ARIZONA TROOPER SHOT IN AMBUSH ATTACK; GOOD SAMARITAN KILLS GUNMAN

Hour west of Phoenix, on I10.
Trooper leaves one call to respond to a shots-fired-at-vehicle call, comes upon a rollover with ejected driver, gets jumped, shot, and wrestled to the ground. Good guy 5-holes badguy, AZ senior admin trooper grateful to not be writing the letter and visiting a widow.

Sounds like a good shoot. Too bad he had to retreat to get his gun. I wonder if all of this caused enough delay for the injured motorist to expire from her injuries?

Doesn't make sense that the perp would ambush and shoot a cop, then wrestle him to the ground. Gun jam maybe? Probably a lot more details to come.

wow, crazy story. glad the good guy came by with a gun to save the trooper!

"DPS Col. Frank Milstead said he has yet to speak to the passerby, but he had this message for him:"

"Thank you because I don't know if my trooper would be alive today without your assistance."

Another good guy gets to go home at night because of the brave actions of an armed citizen willing to help.

Sounds like a good shoot. Too bad he had to retreat to get his gun. I wonder if all of this caused enough delay for the injured motorist to expire from her injuries?

I can't imagine the time to retrieve the gun took that long...sounds like she was pretty bad off ( RIP) what a bizarre set of circumstances...I mean where did this guy come from?

Usually if you set up an ambush on a single person, they die immediately. So, yeah, this sounds pretty thin on details and smells pretty heavy on the cop leg humping without facts.

If story is true, thank god for good Samaritan. Trooper would have been dead in MA or another gun controlled state. Great case for Constitutional Carry if story is true.

In Mass., you would hauled off to jail, and then prosecuted.

I doubt that - if it happens the same way (first asking the trooper if he needs help) as this played out, nothing would happen to you in MA. Or do you think the media/public would support the prosecution of someone who saved a state trooper's life?

I doubt that - if it happens the same way (first asking the trooper if he needs help) as this played out, nothing would happen to you in MA. Or do you think the media/public would support the prosecution of someone who saved a state trooper's life?

Not so sure what the public thinks is important in MA, I suspect the Samaritan would be jailed/prosecuted.

"DPS Col. Frank Milstead said he has yet to speak to the passerby, but he had this message for him:"

"Thank you because I don't know if my trooper would be alive today without your assistance."

Another good guy gets to go home at night because of the brave actions of an armed citizen willing to help.
Wish this was on the front pages, above the fold, in big bold letters.

OK. Maybe you would only be dragged through the mud for 6 months, shelling out 10's of Thousands of $ in lawyer fees AFTER your LTC gets pulled and all of your guns get confiscated before they decide not to charge you with anything like happened to the guy that shot the nut job at (I believe) MGH that was in the process of stabbing a female doctor to death thus saving her life!!

Thats all.

- - - Updated - - -

Wish this was on the front pages, above the fold, in big bold letters.

THIS! Never happen with our dishonest, corrupt scumbag establishment media!

I know Mass sucks but do you really think if you save a cop the cops are gonna arrest you? Hmm.

I agree. No way in hell would they arrest someone who saved a police officer's life, even in MA. Just never would happen.

Without a doubt.. and not the cops.. the AG.. The cops just do what they are told.

AGs don't arrest or prosecute individuals. Police do the arresting (never would happen in a case like this) and DAs do the prosecuting. Neither work for the AG nor do they take orders from the AG.

DAs have to work with the police and the police would never assist them in prosecuting someone that did this.

There is also a little known law that in effect if a police officer asks for assistance his/her doing so deputizes that person for the acts they do in assisting. This adds further protection for the citizen in this type of case.

There is also a little known law that in effect if a police officer asks for assistance his/her doing so deputizes that person for the acts they do in assisting. This adds further protection for the citizen in this type of case.

Does that mean I could carry concealed in all 50 states after?

Back
Top Bottom