• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Arizona Man Fatally Shot While Testing Bulletproof Vest

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
PSGWSP

Arizona man fatally shot while testing bulletproof vest

A man in eastern Arizona was killed after he asked another man to fire a gunshot at the bulletproof vest he was wearing, officials say.

The Graham County Sheriff’s Office says the incident happened Monday evening as 25-year-old Parker Ray Lynch and two male acquaintances were shooting together in the area of Central.

All three were firing rounds from a .223 single-shot rifle at a ballistic vest in a tree-lined area, the Sheriff’s Office said.

Investigators say Lynch then donned the vest and accompanying plate and had one of the men, identified as Steven Watson, shoot at him.

Watson fired one round, wounding Lynch in the abdomen, investigators say.

Lynch was transported to a hospital where he died during surgery

He is gone but now his family will have to deal with his loss. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe body armor is labeled as to what threat it will safely handle. Sounds like this guy took a center fire rifle hit on a vest rated to stop handgun rounds only.

charles-darwin-approves-charles-darwin-35037377.png

He is gone but now his family will have to deal with his loss. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe body armor is labeled as to what threat it will safely handle. Sounds like this guy took a center fire rifle hit on a vest rated to stop handgun rounds only.

The article mentions vest and plate so it seems like it was a plate carrier with a plate. He was shot in the abdomen so maybe the shooter aimed low. Not that any of that matters, they're both morons.

Even a successfully stopped bullet can kill via commotio corditis. I also wonder if this syndrome is the source of the legendary Dim Mak.

It says they were shooting it before he put it on. From what I know about vests/plates, most are not 'rated' for multiple hits. Could have been a deflection or a straight up failure due to previous impacts.

Besides, I wear my armor for the 'oh s#it' moment, not for fun. I just added new rifle plates to my duty armor, they are so light I can't justify not putting it in there.

This isn't the first time this has been done, few threads on it here...you'd think people would learn at some point. New liberal/antifa challenge? Maybe we could get this going...

Back
Top Bottom