• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Arizona Concealed Carry CCW

http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/arizona-ccw-state-laws.php

I just applied for mine. They will accept you Mass LTC-A as proof of an 8 hour course. A 2 page application that took about one minute to fill out, a $60 M.O., and 2 fiinger prinit cars is all you need.

Reciprocity

States that Honor Arizona's CCW Permit:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado*, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan*, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah*, Vermont*, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming

Colorado, Florida, New Hampshire, and South Carolina will not recognize a non resident permit from any state. SC and CO do not offer non resident permits although SC will issue if you own land in SC.

$60 is cheap though. [strike]How many years?[/strike]

Last edited:
http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/arizona-ccw-state-laws.php

I just applied for mine. They will accept you Mass LTC-A as proof of an 8 hour course. A 2 page application that took about one minute to fill out, a $60 M.O., and 2 fiinger prinit cars is all you need.

Reciprocity

States that Honor Arizona's CCW Permit:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado*, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan*, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah*, Vermont*, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming

Which form did you use? Can't find it on the site only the renewal form.

Thanks

I had to do some further exploring but somewhere there was a contact us email form. I filled that out. But that said, on Friday a friend called the number that was provided and asked the person to send it. So you can just call that number. I called it Thursday night at 8pm to ask question and spoke to a person who answered. On the form where it asks for your Formal training, I was told to write what mass license says " The commonweath of mass Large capacity Class A ....etc etc"

AZ accepts MA LTC and a number of other states, right? So why this additional license? This, I thought, was for AZ residents?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

AZ accepts MA LTC and a number of other states, right? So why this additional license? This, I thought, was for AZ residents?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

AZ does not require a CCW permit to CCW as of around July this past year. They do still issue permits though.

http://www.usacarry.com/arizona_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

http://www.kvoa.com/news/new-gun-law-forces-park-signs-to-come-down/

If it looks like a bargain, go for it for getting other states. I don't think I can gain anything by getting one, however I will be CCW in AZ this month [grin].

Last edited:
So if I've already got my Mass LTC (and NH non-res) what exactly do I get for the bargain $60 AZ CCW license?

BTW, If you're planning on carrying in Arizona, realize that about half the state is tribal land, meaning that none of your permits or licenses are worth crap there. There are agreements in place that cover you while you're on the Interstates and some other major highways, but that's it.

Ken

So if I've already got my Mass LTC (and NH non-res) what exactly do I get for the bargain $60 AZ CCW license?.

Ken

Quite a lot actually. Not counting what you get with MA or for nothing and states that don't take non resident permits you get: AL,DE,GA,KS,LA,MS,NC,ND,NE,NM,OH,PA, and, VA.

Just need to watch which states honor reciprocity for non res permits, im looking to get a florida non res soon as I fill out the paperwork and get the fingerprint card completed.

Just need to watch which states honor reciprocity for non res permits, im looking to get a florida non res soon as I fill out the paperwork and get the fingerprint card completed.

There are 6 IIRC that don't accept non resident permits but have reciprocity. SC, ME, CO, NH, MI, FL. The ones I listed in my post above are good. However, you get every one of those with a FL permit as well as getting FL. Just got my prints done yesterday and will send out my FL app this week.

There are 6 IIRC that don't accept non resident permits but have reciprocity. SC, ME, CO, NH, MI, FL. The ones I listed in my post above are good. However, you get every one of those with a FL permit as well as getting FL. Just got my prints done yesterday and will send out my FL app this week.

I only chose FL as I have a lot of family there and go fishing out in the glades and other remote places with my cousins, would feel much safer if we all were packing than just one of us, though I have been told by a few different people that no permit is necessary for open carry.

Quite a lot actually. Not counting what you get with MA or for nothing and states that don't take non resident permits you get: AL,DE,GA,KS,LA,MS,NC,ND,NE,NM,OH,PA, and, VA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if one already has a resident MA LTC and a non-resident NH P&R license, the non-resident AZ license only adds DE, KS, NE, NM, OH, VA and WV...

No permit required in AK, AZ and VT
MA resident LTC honored in IA, ID, IN, KY, MI, MO, MT, OK, SD, TN, TX and UT
NH non-resident adds AL, AR, GA, LA, MS, ND, PA, SD and WY
AZ non-resident adds DE, KS, NE, NM, OH, VA and WV

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if one already has a resident MA LTC and a non-resident NH P&R license, the non-resident AZ license only adds KS, NE, NM, VA and WV...

No permit required in AK, AZ, VT
MA resident LTC honored in ID, IA, IN, KY, MI, MO, MT, OK, SD, TN, TX and UT
NH non-resident adds AL, AR, GA, LA, MS, NC, ND, PA, SD and WY
AZ non-resident adds KS, NE, NM, VA and WV

I think you're right. I forgot to carry over WV and WY on my earlier post. As soon as you start talking about already having multiple permits the waters start to get muddy fast in regards to what permits are redundant. Ultimately ii think it comes down to where you are most likely to travel and getting covered in all those places with the least number/cost of permits.

I posted a thread a while ago with what I found out about the most bang for my non res buck

READ HERE

I travel for a living. If I remember correctly you can not conceal with a non resident permit, you need the AZ one.

I travel for a living. If I remember correctly you can not conceal with a non resident permit, you need the AZ one.

Can't find that distinction in the AZ online docs. It does specific that out of state has to follow the same restrictions as in state WRT prohibited places. AZ themselves does not seem to make a distinction between resident and non-resident permits.

I only chose FL as I have a lot of family there and go fishing out in the glades and other remote places with my cousins, would feel much safer if we all were packing than just one of us, though I have been told by a few different people that no permit is necessary for open carry.

Open carry is illegal in Florida.

Can't find that distinction in the AZ online docs. It does specific that out of state has to follow the same restrictions as in state WRT prohibited places. AZ themselves does not seem to make a distinction between resident and non-resident permits.

I brought my hang guns to Scottsdale last year and in researching laws, I remember reading that I could have my guns but need a AZ permit to conceal. I think I dug into their actual laws.

The most bizarre thing about AZ is their restaurant ban - "binding signage" if a business has a license to sell alcohol by the drink, but being a non-resident of Arizona is a defense to the charge.

Back
Top Bottom