Ares SCR, Legal? Anyone have one?

If it's a semiauto it wouldn't pass the clone/copy test because of the charging handle, magwell and bcg

the only thing more painful than the AG passing her own legislation is you people arguing about what is or is not legal. we need a separate forum for this dialect of filibuster.

Doesn't look like a clone of anything but a post-AWB KelTec. LOL

Gosh this is a crappy place to be right now. It'll settle out. I'm confident in that. But this is just stupid. I bet if you locked Maura in a room and showed her pictures of various guns and descriptions on others you'd get all sorts of cross-confusing answers of what's legal and what's not.

Doesn't look like a clone of anything but a post-AWB KelTec. LOL

Gosh this is a crappy place to be right now. It'll settle out. I'm confident in that. But this is just stupid. I bet if you locked Maura in a room and showed her pictures of various guns and descriptions on others you'd get all sorts of cross-confusing answers of what's legal and what's not.
Of course you wouldn't, because:

Last edited by a moderator:
the only thing more painful than the AG passing her own legislation is you people arguing about what is or is not legal. we need a separate forum for this dialect of filibuster.

I also love how people talk about it as though its actually binding- when nobody has actually proven that yet. So far every "legal determination" somoene has made based on her BS has been made out of FEAR, not fact.

-Mike

I also love how people talk about it as though its actually binding- when nobody has actually proven that yet. So far every "legal determination" somoene has made based on her BS has been made out of FEAR, not fact.

-Mike

Well, it's clearly scared the FFLs into compliance.

-Mike

True, but the sad fact is that no one wants to be the test case. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to be either.

True, but the sad fact is that no one wants to be the test case. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to be either.

I'm not worried about it, as an individual. The dealers are the only ones facing any real risks here. Even that is debatable. I think a big problem is some of them might not have the resources to take a case
full course.....

-Mike

Last edited:
Well, it's clearly scared the FFLs into compliance.

The problem is it's cheaper for a typical MA dealer to sell off a few ARs even at no profit to an outbound dealer than it is to pay for a lawyer for even 4 or 8 ours with most typical gun shops, so the path they will choose is pretty obvious. Nobody had enough balls to take the risk. (unless there's some plan being formulated say, between a bunch of dealers and comm2a etc that we're not privy to just yet. )

-Mike

There already is a MA law subforum, but everyone likes hyperventilating in the GD forum so the rest of us have weed through these threads. I feel for you guys, I really do, but it's getting old.

Last edited:
The problem is it's cheaper for a typical MA dealer to sell off a few ARs even at no profit to an outbound dealer than it is to pay for a lawyer for even 4 or 8 ours with most typical gun shops, so the path they will choose is pretty obvious. Nobody had enough balls to take the risk. (unless there's some plan being formulated say, between a bunch of dealers and comm2a etc that we're not privy to just yet. )

-Mike

I think in this case the dealers should be very concerned. As we know, the AG has been looking for "customer lists" from manufactures. It's very likely the customers they are seeking are MA FFLs. I think there's a good chance she goes after them big time. Compared to the individual gun owners, gun stores seem like a much more formidable target, but I'll bet she thinks she can win and trying to shut down shops that flooded our streets with the weapons of war is a nice headline.

Her statement indicates that "most" of us bought these gun thinking they were legal, but she is silent on the motivation of the dealer. It might be her next move.

Anyone have one of these and, if so, do you like it? I assume its legal?

http://www.aresdefense.com/?page_id=729

Good grief...why would you want one? It more than likely not legal...
Just buy yourself one of these MA compliant models......
[video=youtube_share;OrppxG3PN4M]http://youtu.be/OrppxG3PN4M[/video]

My new masterpiece, i FA10ed it last night...possible new avatar, definably an assault burger..caused seriously bleeding and blockage this morning.20160802_014948.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom