• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Area 7 Championship Fulton, NY

I'd only put myself at having done OK
Wish i could do it again, but I bet a lot of people are saying that.
I never knew a swinger moving that slowly would be hard. I guess I never factored in only being able to see it for about a 1 foot section, and not see it coming.

How fast you make it home?
I was able to get from the range to Swansea in 4.42
Pretty sure I could do it in under 4 and a half if I didnt run into no apparent reason traffic on the pike.

If they have the match there next year, I'm bringing a fishing rod, the hotel I stayed at had a river in the back that guests could fish at.

We made it home in about 4 1/2 hours. Not bad at all. That included stopping to grab a coffee and fill up. I never realized how nice it was up there. I would love to spend a weekend camping and hiking.

How did you shoot the stage with the door? I started on the left array, went to the door, and finished on the right.

Scott went left, right, and ended on the door.

A big thanks to all who made this match possible. Very well run. Looking forward to next year.

I enjoyed the match a lot. It was great seeing folks from years ago. There were a great number of folks that used to work at the Miller, then Smith & Wesson Invitational matches.
The match wasn't as easy as people thought it was going to be [smile] It wasn't a "gimmicky" match, which made for smooth sailing and not a lot of reshoots for range malfunctions. Small sqads and a half day format made it so you're butt wasn't dragging after 8 hours on the range.
A big thumbs up for the match. If they have it again, I'll be an early sign up....again!

It was a fun match. I definitely would like a re-do some of the stages. nothing was flowing for me and I was having trouble with the steel. I would run a good stage only to not give one target the attention it deserved and screw the whole thing up.

on the door stage. I opened the door, went: drop turner, partial, left target, then right target backing out. then went left, Steel, which I missed and had to come back to, papers then to the right.

I would love a few re-do's. I had a rough start and learned some valuable lessons....one being to chamber check when moving hot from one stage to the next. I didn't realize I had run the gun empty on stage 1 (must have had my thumb on the slide lock) and moved to 2 with a fresh mag and nothing in the chamber when the buzzer went off. It was definitely worth the trip. I am looking forward to next year when I will be classified!!!!

I would love a few re-do's. I had a rough start and learned some valuable lessons....one being to chamber check when moving hot from one stage to the next. I didn't realize I had run the gun empty on stage 1 (must have had my thumb on the slide lock) and moved to 2 with a fresh mag and nothing in the chamber when the buzzer went off. It was definitely worth the trip. I am looking forward to next year when I will be classified!!!!

Eric, I see you bring an B to A class in no time. You are very fast! Yup, some stages were very painful, but I have no doubt that next year you will have a much better performance. All I gotta say is slow down just a tad to get those hits in, in my opinion, Ds are misses in production. [wink]

Videos will be up directly. I thought it was a good match and well run. The weather was spectacular - it was the best weather we've shot in all year. I enjoyed my car buds; Rob and Matt L. were great to bunk and shoot with. Rob really pushed me all day and shot a good match. Matt L. did much better than his score indicated because of a massive jam on stage 2. I had my normal slow start and was generally tense (based on a half dozen trigger freezes) but I started to focus on the fact that Rob was kickin' my butt and I started paying attention to what I needed to pay attention to. I kinda feel like Matt J. does - I did OK and I shot a class higher than my ranking, but I still got beat by a girl (although she's got a pretty good teacher) .

everyone is equal with a gun Scott
gender doesn't play one iota of a factor.
A bullet doesn't know if a guy or a girl is sending it downrange

everyone is equal with a gun Scott
gender doesn't play one iota of a factor.
A bullet doesn't know if a guy or a girl is sending it downrange

I didn't take it to mean he was being sexist. He got beat out of top A, which I'm sure is frustrating to be so close. And, he was beat by the same person who won top A last year at Summer blast. I know... I had to listen to Mike [crying] after getting second A [rofl]

Eric, I see you bring an B to A class in no time. You are very fast! Yup, some stages were very painful, but I have no doubt that next year you will have a much better performance. All I gotta say is slow down just a tad to get those hits in, in my opinion, Ds are misses in production. [wink]

Thanks,

I really need to join a more USPSA friendly club. I think I'll be paying HSC a visit in September. Your video came out sweet as usual.

I had a great time too, with fantastic car buddies, and a couple epic Garmin fails (some of which were my fault :) while out and about in town). Wish I could redo a couple myself, especially "go for it" where I put an injury I got last week at work ahead of my shooting (pulled hamstring, and sure didn't feel good after dropping down for the barrel stage). Lost focus, went into warp drive and never saw the sight once. Just wanted to get off the stage and off my leg. Overall happy with my performance, wish I had not lost focus on a couple stages, and mis-called a couple shots.

The stages were far more challenging than they looked, and with a great mix of speed shoots, field courses, and mid-sized courses it was a great match with minimal waiting around and an early exit. Really nice club up there in NY as well!

Cruz, brother Brian, and Round_Gun_Shooter were great squadmates, and Ed and Shaun from Maine Practical Shooters were most welcome in our group- if you guys (from Maine) are on this forum, thanks for a great match, I'd shoot with you guys again in a heartbeat!

This was one of the best matches I've been to yet! Beautiful weather, beautiful scenery, wonderful people!!!! Not a bad ride at all, although like Matt - where the hell did that traffic come from on the Pike on the way back?????? We had a great squad too. We 4 ladies let 2 guys have the pleasure of shooting with us[smile]. But we all worked well together and had a blast. I also agree with the comment that it was nice to do that many stages and to still be standing and not wiped out at the end. I really feel those stages challenged my shooting abilities, which was good, not my ability to figure out a puzzle or make trick shots. I liked that. It was really straight forward. And fun.

And can I say that I beat Travis Tomasie on stage 3????? Can I???? Can I????[shocked] Well, a lot of folks beat him, I know. But I did too!!!! I'm guessing he had gun problems. But hehhhhh ----- I'm claiming this one!!!!!!!

Donna

Awesome match, won "C" class in limited 10.
New hat cam recorded most of it, smiled nearly all five hours driving back to Connecticut.

Great, well run match. I really don't think it was super challenging but the "appearance" of an easy match made you push harder IMO. I made the worse mistakes on the "easiest" stages/shots. I usually do ok on static stages but not today... oh well.

I think I need to work on getting a good first shot after moving into a position... maybe I need some work on my cardio too... I know I do.

Awesome match, won "C" class in limited 10.
New hat cam recorded most of it, smiled nearly all five hours driving back to Connecticut.

Very nice job Greg! I was in your squad shooting Production. You were very smooth and clean. Looked like a solid B shooter to me.

I don't know if Gerry T and some of his friends are on this forum but he's a local production shooter that won B class. He came in 7th overall- for a damn good match!

Donna, you may say that you beat Travis. He didn't have gun problems, he had a miss and a no shoot......20 points in penalties on a 30 point stage hurts.
It seems that a lot of people got taken on that stage.
Todd Jarrett zero'd it.

Donna, you may say that you beat Travis. He didn't have gun problems, he had a miss and a no shoot......20 points in penalties on a 30 point stage hurts.
It seems that a lot of people got taken on that stage.
Todd Jarrett zero'd it.

Well....... don't I feel just really good now!!!!!!!![smile]

(And Kathie beat him too!!!!!)

Had an awesome time at the match. Very well run and challenging! Had some great laughs with Rob and Scott and great conversation (where did that six hours go on the way out?) You should have heard the three of us in the hotel room the night before we shot practicing. I can only imagine what the guests were thinking... click, click, click, click... Oh wait Chuck Z was our neighbor [rofl] he was probably doing the same thing.

I had a tough match. Some decent stages but screwed the pooch on a few others like two mikes on how fast is too fast, zero'd stage three with the swinger, a mike on central standard time and a big jam on stage one for a 14 second run when it should have been about three and change. I just felt sloppy all day. Damn, I could have done so much better... Next time!

Scott and Rob both shot great matches (IMO) and really pushed each other all day while sharing info on the stages to boot.

I have to say congrats to Chris F. for winning B limited - Nice job man I wish I could have watched you shoot! and G.T. for B production.

Vids to follow shortly.

I don't know if Gerry T and some of his friends are on this forum but he's a local production shooter that won B class. He came in 7th overall- for a damn good match!
Jerry has been my hero for a while. Not bad for a guy who's been fishing, rather then shooting, for the last few years.[grin]

Respectfully,
jkelly

Jerry has been my hero for a while. Not bad for a guy who's been fishing, rather then shooting, for the last few years.[grin]

Respectfully,
jkelly

Thanks John- hurt me more. [wink] He must have been practicing like a mad man when he came back or something!

Back
Top Bottom