Area 7 3 gun match at Harvard

The match was excellent as noted by the other posters. I heard some of the silly restrictions/requirements imposed by USPSA on such a simple stage as the long range stage. It is much easier to see why the "outlaw" matches are soooo popular, particularly out west where more space is available for rifle.
My match was decent, but have to learn to control my big feet!

The HAAS group deserves a lot of credit on this match. It took a lot of hard work and dedication on their part to pull it off.

The Hopkington Heavy Hitters stepped up and built and ran a great slug stage. A lot of sore shoulders but a lot of big smiles. You guys can take your zombies home now to play [grin]

Dave from Rod and Gun Club of New Bedford with his helpers also had a great rifle stage. great props, good design and a difficulty factor all could appreciate. Many positive comments were heard on the stage.

It takes the cooperation of all the section members to pull off a match like this and help the host club at least a little.

From what I saw, all who gave of their time and energy to design and build these stages should be proud of the final product.

To our Area 7 rep, the NE Section Coordinator, the stats guys/gals and all those that are still working, THANK YOU. I know all appreciate your hard work.

Thanks for a great weekend, I hope to see you all somewhere next year after I learn to shoot.[wink]

Regards,

Gary

Thanks to everyone for the great words. They help heal the cuts, bruises, and sore muscles. From my viewpoint, I have only good memories of the match with the lone exceptions of two shooters "going minor" and one of our stellar ROs going over the handlebars.

Don't worry, we will have a complete article in "Front Sight" as soon as they can publish it. We have good pics of many folks and I'm happy to receive any that you might want to send me. You never know if you're going to be a magazine star, so I hope you skipped that extra doughnut on match-day morning.

One more thing, we have an incredible group of people in this Northeast Section. You all made the match happen; both as competitors and staff. More than 90 competitors plus untold non-competing staff. I am proud and fortunate to be shooting with you all.

This is what I've got. It is mostly of Matt and I, with one thrown in of some guy named Phil. He's pretty good. Watch for his reload through the door.

I don't think either of us are super happy with our shooting. I've got a long list of things to do for next year.

Lawnmower
MadDog
ShotgunArcade
LivingDead
Paul Revere

Some of the other great stages are missing. War Wagon was more running and gunning with the rifle. No Knock had the clearing of the door with the shotgun, which was one of the coolest things I've ever gotten to do in a match.

Last edited:
Nice videos.

Nice! Thanks for hosting/posting them Steve. You looked good on Paul Revere. I had a death-jam when I went prone and spent about >30 seconds trying to clear it. [frown]

Fun stuff and now I know what I need to work on for the next 3-gun.

Michael.

I also wanted to weigh in and say that I was totally impressed with how this match came together. All the work that went into this event really showed. Everything from registration to stages to announcements just flowed smoothly. I had a great time! ROs on every stage were welcoming and ensured the utmost in safety. Stages were challenging and FUN! - I especially enjoyed breaching the door and charging by the cannons.

A sincere thank you to all of you who made this happen and to those who shared some of their equipment with me (Chris, PMD & RGS).

Steve,
I have one suggestion on the videos. Do a pan of the stage prior to shooting. That way folks will have a better idea of what's being shot. This seems to be missing on most match videos.

I know. Those are really lacking. When it came down to just Matt and I as a squad, it was hard to plan the stage, getting ready, and the video it because we were always either in the box or on deck.

I know that, about the 2 person squad. What happened to the guys you started with?
When are you two going to the nationals?

The rest of our squad was having so much fun they went to the wrong stage.

We are going to the Nats October 10th-15th. We're going to miss the match at Manville.

Steve
You planning on the rifle match at Harvard the end of October? I probably won't be picking up anything other than my Pardini till then.

I know that, about the 2 person squad. What happened to the guys you started with?

I think they are still wandering around Harvard [rofl] Ran into them on the long stage. They finally made it there about an hour after Matt and Steve.

Good luck at the Nats guys. Hope to see you somewhere as I am done for the season.

Gary

Gary,
It occured to me that one person on the squad had the order in which to shoot. It obviously wasn't one of them.
Also, take care of the knees, hope our paths will cross again!
Dan

Gary,
It occured to me that one person on the squad had the order in which to shoot. It obviously wasn't one of them.

Dan

Unfortunately it was[crying]

I am working real hard to be in good enough shape to shoot the rifle match end of Oct. I did not get the chance to shoot Rifle or pistol in this one so I need the match for piece of mind.

It was real nice of Al to leave his rifle on the stage. Wish I could have kept it [smile]

See ya,

Gary

Aldo left his rifle???? He had a real fun one down in Ct in June. .22lr conversion on a select fire lower. I didn't want to shoot it......then have to give it back! LOL
I hope you can make that rifle match.

Last edited:
Dan, who do I see about signing up? I've got the bug now.

For the Harvard rifle match? Just show up on October 29th. Bring your rifle and ammo. Make sure the ammo does not have bullets with any steel in them, like the SS109 62 grain stuff. They check with a magnet, after some of their steel got drilled, literally.
For the Ct. multigun match on October 15th, go to www.downzero.com there will be an online registration link.

Back
Top Bottom