• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Area 7 Championships?

Flattery will get you no where [laugh2]

Paul does have a point though, those "easy" stages may in fact be 30-40yrd shots or prone-to-standing
comes to mind for stage "High & Low"
Not every club puts on the show Harvard does, and yes for an area match/money we do expect a lot,
go or not, I'm sure a bunch of folks will have a good time and a lot of beer will be drunk [smile]

Did someone suggest beer[cheers]
Shooting of course ........is always fun [mg]

Paul does have a point though, those "easy" stages may in fact be 30-40yrd shots or prone-to-standing
comes to mind for stage "High & Low"
Not every club puts on the show Harvard does, and yes for an area match/money we do expect a lot,
go or not, I'm sure a bunch of folks will have a good time and a lot of beer will be drunk [smile]

Dave and Paul, you are both correct.
Perhaps I'm getting more than a little cranky because I'm not yet ready to get back to USPSA competition. If I were in a better frame of mind I'd probably like those stages that don't require a lot of movement, given my aging knees I can't move like I did when I was 25 or 30.
I apologize to the folks that worked up the stages for my "lame" comments.

So I take it that's a USPSA rule - engage all targets ? (I've read the book, still don't know what it says)
What if I shot 1 shot on each paper, reloaded then engaged everything (yes the cd does say engage each target with 2 shots,
that probably answers that question)

My only reason for bringing it up is so all the revo shooters will know what and what not they can do,
or so the RO's know what any shooter is allowed to do really (I could see an open shooter go really fast using the method above)
Bitching and moaning to the RO about what so & so said on the internet don't fly on match day.

And yes Lugnut (aka "Gamer") 3 reloads does stink for such a small stage.

When are you signing up? Your partner in crime will need someone there to calm him down.

Thought this should be brought up well in advance.....

Stage 4 says mandatory reload after the paper and before steel, (not exactly in those words but you get the drift)
well with a 6 shot revo you've already made a reload to put the 8 shots on paper, do you need to make another reload before starting on the steel ??

Inquiring minds want to know [smile]

Easiest way to say it Dave is engage the paper and reload as necessary///// Perform a mandatory reload and engage steel reload as necessary.

There is a classifier that is run the same way, don't remember which one but it always required 8 shots, mandatory reload, 8 shots. If you haven't registered, shoot open [grin]

Does anyone else think that some of those stages are a little lame (3,4,5 and 6) for an area championship?
I had been planning on going, I have family nearby and free lodging, but since I'm still recovering, I opted out.

Stages don't make a major match, the level of the competitors make it major. Simple looking stages can have their own pitfalls. Look at Stage 3 of last year's match. Nice slow swinger and 4 poppers.....Travis Tomase almost zero'd it!

Stages don't make a major match, the level of the competitors make it major. Simple looking stages can have their own pitfalls. Look at Stage 3 of last year's match. Nice slow swinger and 4 poppers.....Travis Tomase almost zero'd it!

You make a good point there Dan. That silly little stage got me too... I didn't show enough respect.

I think that depends on the shooter, some go for the competition, to see how they rank overall in a bigger pond. But a lot go for the experience of shooting great stages, wanting to shoot elaborate stages that you wouldn't see locally

5 of the 6 short stages were essentially the same last year and the field stage were mostly 8 shots, move, 8 shots. Other than the BBQ stage, targets were only available from 1 location.

The stages and the compeitors go hand and hand. The stages were lacking last year, you won't get all the top competitors coming back this year.

And it was GOOD!
I know what to order!
What they still have in the kitchen..........................

So it sounds like,
Steve won't be able to join us this year, I just moved up a place overall!
I will let Max & Travis know they can now come to the match.
Steve...................it all can't be as competitive as Manville

Back
Top Bottom