ARFCOM is down, booted from GoDaddy

Does anyone know if they were given a reason for the boot?

Cuz guns? I also assume their recent limiting of political discussion to members forums and specified forums lends itself to people getting “uppity” and perhaps saying things that could be viewed as “over the line”.

How will we know who wins the high point if this site goes down?

I was reading through there last night.
The majority of members were pissed about them moving political discussions to the private area.
The point was made that kissing the ring won't save your ass.
Looks like they were right.

Network Solutions is the scum on scum's shoes. I don't know if anyone remembers when they tried to break DNS by
making unresolved hostname requests go to their ad site instead of giving an error. Un-f***ing-real.
GoDaddy is also an awful awful company.

By the way, whatever happened with that NES backup idea for if we need to communicate outside of NES should the enemy do something to take it out? Was there a Telegram channel?

I sure hope we're planning on contingencies for an attack on us. If the servers are physical (are they?), then at least there's no hosting service issues. You still got DNS and ISP's as possible targets. They'll eventually go after the power companies to cut power to wrong thinkers, but that isn't imminent.

Clearly ARF anticipated this brazen commie purge and prepared accordingly. Good thinking by them. Stay frosty boys. Shit is about to get real.

Not that well.

If they'd actually prepared, they'd have ditched godaddy years ago. They have a long history of treating their customers poorly, including selling domains to other people.

I switched all my domains to gandi.net more than a decade ago.

Back
Top Bottom