ARFCOM is down, booted from GoDaddy

I am also serious.

If NES is down I will go to Cabelas the following day at 7:00pm.

Time to start talking to people like Boomers used to do it.
Ya think the left trying to shut down every social interaction venue, churches, schools, pubs, clubs, etc. wasn't on purpose? It was a dry run for socially isolating people.

Network gurus and tech people: Is there such a thing as blockchain hosting? Like an encrypted hosting system that utilizes volunteer drone computers to support the network load of self-hosted websites? That way, no one computer has to deal with the bandwidth demand and simultaneous connections, while also securing the website through blockchain? I'm probably messing up the terminology and/or core concepts.
What you're describing is peer-to-peer (P2P) data distribution, not blockchain technology. Most (all?) crypto-currencies use both, P2P to distribute the currency, and blockchain technology to secure said currency.

And, it's been around since 1980, known as Usenet (aka. newsgroups). It's use has mostly fallen by the wayside for multiple reasons, but much of the terminology we use around here originated there (ex. trolls, flaming, Godwin's Law, cross-posting, sock-puppet, <plonk>).

Torrent is another example, although it's oriented towards file-sharing. There may be others oriented towards HTML delivery, which is really what's being discussed.

There are issues with P2P having to do with latency, concurrency, synchronization, de-duplication, etc., but we'll see if something emerges.

Pfft. We could totally take Uganda.
1608403448934-png.889196

they destroy enough business and or peoples livelihood then those responsible may not be down for breakfast.
The Karen who lives next to Nate Nickerson, owner of Arnold's Lobster and Clam Bar in Eastham, Cape Cod,
is busy canceling him for having had the temerity to attend the rally on the 6th,
despite him not having anything to do with Capitol Open House 2021.

Boston.com: A Cape Cod restaurant owner was at the Trump riot and called it ‘kind of fun.’ Then he apologized.

Nickerson was on Howie ca. 6:30PM tonight.
My expectations about Nickerson's emotional state
were pre-set by several off-air discussions between Howie and Taylor
that were broadcast on the YoutUbe live stream during commercial breaks.

Notwithstanding that heads-up,
Nickerson was about the closest thing to suicidal
that sheltered old Me has ever heard on the air.

I mean, this guy needs thoughts and prayers.

1608403448934-png.889196

The Karen who lives next to Nate Nickerson, owner of Arnold's Lobster and Clam Bar in Eastham, Cape Cod,
is busy canceling him for having had the temerity to attend the rally on the 6th,
despite him not having anything to do with Capitol Open House 2021.

Boston.com: A Cape Cod restaurant owner was at the Trump riot and called it ‘kind of fun.’ Then he apologized.

Nickerson was on Howie ca. 6:30PM tonight.
My expectations about Nickerson's emotional state
were pre-set by several off-air discussions between Howie and Taylor
that were broadcast on the YoutUbe live stream during commercial breaks.

Notwithstanding that heads-up,
Nickerson was about the closest thing to suicidal
that sheltered old Me has ever heard on the air.

I mean, this guy needs thoughts and prayers.

No point of giving a apology
They want him bankrupt or even dead
Embrace it because you are not going to change minds

Sad, very sad. Bet that foking karen hasn't lived any where near a generation on the Cape. We went to East Brewster in the summer when I was a kid in the 60s and even that young, I figured out that Nickerson State Park meant that that family had been around forever and contributed a lot.

Does "CANCEL" mean the same thing as "Punching Someone's Ticket"...?

No point of giving a apology
They want him bankrupt or even dead
Embrace it because you are not going to change minds
I dare say he'd have done things a leetle differently in hindsight.
But he's still going to be feeling his way blind on this thing.

Please show support for this family. Their email is on their website.
They could use some morale boosting,
but in the spur of the moment Howie asked Nickerson if he'd rather listeners
buy gift certificates, or be supportive on social media.
Nickerson replied the money isn't the biggest thing right now,
and social media support was better.

Ironically, in 2021 you never know when some supporter social-posting "Arnold's Clam Bar is #1"
(instead of just privately EMailing positive vibes to Nickerson)
will get the supporter canceled.

We went to East Brewster in the summer when I was a kid in the 60s and even that young, I figured out that Nickerson State Park meant that that family had been around forever and contributed a lot.
I think it was some caller that said,
"I know your family's been there forever -
heck, I've been to ponds named after you.

And to tie it back to the actual topic,
maybe at some point someone following both cancellation attempts -
Arfcom and Arnold's -
will post a "compare and contrast" in this thread.

Who did what right, who did what wrong, and why.

Know your Loyalists...

tory-loyalist-18th-c-granger.jpg
The sad realization is there are/were torys right on this site that stabbed every real American in the back because of "orange man bad". IMHO, these c***s are worse than the communists because they lied in wait to stab us while smiling in our faces; some waiting years to do it. At least with the commies, they were honest with their hatred of us from the start.

Does anyone know if they were given a reason for the boot?

"In response to content complaints on the ar15.com website, our team investigated and discovered content on the site that both promotes and encourages violence. As a result, we informed the site yesterday that they have 24 hours to move the domain to another registrar, as they have violated our terms of service," GoDaddy told the Washington Examiner.

I'm not a network person, and my question may blatantly demonstrate that, but if China, Russia, and others can block certain sites at the country level, what's stopping the US from doing the same thing, regardless of whether we're hosted in Poland or some other foreign jurisdiction?
Maybe the US is already doing that.

Gee, can I get back on Facebook after being banned for the third time this month. Apparently disagreeing with crazed liberals is not acceptable behavior.

Back
Top Bottom