Arizona Concealed Carry CCW

It does specific that out of state has to follow the same restrictions as in state WRT prohibited places. AZ themselves does not seem to make a distinction between resident and non-resident permits.
Correct, except being a non-resident is a defense against the charge of carrying in a posted business with an alcohol license which is a de-facto difference in restriction between those on residents and non-residents.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/4/00229.htm&Title=4&DocType=ARS

4-229. Licenses; handguns; posting of notice
A. A person with a permit issued pursuant to section 13-3112 may carry a concealed handgun on the premises of a licensee who is an on-sale retailer unless the licensee posts a sign that clearly prohibits the possession of weapons on the licensed premises. The sign shall conform to the following requirements:
1. Be posted in a conspicuous location accessible to the general public and immediately adjacent to the liquor license posted on the licensed premises.
2. Contain a pictogram that shows a firearm within a red circle and a diagonal red line across the firearm.
3. Contain the words, "no firearms allowed pursuant to A.R.S. section 4-229".
B. A person shall not carry a firearm on the licensed premises of an on-sale retailer if the licensee has posted the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section.
C. It is an affirmative defense to a violation of subsection B of this section if:
1. The person was not informed of the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section before the violation.
2. Any one or more of the following apply:
(a) At the time of the violation the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section had fallen down.
(b) At the time of the violation the person was not a resident of this state.
(c) The licensee had posted the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section not more than thirty days before the violation.
D. The department of liquor licenses and control shall prepare the signs required by this section and make them available at no cost to licensees.
E. The signs required by this section shall be composed of block, capital letters printed in black on white laminated paper at a minimum weight of one hundred ten pound index. The lettering and pictogram shall consume a space at least six inches by nine inches. The letters comprising the words "no firearms allowed" shall be at least three-fourths of a vertical inch and all other letters shall be at least one-half of a vertical inch.
F. This section does not prohibit a person who possesses a handgun from entering the licensed premises for a limited time for the specific purpose of either:
1. Seeking emergency aid.
2. Determining whether a sign has been posted pursuant to subsection A of this section.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if one already has a resident MA LTC and a non-resident NH P&R license, the non-resident AZ license only adds DE, KS, NE, NM, OH, VA and WV...

No permit required in AK, AZ and VT
MA resident LTC honored in IA, ID, IN, KY, MI, MO, MT, OK, SD, TN, TX and UT
NH non-resident adds AL, AR, GA, LA, MS, NC, ND, PA, SD and WY
AZ non-resident adds DE, KS, NE, NM, OH, VA and WV

I believe NC switched to honoring resident only NH permits, not non-res. I have family there. I got a FL permit to cover that state. NC DOJ Link

I am getting AZ and not FLA because
1) AZ with recognize my MA LTC-A as proof of a firearms course and not neet a certificate from the course (can't find mine)
2)AZ and FLA cover the same states except FLA covers Wash State according to the website I have posted here previously.

Does anyone know of one website where all the states gun laws can be found? Including self defense?

I am getting AZ and not FLA because
1) AZ with recognize my MA LTC-A as proof of a firearms course and not neet a certificate from the course (can't find mine)
2)AZ and FLA cover the same states except FLA covers Wash State according to the website I have posted here previously.

Does anyone know of one website where all the states gun laws can be found? Including self defense?

Makes sense. I'm going the other way only because I actually want FL and they won't recognize a non-resident permit. There's definitely no one combination that works for everybody.

Colorado, Florida, New Hampshire, and South Carolina will not recognize a non resident permit from any state. SC and CO do not offer non resident permits although SC will issue if you own land in SC.

$60 is cheap though. [strike]How many years?[/strike]

are u sure about Florida? You can get a non-resident permit to carry from them, it's $100 per year.

http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/arizona-ccw-state-laws.php

I just applied for mine. They will accept you Mass LTC-A as proof of an 8 hour course. A 2 page application that took about one minute to fill out, a $60 M.O., and 2 fiinger prinit cars is all you need.

Reciprocity

States that Honor Arizona's CCW Permit:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado*, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan*, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah*, Vermont*, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming

I may be blind but looking on the AZ wensite I can't seem to find the actual application. Any help?

I may be blind but looking on the AZ wensite I can't seem to find the actual application. Any help?

It looks like you have to contact them for an application pack.

http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed_Weapons/Permits/Obtain/

Alternate Applicant Instructions.
If you possess documentation, as stipulated in ARS § 13-3112(E)(6)(b-d), you may qualify to obtain a permit without attending the DPS approved firearms-safety training course. Please contact the Concealed Weapons Permit Unit to obtain an application packet.

CONTACT US - CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT UNIT

Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5: p.m. Monday - Friday

Phone / Fax
Metro Phoenix: (602) 256-6280
Outside Metro Phoenix (In Arizona): (800) 256-6280
Fax: (602) 223-2928

Back
Top Bottom