Arlington Anti-Gun Webinar - Arlington Residents, Strongly suggested you sign up.

We need a good world war or something to take everyone's mind off of the stupid. Damn. I saw a meme the other day that bothered me. It said, "I wish we were the country we were on September 12."

No, just a nice economic collapse or perhaps an EMP. I bet no one is going to be specifying gender pronouns, claiming they are one of 58 genders or being offended over a rock when that happens. Hell, even coordinated terror attacks (due to all the sleeper cells we’ve let stroll in) would be enough to shut down all transit and mobility.

Arlington doesn't have enough police to respond to a shooting, assuming the response would be proportional to their response to minor to expired inspection sticker or 1 week passed due expired license. The latter happened to a friend. They had 5 cruisers and a paddy wagon for that. I can't imagine how massive the response would be to an actual serious crime.

I do not live in AHHHLINTON, and as a non resident I will inform them that I have a right, again as a non resident with no elected officials that I can hold accountable, my say means more than residents because I feel this way.

Do I realllyyy want to be in looney Arlington at 7pm after a hard days work??
I believe it's a Zoom meeting, sometimes they get trolled pretty hard. I know my town has a hard time keeping the trolls off the Town meetings.

Arlington doesn't have enough police to respond to a shooting, assuming the response would be proportional to their response to minor to expired inspection sticker or 1 week passed due expired license. The latter happened to a friend. They had 5 cruisers and a paddy wagon for that. I can't imagine how massive the response would be to an actual serious crime.
We had a burglary last week in Franklin, the homeowner was watching the crime take place from his vacation place by security cam and called the cops. The cops took awhile to arrive and by that time the BG was long gone and on top of that no police dogs were available in the surrounding towns or the local swat team.

Arlington
Approx 1275 residents possess LTC’s
1 machine gun license

approx 38000 residents over 18 years of age
About 3.2 percent of population have LTC

Not great numbers, but then again it abuts the People’s Republic of Cambridge
What is the violent crime rate within the population of lawful gun owners?

How many NON gun owners in Arlington have had background checks performed by local, state and federal authorities?

View attachment 522727

Why do they have to make a big to-do about this?

This is really easy, actually.

DON'T SHOOT EACH OTHER (except for lawful self-defense).

Problem solved.
Because it’s a coordinated effort to take all guns out of your hands. They don’t talk about violent crimes anymore, it’s about “gun violence.“ This has nothing to do with crime, it’s solely about taking away the right to own firearms. You could end that webinar in 2 minutes just by telling them to enforce the laws on the books already. Is there a rash of licensed folks going around committing crimes with firearms in any city or town in MA? They want to make it impossible for anyone to legally own or possess any firearm. They don’t care that there are numerous laws on the books already, they don’t want anyone to have a firearm.

Arlington is the greenest town near Boston. The COP seems to understand what the taxpayers expect when it comes to a licensing authority.

This sounds like something organized by a small pocket of people who moved over from Somerville.

This sounds like something organized by a small pocket of people who moved over from Somerville.
That cancer needs to be treated early or it will spread. Like CA residents moving into Colorado. Make sure people can't spread their bullshit politics to towns that function well without them.

maybe 10-15 yrs ago a Lesbian shot and killed a guy who had harassed/stalked her previously while he was trying to break down her door. She was not charged/arrested and LTC was not revoked.

100% isn't required for you to be libertarian.

The ones that think that Government should not manage things like roads are a bit out there.
The party platform calls for education to be completely privatized. That's a bit crazy.

The party platform calls for education to be completely privatized. That's a bit crazy.

There is a difference between the word libertarian and the word Libertarian.

The uncapitalized word is the philosophy. The capitalized word is the political party.

I almost am always talking about the philosophy and am as careful with my capitalization as some are with their pronouns. Ha.

Huh?? I think the point is that you don't have to hate people who disagree with you politically.
Lol people who use their political power to f*** my life up have already cast the first bolt of hate.

Everyone likes to dismiss that reality.

That philosophy made sense when most political disagreements were meaningless and had minimal real world consequences. We're way beyond a PTA disagreement about the color of the walls in the school cafeteria here.

I did. The Moms Demand Pud-Action rep from Arlington spoke a lot trying to tie racism to gun violence (of course). Chief Flaherty was there and provided a nonbiased, fact-based background of the Mass Licensing process and lack of any gun violence in Arlington save 1 or 2 blotter items. There was some guy named Gary (?) Gibson or Greg from some local group who spouted the usual dross. A number of Q&A submissions poked holes in the speakers and it was good to see sanity through the listeners.

There was no report of how many attended nor any statement about whether a replay will be available.

Back
Top Bottom