ARFCOM is down, booted from GoDaddy

It's a good day to start looking for a hosting in Poland. I believe they have a bill which effectively makes online censorship illegal.

This does not solve the DNS/domain name registrar vulnerability issue, though, so we might want to learn exciting staff about patching your local hosts file.

It's a good day to start looking for a hosting in Poland. I believe they have a bill which effectively makes online censorship illegal.

This does not solve the DNS/domain name registrar vulnerability issue, though, so we might want to learn exciting staff about patching your local hosts file.

I was advocating this the other day... GTFO this country for your hosting platform.. At least until all the lawsuits settle, years from now...

Someone needs to start a website listing out all these companies that are involved in anti-2A, anti-conservativism, and anti-constitutional bullshit. We joke about boycotts on here but it's past time for the right to start pulling its money from these business in an organized fashion.

Someone needs to start a website listing out all these companies that are involved in anti-2A, anti-conservativism, and anti-constitutional bullshit. We joke about boycotts on here but it's past time for the right to start pulling its money from these business in an organized fashion.
Get it publically out there, in a big way.

Network gurus and tech people: Is there such a thing as blockchain hosting? Like an encrypted hosting system that utilizes volunteer drone computers to support the network load of self-hosted websites? That way, no one computer has to deal with the bandwidth demand and simultaneous connections, while also securing the website through blockchain? I'm probably messing up the terminology and/or core concepts.

I'm not a network person, and my question may blatantly demonstrate that, but if China, Russia, and others can block certain sites at the country level, what's stopping the US from doing the same thing, regardless of whether we're hosted in Poland or some other foreign jurisdiction?

Yes, although you do realize that list would be virtually all companies that have a name anyone has heard of.

I'm not a network person, and my question may blatantly demonstrate that, but if China, Russia, and others can block certain sites at the country level, what's stopping the US from doing the same thing, regardless of whether we're hosted in Poland or some other foreign jurisdiction?

It depends what they are doing. If the DNS servers that are used within a country are simply not allowing a particular host name to return its IP address, you can switch your router's DNS servers to something else. If they are actually watching the packets to see where they are going (like China would do), then you need a VPN to get through that and hide what's in the packets. Although, they can also block VPN, but that can be problematic because most of us working from home connect to the work servers by VPN. So, you can't just block ALL VPN. You'd have to figure out lists of servers that each VPN is using and specifically block those.

Just think these people are just getting started. This is going to be an ongoing issue. I know I belong to a few car forums and all of them have off-topic and controversial sections for people to blow off steam. Often times people will use the words "dirt" and "nap" juxtaposed. I bet people are going to be crawling these sites looking for words like this or literally 'anything' deemed offensive. Meanwhile the leftists websites are not held to the same standard. Maybe the world will be a better place if the internet died?

It would be a LOT easier, and a MUCH shorter list (a page from a 3"x5" notepad should suffice), just to list those that are "pros" rather than the "antis".

I suppose a list of the absolute worst offenders might be feasible.

Just think these people are just getting started. This is going to be an ongoing issue. I know I belong to a few car forums and all of them have off-topic and controversial sections for people to blow off steam. Often times people will use the words "dirt" and "nap" juxtaposed. I bet people are going to be crawling these sites looking for words like this or literally 'anything' deemed offensive. Meanwhile the leftists websites are not held to the same standard. Maybe the world will be a better place if the internet died?
I moderate a few FB groups, most of them are closed except to members.

For the first time today I got a notification that a post was removed for violating community standards.

Someone (one of my co-moderators) posted what he had programmed into his radio station's automation system to play in the next hour.

His content was all over the map and had 2 songs back to back that just did not fit together well by any stretch of the imagination.

So one of our esteemed contributors said that whoever put that playlist together should be shot.

An innocuous comment IMHO, but the word police at FB said it was a huge no no and removed the comment.

What is the plan for site owners that get booted? No big name cloud hosters, no big brand domain services, no app store hosting, what damage can the Comcasts and Verizons of the world do?

damn.
Anyone watching those tinfoil video's have any idea when they're cutting all the power?
I'd like to have dinner done first...
[tinfoil]

Good. because it looks like they just took out Gab too...

They are using Epik as their registrar, which I thought sent out a strong statement against censoring.

But, their nameservers are listed for the Cloudflare CDN. Which should be easy enough to get around in the short term.

Is it Cloudflare?

If NES goes down I'm going to stand by Cabelas with a sign asking for the back up info
My name is Robert Neville. I am a survivor living in Massachusetts. I am broadcasting on all AM frequencies. I will be at Cabelas everyday at mid-day, when the sun is highest in the sky. If you are out there... if anyone is out there... I can provide food, I can provide shelter, I can provide security. If there's anybody out there... anybody... please. You are not alone.

Back
Top Bottom