• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Arkansas Votes To Keep Guns Out Of Church

Taking them to a target shoot, an announced target shoot that you complied with would be is insanity.

Heck yes, and +1.

IMO (and this is just my opinion, feel free to disagree but respect my right to have it) violence of any nature is inconsistent with a 'true' Christian life. Christ was pretty clear with the 'turn the other cheek' and 'give them your shoes too' comments that his expectation of his followers is passive resistance a la Ghandi.

Don't get offended, I'm disagreeing nicely, I swear. [grin]

To quote from another post I made here a few months back:

Check out Luke 22:35-36, where the last thing Jesus told the assembled group of disciples before he was arrested and killed was "...if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

Also Psalm 144, where David praises "...the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Or Romans 12:18 where it says "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." (not be peaceful unto death, but live at peace as far as it concerns you).

Those are just a few verses off the top of my head, but make no mistake, the Bible is a book of war. I don't want to argue it with anyone or force beliefs on people who don't want them or care about them, but we're both church-goers, so...

And think of it this way. If you carry a gun, you may well take someone's life with it. If you kill someone, you're going to send them to meet their maker, whether you were defending yourself in a shopping mall or a house of worship.

I carry to church, and so do a bunch of my friends. My best friend used to go to that church in Colorado that got shot up, he missed that shooting very narrowly, but when we go to the Sunday night service together, he has his .45 and I have my G32.

I think that it's none of the government's business what legal activity goes on in a church, and they certainly shouldn't be allowed to leave people totally defenseless when churches are getting attacked so regularly here in recent history.

Back
Top Bottom