Arkansas Editor Posts List Of Concealed Carry Permit Holders Online

as always I hope he is held responsible for his actions, and that he be sued for every break in, home invasion, or robbery these people suffer.

The comments are priceless:

Phillep Harding
Someone want to remind her that if her name is not on that list, it tells criminals that she does not have any means to protect herself from a home invasion?

Kristophr
Yes. Making the list public also tells criminals who does not carry a pistol.
Useful when planning home invasions

mom2marine
She probably has a whistle...~_~...

Phillep Harding
This no doubt strikes terror in the hearts of evil doers every where.

canebrake_coyote
No need for her self defense. She will just urinate on any attackers.

- See more at: Arkansas Editor Posts List Of Concealed Carry Permit Holders Online

Gee... Is that the Gwen Moritz that lives at
Gwen L Moritz
4528 Valley Brook Dr
North Little Rock, AR 72116-7012
Home (501) 758-2468

I think is her place:
Mortiz AR.jpg
I hear she Isn't on the list of licensed gun owners.... Go Figure

Just saying, you ever hear of those people who post those "free yard sale" prank ads on Craigslist and then 500 locusts show up and clean out the house.

my mom and her husband lived for several years in Maumelle ( a wealthy suburb on the north side of Little Rock ) and when i visited there for a couple weeks in jan 2006, i bet 60% of the towns population not only HAD C.C. permits, but indeed carried daily.

this editor is very very stupid, it's ARKANSAS, almost no-one DOESN'T have a gun.

Just saying, you ever hear of those people who post those "free yard sale" prank ads on Craigslist and then 500 locusts show up and clean out the house.

Yea, they even tried to take a horse in one of those incidents. You don't mess with a man's horse.

That camper would be gone in 5 mins.

my mom and her husband lived for several years in Maumelle ( a wealthy suburb on the north side of Little Rock ) and when i visited there for a couple weeks in jan 2006, i bet 60% of the towns population not only HAD C.C. permits, but indeed carried daily.

this editor is very very stupid, it's ARKANSAS, almost no-one DOESN'T have a gun.

It's a safe bet that she doesn't. I am sure the criminals will take notice.

We should totally start doing this to the tyrants in the media and legislatures.

Gwen L Moritz
4528 Valley Brook Dr
Home (501) 758-2468

I think is her place:
View attachment 56497

And now any criminal who's seen the pic know that if the trailer's gone, they're not home. Nice...

Gwen L Moritz
4528 Valley Brook Dr
Home (501) 758-2468

I think is her place:
View attachment 56497

How long before there's an armed guard in front of her house? Hope she gets the royal treatment from the less tolerant and more creative people who disagree with her. About time she and her ilk started to feel the sting of their own actions.

Last edited:
How could she not know how people would feel after something like this? THe reactions of law abiding citizens to the New york article are all over the internet. JUst a quick google search could have shown her a bizillion of posts of outraged americans.
I think she just fears for her job. The newspaper itself must have gotten boatloads of mail regarding this. She must have a boss somewhere. Her apology is nothing but damage control, IMO. But did you guys notice how quick she was to mention her first A rights?
Actually, as long as there's no fed or state law prohibiting her from publishing the adresses of CCL holders, I am all for her right to do it. But I am also a fervent admirer of the concept of personal accountability, so, she get what she had coming at her.

Last edited:
Gwen L Moritz
4528 Valley Brook Dr
Home (501) 758-2468

I think is her place:
View attachment 56497

I didn’t think I was repeating the mistake of the Arkansas Times, which released a similar list several years ago...After that episode, which caused an uproar that included death threats, a compromise was struck between news organizations and the Legislature that limited the public information on CCLs to name and ZIP code...I certainly didn’t think I was doing anything like The Journal News in New York...

"She's either a liar or a complete moron. I'll wager there's a little of both there.

I quickly realized that striking a blow for government transparency struck terror into many Arkansas CCL holders.
Govt. Transparency?! Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit. As far as I'm concerned this is an invasion of privacy on private citizens and putting them in possible danger all while they where minding their own business.

By then, my name, my husband’s name, home address, phone and work phone numbers and pictures of my house — from the same Pulaski County tax records that Arkansas Business regularly mines for news — were posted all over the Internet. A Facebook page sprang up called “Gwen Moritz Breaks the Law” (although I have not) with prison bars Photoshopped over my picture. A 51-year-old wife, mother and journalist who exercised her First Amendment right in objection to government secrecy became a national threat to the Second Amendment literally overnight. Our home phone began ringing constantly, silenced only when we unplugged it in order to go to sleep.

Good. How does it feel to have your private info out there for the world to see and use to possibly threaten and bother you? I hope this causes you to have to quit your job, move out of state and have it follow you for the rest of your, hopefully, damaged career. Your little half-assed, pretend apology means less than nothing. Your First Amendment right does not come without consequences for you and the rest of the would-be publishers who single out and try to make pariahs out of those exercising their Second Amendment rights. As a "Journalist" you know what could happen when that information is published. Don't think for one minute we believe you didn't follow the stories or do your research of other publications that did this and what damage this could cause. As someone in your field learns in Journalism 101 - research your story. And I think you did just that. You researched and hoped you might get a nice feather for your cap by doing what you did. You thought the time was right. Tell you what, pudgy - Your problem is you labored under the delusion that you had the voice of the people on your side, and you lost that bet. Now you have to reassess that double edged sword that you thought could push your agenda and be the tool for your bully pulpit.

This, "Golly gee, I had no idea that people would be upset over this. Whoda thunk my publishing this information could be damaging and threatening to people minding their own business. I had no idea this was irresponsible" act doesn't fly. This apology is nothing more than a way to garner sympathy and attempt to have YOUR life go back to normal. What about the CCL holders and their families? These people who now have their info out there, thanks to you, now have to alter their lives for possible damages and crimes. Putting something as simple as a zip code and a name is plenty of information for anyone with an agenda and Internet access. But you knew already that, didn't you? As a gun owner, I do not accept your apology and think you are nothing but a bottom-feeding scumbag who is riding a wave gun hatred spawned by your fellow agenda-pushing cowards in the publishing field who do nothing but print half truths and whole lies on the subject of firearms. You're irresponsible, filthy little pigs. Now this little piggy is squealing because she wasn't greased up enough to slip through the arm of public outcry. No, I don't care that the information is public record - and, yes. I hope the actions against people like you escalate with each attempt to publish this information.

Anyway, that's my rant and I'm sticking to it [smile]

Back
Top Bottom