• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ARES SCR, I want one!

That may be the ugliest firearm I have ever seen. It's like the crackbaby offspring of Joe Biden's shotgun and America's favorite rifle. Or something. [I had better plans for that metaphor, then my mind went blank.]

uhyjasuq.jpg

Vs

urymeqes.jpg

5ytyqe4u.jpg
dy9y9yme.jpg

Are you seriously saying that you think this looks worse than one of the NY SAFE ARs? Each to his own, but I think this is waaaay better looking. Sleeker lines for sure.

I'd own neither of those... Of course, I'm also living in a state where I'm not restricted on what I can purchase (by laws, just $$ in my pocket). I can get brand new magazines that hold more than 10 rounds each too.

IF I was to get something even close to that, it would be in a large caliber that was sub-MOA and far reaching. I wouldn't bastardize a working design to get around moronic laws.

With the spring being angled like it is, does this cause the recoil pulse to move downward? If so, wouldn't that cause excessive muzzle rise?

Probably but 556 has like no recoil anyways, especially when used in semi auto...

It looks better without the moe hand guard.

Replace the MOE handguard with a long Samson rail and it would look ten times better.

I want to hate it because its a response to ever stricter AWB laws in places like CT and CA.

But I like it. I think its sharp looking.

- - - Updated - - -

Or on the flipside... a perfect way for the bedwetting liberals to push for further restrictions:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is that at some point they will be trying to ban magazine fed semi-auto rifles. Even in CT or MA, that wouldn't fly.

I like it. It's somewhere in between the pump action Remington and a real AR. Besides, I'm not really THAT attached to a pistol grip on a long gun anyway[shocked]

I'm in Boston, so no AR for me... this would be ok though. (I think)

This may be the case and would make a lot of residents very happy. It is mechanically different enough as a commercial production of a new type of firearm (not to be in any way called an "AR15") instead of a cosmetic/mechanical modification of a banned "AR-15" platform to potentially pass the smell test.

I want to hate it because its a response to ever stricter AWB laws in places like CT and CA.

But I like it. I think its sharp looking.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is that at some point they will be trying to ban magazine fed semi-auto rifles. Even in CT or MA, that wouldn't fly.

I love these new Butchered AR's, it just proves how dumb the politicians are. They think if you remove all the "evil" features the AR can't be an AR. It's still the same rifle and just as effective as a full killy AR, just ugly.

Back
Top Bottom