Arlington bans leafblowers for 5 months out of a year....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
best ban the hi-cap trees....
HAH!

Seriously though, I've never experienced a more overly-sensitive-to-noise urban population in my life. My neighbor threatens to call animal control if my 6 month old puppy lets out 2-3 barks. I'm ready to move to the country. Its just a matter of scraping together the money, and resigning myself to a crap commute.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
no resistance from the landscapers. theres a ton of companys out of newton
but the residents compain all the time, they are basically insane with there demands sometimes

o its 10 am can you just use the broom

Newton has been trying to pass this but there actually seems to be a good deal of resistance.

Mike

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I don't see the problem with this. The government knows what is best for us. We should be happy that the government cares so deeply for our mind and body (I left out "soul" because that word might offend someone who doesn't believe the soul exists). Next year maybe they'll make it a criminal offense to offend someone. It's nicer to be nice, you see. [rolleyes]

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Yup. Politicians are like diapers - they need to be changed frequently, and for the same reason.
Yes, except that the electorate in MA has this long standing fetish for using pre-soiled diapers. They stink out of the package.

-Mike

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
Reading comprehension FAIL. Blame BROOKLINE for the elitism, not Arlington:

I'd hate to be working for the Arlington DPW during those five months. Unless it wasn't reported, there's no exemption for Arlington town employees... and it's going to SUCK to be them when they are out there with rakes for "ten minutes". [rolleyes]
In another source, (IIRC the Glob's Metro section, yesterday), I found that it applies only to private property. So...it looks like the DPW can use them...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
In another source, (IIRC the Glob's Metro section, yesterday), I found that it applies only to private property. So...it looks like the DPW can use them...
This is Bass-Akward. Government banning use of leaf blowers on PRIVATE property (land they don't own, control and should have minimal say over) but allowing it on PUBLIC property (the land they actually DO control)

We NEED a federal law that restricts government from passing any law to which the government or any government official is an exception.

dwarven1

Appleseed Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Figures.

We NEED a federal law that restricts government from passing any law to which the government or any government official is an exception.
I'm thinking constitutional amendment, actually.

If I need to blow my leaves, DPW and the town can piss off, 'far as I'm concerned.
Wonder who will be the first to get ticketed... and fight it?

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
So does this mean they can stand on the street/sidewalk and blow the leaves around in their yard as streets and sidewalks are public? [grin]

Top Bottom