Area 7 3 gun match

Steve, that makes it Open, no optics on pistol or shotgun in anything but Open.
Supermoto
What's a SBR, sometimes I have trouble with abbreviations, they can be like private jokes.. As for the distances, Harvard has a maximum range of 300 yards, although they haven't used that long a shot in the past. Who knows for this match. Hopefully we'll find out before the match. Shotgun will be shot and some slugs.
Hope this helps.

SBR is a short barrel rifle, I'm building a 7" AR15 but 300 yard might be pushing its accuracy limits

I have 2 3/4 slugs and 00 buck is that what I would use, or something lighter

thanks

Supermoto,
My AR has and 18 1/2" barrel. The 7 inch might be fun to hose with, but, not very good for match shooting. Not to mention you probably won't make minor with it. Shot could be restricted to 7 1/2's and smaller (8's, 9's) The shot will be used on poppers and perhaps other targets. Try to find reduced recoil slugs, they have little more recoil than shot loads. Remember, it's a game, use the rules to your advantage.

Yes, I will shoot open, especially since it will be one gun per stage. I have an 1187 with the 10+1 capacity but I foresee a Benelli in my future.

I just use those 100 round packs from Walmart of #7 or #8 shot for steel with an IC choke. I don't think you can use 00 buck, or at least, you definitely don't need to. You can use any slug but the green Remington Reduced Recoil slugs are popular.

Since I'm limited to 8 round extension I'm using a Winchester Super X, a Model 1, not a 2. I like the smoothness of it, and the wood and steel :) Just gotta work on reloading. For the other 2, the AR has the Benny HIll Special, and my .40 for pistol.

I don't think there is a Heavy Metal for this match. That's usually used in non-USPSA matches. The application is on the Area 7 page on the USPSA site.

Supermoto said:
So I could shoot my M1a socom, mossberg 590 and 1911 in the heavy metal division.

This sounds like fun :D

You can definitely compete with that "He-man" setup. I just don't think they are going have a fourth class for it. There is an article on Heavy Metal in USPSA in an old Front Sight I have.

Thanks for the offer Hamar,

now anyone have a semi-auto shotgun, a .40 limited gun and some ammo I can uses. wow this sport is cheaper to get into then I thought
:D j/k

I will probably use what I have now, if I can make the match

When is this match going to be? I will need a shotgun before then... Looks like I'll be giving JP another call. LOL

Pete

PistolPete said:
When is this match going to be? I will need a shotgun before then... Looks like I'll be giving JP another call. LOL

Pete
Pete,
As Steve said the 3 gun match is in September, check the Area 7 page for a little info and application. Harvard is having a shotgun match the end of July though. Good place for warm up.
Did you get your AR yet?

The AR still has about 2-3 more weeks and that's it. I can't wait. I don't currently own a shotgun so I'll need to get one soon. I'll prob. just buy a JP limited shotgun and call it a day. Are there any rifle matches this year?

Thanks,
Pete

Pete,
I heard something about the Hartford gun club in Granby, Ct. having some 3 gun matches. Nothing firm though. I believe that you're in the western part of Mass, so that would be close for you. Maybe Rob Boudrie will chime in about Hartford.
Dan

The match will have 9 stages; 3 pistol, 3 rifle, 3 shotgun. Stages will be posted after they're approved by NROI.

The rifle will include a couple of run-n-guns plus a 200/300 yard stage (which was also included in last October's rifle match). Carbines seem OK at 300. A short barrel rifle? I dunno.

Remington 1187 in 3gun (Interceptor Latch Issue)

For those of you that are considering or who are using the Remington 1100 in 3gun may want to conisider Shawn Carlock's modification / fix for the interceptor latch issue that plagues these guns (JP builds great guns, but they don't offer the interceptor latch fix). The 1100's are known for the interceptor latch failing which can cause a host of malfunctions. Shawn Carlock of the defensive edge has a $65 fix for this problem. Check out his site at http://www.defensiveedge.net/ Click on prices and scroll to the bottom. You will see his shotgun work pricing.

I shot Rems extensively with some buds when we first got into team challenge. ALL our 1100's failed at some point due to the interceptor latch. As I understand it the IL is hit by the rounds exiting the mag tube. The force of getting stuck over and over eventually causes this part to fail. We sent our guns back to Remington to be fixed. They would work for a while, but again they would fail down the road.

For those that don't know, Shawn is a top 3gunner and known for his Carlock Shuffle reloading technique. Shawn is also an accomplished gunsmith who has figured out how to make the Rems run. In talking with Shawn he told me he put 10K rounds through his Rem 1100 in preparation for a Nat's a few years back with no problems. I'll be shooting one of Shawns Rems this year. Had him build me one from the ground up for Tactical class. Hope this helps.
Nick-

It has been ready for tactical class since last year, wanna race? I just thought that mod sounds good considering the shortcomings in the Remington I've heard of. It has run well so far.

I'm thinking of just shooting tactical with my limited gun because I don't feel like spending the money on making the shotgun tricked out for open or a Benelli.

GTOShootr said:
It has been ready for tactical class since last year, wanna race? I just thought that mod sounds good considering the shortcomings in the Remington I've heard of. It has run well so far.

I'm thinking of just shooting tactical with my limited gun because I don't feel like spending the money on making the shotgun tricked out for open or a Benelli.
I thought you had a dot on the shotgun already. All you need is the speedloader bracket. Or do you need other things too? Porting, etc?

I have a dot, a 10 round tube, and 26" barrel. I just need to mount the dot. Then I need the speed loaders and bracket and a little some practice with those.

I also have a 21" barrel with rifle sights and 8 round tube. Those are on there now and have been most reliable.

Back
Top Bottom