• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Arizona License in 11 days...

Hi All-
I filled out the AZ license application and had my fingerprints done by my local PD and mailed it all in on 12/10. I got back the postal return reciept postcard on 12/16. The Arizona Concealed weapons permit was in my mailbox on 12/21 and is good for 5 years. [grin]

Marlin

Yes, I know that AZ recognizes all other permits, but I got the AZ license because it can't hurt to have a LTC from the state that you are visiting.

I hope that NV, NM and CO will work out argreements with AZ and allow carry in their states, even for Non Resident LTC holders.

AZ law has changed over the last few years and even if now it is gun freindly that could change. Since they are offering this license through the mail with little minimal paperwork, I thought I would jump on it. As you may know UT has stopped certifying new out of state instuctors, so it is going to be much more difficultover time to get a permit from them. NV also used to recognize UT licenses and now they don't. So the law can and will change over time in AZ.

Also, one needs an AZ issued license to carry concealed in a alcohol establishment, so I will be the sober, well armed designated driver for my freinds while I am there.

Yes, it is a part time hobby to keep track of these permits, but perhaps the National Carry Bill (which failed in the US senate by only 2 votes) will be reintroduced and save me from all of this paperwork.

Marlin

Back
Top Bottom