Arkansas Editor Posts List Of Concealed Carry Permit Holders Online

It occurred to me that I could register my futile disapproval by offering to share the last list generated by the Arkansas State Police with the public, since I thought — and still believe — that the public has a legitimate interest in being able to know who is and, of equal importance, who is not licensed to carry a concealed weapon.

Nothing has changed, she is just like the politicians who are only sorry they got caught at something, not that they actually did it. I'm sure she has no "futile disapproval" about not publishing list of peoples name on EBT for more than a year or anything like that.

Real or not, this part made me happy:

Lesson No. 4: They don’t want to hurt me. As far as I know, I haven’t received any actual death threats, not even from the people who thought it was a proportional response to posts directions to my house on the Internet. This remarkable fact underscores a point that gun aficionados have tried to make until they are blue in the face: They are not criminals. They posted my personal information all over the Internet in hopes that I would feel as vulnerable and exposed to criminals as they do. They seek to intimidate me as they feel they have been intimidated, to bully me in response to what they see as my bullying. They might think I deserve to become the target of crime because they feel I have made them targets. But the people who are angry with me do not seem to want to hurt me, because they truly see themselves as the good guys with guns. This, I think, may be the most valuable lesson I can share with the people who are concerned about my safety.

...now if only we could get the rest of them to start chanting it like a mantra...

"She's either a liar or a complete moron. I'll wager there's a little of both there.

Govt. Transparency?! Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit. As far as I'm concerned this is an invasion of privacy on private citizens and putting them in possible danger all while they where minding their own business.

Good. How does it feel to have your private info out there for the world to see and use to possibly threaten and bother you? I hope this causes you to have to quit your job, move out of state and have it follow you for the rest of your, hopefully, damaged career. Your little half-assed, pretend apology means less than nothing. Your First Amendment right does not come without consequences for you and the rest of the would-be publishers who single out and try to make pariahs out of those exercising their Second Amendment rights. As a "Journalist" you know what could happen when that information is published. Don't think for one minute we believe you didn't follow the stories or do your research of other publications that did this and what damage this could cause. As someone in your field learns in Journalism 101 - research your story. And I think you did just that. You researched and hoped you might get a nice feather for your cap by doing what you did. You thought the time was right. Tell you what, pudgy - Your problem is you labored under the delusion that you had the voice of the people on your side, and you lost that bet. Now you have to reassess that double edged sword that you thought could push your agenda and be the tool for your bully pulpit.

This, "Golly gee, I had no idea that people would be upset over this. Whoda thunk my publishing this information could be damaging and threatening to people minding their own business. I had no idea this was irresponsible" act doesn't fly. This apology is nothing more than a way to garner sympathy and attempt to have YOUR life go back to normal. What about the CCL holders and their families? These people who now have their info out there, thanks to you, now have to alter their lives for possible damages and crimes. Putting something as simple as a zip code and a name is plenty of information for anyone with an agenda and Internet access. But you knew already that, didn't you? As a gun owner, I do not accept your apology and think you are nothing but a bottom-feeding scumbag who is riding a wave gun hatred spawned by your fellow agenda-pushing cowards in the publishing field who do nothing but print half truths and whole lies on the subject of firearms. You're irresponsible, filthy little pigs. Now this little piggy is squealing because she wasn't greased up enough to slip through the arm of public outcry. No, I don't care that the information is public record - and, yes. I hope the actions against people like you escalate with each attempt to publish this information.

Anyway, that's my rant and I'm sticking to it [smile]

View attachment 56576 Best rant of the year so far!!!![laugh2][laugh2][laugh2]

That would be a good one for Joe Ligotti, The Guy From Boston

Last edited by a moderator:
"They truly see themselves as the good guys with guns"

She did not learn anything, and only wants to fade back into a long undistinguished career of local corn festival reporting. The patronizing cow does not have the conviction to even come out and say she would do it again if her address was not part of the public record.

Gee... Is that the Gwen Moritz that lives at
Gwen L Moritz
4528 Valley Brook Dr
North Little Rock, AR 72116-7012
Home (501) 758-2468

I think is her place:
View attachment 56497
I hear she Isn't on the list of licensed gun owners.... Go Figure

HAHAHAHA, very nice. You should psot it on the comments section.

Geez... I wouldn't have expected it in Arkansas...but then again I didn't expect our former idiot governor to be elected President. Goes to show you there's idiots everywhere.

Waiting for Darwinism to kick back in.....

I don't believe a word of her 'apology'. She knew exactly what she was doing. Her reasoning about having a right to know if her doctor is licensed being equivalent makes no sense at all. Complete BS.

I'm from there, and they aren't a skeered, because well.....they are armed to the teeth! Or tooth lol

I've posted this before: How do we know the toothbrush was invented in Arkansas? Anywhere else it would be called a teethbrush. Thank you, here all week. Please tip your mods.

I just posted her info on the Arkansas news site she works for. This unethical sewer skank must answer for her irresponsible and immoral reporting. I wonder how many rapes and burglaries will result from her publishing sensitive information.

(Accidentally posted this on another thread because I had multiple windows open. FAIL)

Geez... I wouldn't have expected it in Arkansas...but then again I didn't expect our former idiot governor to be elected President. Goes to show you there's idiots everywhere.

Waiting for Darwinism to kick back in.....

Don't forget, it has its share of moonbats as well. Jonesboro has been getting a bit more batty, and a good chunk of NW AR is almost a lost cause.

I don't know: I've read Ms. Moritz's piece three times, and to me it doesn't read as an apology but as a defense. The crux of apology is admission of error, yet she seems to cling to the belief that what she did was right and defensible. For a journalist, her communicative skills are lacking.

I don't know: I've read Ms. Moritz's piece three times, and to me it doesn't read as an apology but as a defense. The crux of apology is admission of error, yet she seems to cling to the belief that what she did was right and defensible. For a journalist, her communicative skills are lacking.

The first thing she said was that she naive and stupid, and wouldn't do it again.

She should have stopped there, because everything else she said was an attempt to justify what she did because gun nuts are paranoid bullies.

Maybe she can get together and cry with Max Brantley.

I'm from there, and they aren't a skeered, because well.....they are armed to the teeth! Or tooth lol
Shall we say... I was right, AGAIN!
Sorry, can't help it.

Way to go, Arkansas! The tactic works well. Address for address, map for map. Sounds like a straight shooter.

The only reason she is apologizing is she got scared.

Correct indeed. Fear of responsibility for malicious behavior is a mighty fine incentive to not be an a**h***.
+ ummm 2

I read her paragraph 4 (below) as interesting but not sincere; I think she feels if she writes this then it lessens the chance of someone actually hurting her. I don't get the feeling she believes it.

Her saying that she didn't know what the reaction would be and someone (sorry don't recall who) here saying that they find that unbelievable -- I disagree. She's in "the bubble" of people who think like her, and she most likely did not read what was coming from "us kooks" on the NY version of the outing. Probably only reads HuffPo. If she had read it and was bright enough to put 2 + 2 together, she wouldn't have published her version. I think.

As for her thin defense of publishing only names and *ZIP* codes, good God. Does she not think that a large percentage of people have uncommon names, and that anyone unarmed isn't on the list? My name is so uncommon that there is not another one of "me" in the entire country.

WhateverHerNameIs said:
Lesson No. 4: They don’t want to hurt me. As far as I know, I haven’t received any actual death threats, not even from the people who thought it was a proportional response to post directions to my house on the Internet. This remarkable fact underscores a point that gun aficionados have tried to make until they are blue in the face: They are not criminals. They posted my personal information all over the Internet in hopes that I would feel as vulnerable and exposed to criminals as they do. They seek to intimidate me as they feel they have been intimidated, to bully me in response to what they see as my bullying. They might think I deserve to become the target of crime because they feel I have made them targets. But the people who are angry with me do not seem to want to hurt me, because they truly see themselves as the good guys with guns. This, I think, may be the most valuable lesson I can share with the people who are concerned about my safety.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom