Arlington bans leafblowers for 5 months out of a year....

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Time for Arlington folks to buy a shitty lawn vac and pull the muffler off. You can still pick up leaves (albeit a lot slower) and comply with the ban on leaf blowers.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will trade anyone in arlington, my leaf vacuum for their leaf blower, but only for 5 months lol

Seriously though, anyone in arlington can have my leaf vacuum, i will hold onto the bag though[laugh]

Another_David

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
there must be some lib-tard playbook somewhere because it seems like each city or town tries to out do the other with these same topics. The leaf blower ban topic seems to surface every few month in my city and it drives me f-n nuts because they can't get basic services right yet they have time to debate these issues that they have no business getting involved in. (major water meter malfunctions over 20 years, so they just sort of 'adjusted' the bills to fix that--yeah, that explains the extra $6000 you owe, but we'll charge you for that over 20 months, so you can thank us for that).

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
We need to start up about 20 push mowers without mufflers, right next to the person's house that came up with this bill. After all, they're not leaf blowers. [laugh] Let em run till they run out of gas.

-Mike

cekim

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Aren't you happy you're moving out of that state? From water in plastic bottles to leaf blowers, when will this madness stop!!??
It really is getting exhausting trying to keep up with all the ways people are using government at all levels to bully everyone around them...

The madness will stop when we are finally pissed enough to drop everything and go to the meetings and elections where they toss this crap against the wall and stop it.

mcb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If blowers are outlawed only the outlaws will have blowers.

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
It's not arlington....it's what it portends - if it's good for the Big A, winchester, belmont, and dog forbid, Slummerville can't be far behind.

Where will the madness end?

And, honestly, it's not the prohibition that bothers me, so much as the exception for use by the Town....Again, Priviledge (meaning, literally, "private law" for the Rulers and their minions....)

rogzballz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
When we get 10' of snow, shoveling is good for the heart too.... F'rs!
These people pay for lawn service anyways, so they don't do the work and will they ban workers from using them?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If people want peace and quiet, move to the ****ing country. Or anywhere there's not eight thousand people per sqare mile. Oh wait, no culture or diversity out there, couldnt have that....lunatics. Im sorry you guys have to watch your state descend further into moonbat hell. Its a sad reflection on its heritage, so steeped in liberty and revolution as it was.

ToddDubya

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Two great lines from the article:

The ban will only be in effect on private property...
Last year, Brookline banned leaf blowers in the summer and winter months, but they can be used by the town for park and street maintenance and landowners can use them if they have more than five acres to tend.
Thank God I live on a postage stamp and my leaves blow into the neighbors yard. I may have to get a leaf blower now before they're banned in my town, too (knock wood).

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
it's only 5 months a year, once we are past October, you can just burn all that gas left from the summer by running the blower non-stop until spring arrives. Your neighbors will be really happy.

dwarven1

Appleseed Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
And, honestly, it's not the prohibition that bothers me, so much as the exception for use by the Town....Again, Priviledge (meaning, literally, "private law" for the Rulers and their minions....)
Reading comprehension FAIL. Blame BROOKLINE for the elitism, not Arlington:
Last year, Brookline banned leaf blowers in the summer and winter months, but they can be used by the town for park and street maintenance and landowners can use them if they have more than five acres to tend.
I'd hate to be working for the Arlington DPW during those five months. Unless it wasn't reported, there's no exemption for Arlington town employees... and it's going to SUCK to be them when they are out there with rakes for "ten minutes". [rolleyes]

Top Bottom