy it. It's one rifle, I guarantee you, you'll never sell it because it fills a niche you never knew existed before. I take it any time I'm in the woods camping. Just find a small zippered sleeve to put it in and stick it in your trunk. drop it in your pack when you hike. It weighs very little. It's a potent little rifle making the most of that meager 22 round. Certainly a fantastic small game tool and a rifle when no other rifle might be possible. Just very cool. I'm headed to Maine mid-May. I'm going to stop at KTP on the way up and if they have one available, rest assured it'll come home with me if only to be available to my son-in-law. They are that cool.
Rome

Rome

I din't make it up there today. I'm really on the fence. I wish someone made a 17 hm2 barrel for it. That'd seal the deal in a instant.
I used to pack my ruger single six often to camp but my eyes aren't what they were and a handy little carbine would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom