• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Area 7 Championships?

Is there anyway I can get just the date so I can schedule the time?
No, because I want the match staff to make the announcement regarding the weekend of August 4 - August 8.

The match has been officially announced, and is on the USPSA major match calendar at www.uspsa.org. August 4-8, Fulton NY, Pathfinder. Registration will open up once the match director has approved all the details on the app form (shoot times, cancellation deadline, etc.).

My thoughts on the price:

- I think the price will include a T shirt (remember when matches gave these out?)

- Hotels near the match are reasonably priced (I don't yet have the group rate for the one just down the road, but will soon).

- Competitors sometimes let feeling about a fee obscure judgment of the overall picture - some folks will find a $80 match in an area with $120 hotels to be a better deal than a $100 match in an area with $75 hotels.

- I am personally too busy being grateful a quality club has steped forward to run the match to worry about a few dollars on the fee. With the exception of a club using existing props only and running a match on a non-profit basis (like the last Area match at Harvard), a $100 for a plaque match is not out of line with prevailing custom. Also, comparison with the Harvard "we've got to make sure we don't risk running a profit on this match since that would be a bad thing" model is not relevant since Harvard was not bidding to host the event.

I don't know all the prize polities, but the rates for the 2010 Area Championships that have been listed:

A1 - $99
A3 - $150
A4 - $125
A6 - $160

So, assuming A3/4/6 are "prize matches", they would seem to be at the $100 level if no prizes. A3 is advertising an "order of finish prize table with cash and trophies", so that match is indeed at a lower price point, but you'll probably spend much of that savings traveling to Idaho for the event.

Last edited:
For $100 it seems like a good deal. I'd like to see fewer stages, but a higher round count this year. I rather have a trophy than a prize, I can always buy more stuff, got to win the trophies

For $100 it seems like a good deal. I'd like to see fewer stages, but a higher round count this year. I rather have a trophy than a prize, I can always buy more stuff, got to win the trophies

+1 to this!

Area 8 was great that way. 11 stages with two speed shoots. Everything else was at least 20 rounds per with 5 that were 30+

Either way I will be there. Just hope the hotel does not run out of food on me again[smile]

I'm not really that concerned about prizes, I just hope they have a better match this year. They had 5 or 6 good stages and then 6 absolutely pathetic stages. I was very dissapointed to travel all that way and spend all that money for that. Especially after the 2008 match at Harvard which was excellent.

I think I'll pass on this one. The Harvard monthly matches are just about as good for a lot less money, travel, and motel costs.

I enjoyed the match in 09 and will enjoy the match in 2010. Cruz and I should be there and hopefully Mooney too. We WILL rent a bigger car this year [shocked]

We will probably look for another hotel though. Maybe something just a little nicer.......

I'm in. I'll shoot what they serve and I'll like it. Bringing a cooler this year though. The hotel bar keeps very irregular hours.

I heard tell of a store selling adult beverages and $5 coolers across the street; and the hotel management does not frown upon serving personal refreshments on the patio if the bar is closed. I'm not certain where I heard this; not that it's any interest to me.
(Trophies? They give out trophies? Who knew?)

Only complaint I had was the lack of the Chrono stage.
This will be corrected at the 2010 match.

Correcting a previous post - T shirts are available, but not included in the netry fee.

I had a great time at the 2009 A-7 match. Another field course or two with less standards type stages would have been nice but we still did a lot of shooting that day. I couldn't keep my eyes open on the ride home. The guys in NY did an awesome job putting the match on.

I may even try to travel / shack up with ScottB and RobC again if they will put up with me agian! [pot]

I had a great time at the 2009 A-7 match. Another field course or two with less standards type stages would have been nice but we still did a lot of shooting that day. I couldn't keep my eyes open on the ride home. The guys in NY did an awesome job putting the match on.

I may even try to travel / shack up with ScottB and RobC again if they will put up with me agian! [pot]

Did you get to be the big or little spoon? [smile]

Seriously though, you shooting S & W Sunday. I think we have a crew heading down!

Back
Top Bottom