• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Area 7 Stages

Thanks, Dave. The standards don't appear to be all that difficult. The big decision for me would (I can't make the match) be whether or not to go prone at 40 yds. With a 12 second time limit, I would likely opt for prone.

Unless they run multiple shooters at once, three starts will make this stage a slow one. I have always been a fan of standards and am happy to see them included in this match.
We are going to have 3 sets of targets for 3 shooters. The 3 shooters will come to their respective lines. First shooter will shoot his String, then the second shooter shoots his string followed by the third shooter. Once all 3 have shot String 1, they move ahead for string 2, and the same for string 3. Then all 3 shooters targets are scored. Reload with 3 more shooters and so on.

Cool.. Random drawing or order of finish?
This is up to the match director, not me, but my understanding is random drawing.

The "right" answer will never be found.

Reward by random drawing and performance is not rewarded except by bragging rights and a plaque. Reward by order of finish, and there are endless choices to make - do you reward classes? What about juniors, lady, senior, super senior, etc.?

We are going to have 3 sets of targets for 3 shooters. The 3 shooters will come to their respective lines. First shooter will shoot his String, then the second shooter shoots his string followed by the third shooter. Once all 3 have shot String 1, they move ahead for string 2, and the same for string 3. Then all 3 shooters targets are scored. Reload with 3 more shooters and so on.

Sweet, I can give people penalties by shooting their target

That's the way to do it.

Turning targets, is the answer. Everyone goes at the same time. They just can't look at their holsters! [laugh]

Tried the 40 yd stage today and I have changed my opinion. Twelve seconds isn't as long as I remember. I shot the stage standing, not prone, but the time involved convinced me that I wouldn't do any better in the prone position. Getting into prone and a prone reload will consume too much time.

Tried the 40 yd stage today and I have changed my opinion. Twelve seconds isn't as long as I remember. I shot the stage standing, not prone, but the time involved convinced me that I wouldn't do any better in the prone position. Getting into prone and a prone reload will consume too much time.
Fred,
You're 20 years older than when you used to go prone! [sad]

I hear you, time goes on. Getting into the prone position wouldn't be the real problem, the extra time a prone reload takes is the killer. My results offhand were good enough abandone the prone approach.

I know what you mean.
When I go prone, I usually take a nap.
The upside is you get up off the clock. Take as long as you want/need.

images

Chrono was tested today in my coffin set up. The difference between chronos were single digits so it is looking like they are accurate to each other.

Ammo we tested here at sea level ran just a little slower than the daylight chrono the person that brought it had for readings. Could have been the guns, could be the difference between daylight and IR screens, could be the elevation. It was a bright comfortable clear day and hopefully we get the same for the match.

See you all on stage 6. Hey Mike, can I put out a tip jar [smile]

Donna - I updated the link. Glad to hear BUAS found a new home. Mystic Valley is an indoor range, I assume? I'm looking forward to checking out your matches this fall/winter.

Thanks for compliment. I started putting together the website back in February but it sat dormant for months because I wasn't happy with the template and I ended up butchering the match logo to make the banner. Finally, I decided just to push out what I had so folks could get travel info, stages, etc. The site is hosted on a computer in my wife's music room so hopefully it's not too slow. I managed to get electronic registration and payments working so hopefully next year we will have an alternative to snail mail.

Donna - I updated the link. Glad to hear BUAS found a new home. Mystic Valley is an indoor range, I assume? I'm looking forward to checking out your matches this fall/winter.

Thanks for compliment. I started putting together the website back in February but it sat dormant for months because I wasn't happy with the template and I ended up butchering the match logo to make the banner. Finally, I decided just to push out what I had so folks could get travel info, stages, etc. The site is hosted on a computer in my wife's music room so hopefully it's not too slow. I managed to get electronic registration and payments working so hopefully next year we will have an alternative to snail mail.

Thanks! Yes, Mystic Valley is an indoor range. It's absolutely beautiful and I'm thrilled that they are hosting us. I hope you can join us this winter!

I think the web site is great and the info is good. Thanks again for doing that!

Back
Top Bottom