• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Area 7 Match in June......

I am seriously thinking about signing up to shoot this match. I havent shot a major match in a long long time. Is there anybody from the southeastern Mass area planning on attending this match? Can a guy hitch a ride? Where do you stay? What day are you shooting?

I'll be there along with the usual suspects.

The hotels in the area are provided on a list with your info packet. They are also available on the Rochester-Brooks club page. We stayed at the Ramada last year.

Squadding is done online, which is a really nice. There is no need to send in apps together.

Hamar said:
I am seriously thinking about signing up to shoot this match. I havent shot a major match in a long long time. Is there anybody from the southeastern Mass area planning on attending this match? Can a guy hitch a ride? Where do you stay? What day are you shooting?

Our mutual friend from Manville and I will be headed up Friday, shooting Saturday AM (we hope) and returning Sat afternoon.

Find me Sunday and we can talk. Look for the 4" revo and the BE hat ;)

Regards,

Gary

Rob,
Just checking, but, we have to snail mail the applications to you, correct? I have to check with someone from RI but, several of us will want to shoot together, most likely on Sunday.
Dan
Oops....for the 3 gun match, not the Rochester match. Hal says he can't hold up a rifle to shoot it due to his shoulder. So he won't be there.

Gary/Round Gun, I will look you up for sure! Thank you. I'll be with my 13 yo daughter (like everyother match) so if you see me first, please feel free to come see me but I will be looking for you as well. Thank you.

Rob, I wish I could shoot the three gun match in Harvard but as Dan wrote, my left arm and shoulder situation makes it virtually impossible to shoot a long arm off hand.

Hamar said:
Gary/Round Gun, I will look you up for sure! Thank you. I'll be with my 13 yo daughter (like everyother match) so if you see me first, please feel free to come see me but I will be looking for you as well. Thank you.

Does she want to go to A7 Too??

Oh boy does she!! I'm not sure her mom is going to let that happen. If I shoot the Aware match, She may go with me there. The poor kid wants to be shooting now but she is far from ready. She just doesnt have the strength in her arms and hands yet.

Hamar said:
Oh boy does she!! I'm not sure her mom is going to let that happen. If I shoot the Aware match, She may go with me there. The poor kid wants to be shooting now but she is far from ready. She just doesnt have the strength in her arms and hands yet.

Paul and I are going to AWARE too.

You need to get that girl a Revolver. I have one she can use with a light enough trigger to make it easy for her. Time for her to get off the bench and into the game :D

See you Sunday,

Gary

OF the two matches, I suspect that AWARE would be the more appropriate. It also has SERIOUSLY well-thought out props that make for incredibly clever stages. Then there's the organization it benefits.

See you both Sunday! [wink]

Bringing her to a steel match where you start at the low ready and don't have to move much would be a start too.

Whenever she does start, she'll be ahead of the game. She's been to quite a few matches.

AWARE is a lot of fun. There is a lot to do in the Stowe area.

Bring her to the matches Paul Remick runs at Independent. Start at the low ready, small groups (12 - 15) and no pressure. We even have a woman who shoots there regularly, so she won't feel all alone.

Well, I sent in my entry form for the Area 7 match. Thanks to Gary and Paul, I also have a Hotel room and a ride. Heather will be joining us on this adventure too. She wont be shooting though.....

Back
Top Bottom