Area 7 3 gun match at Harvard

There are still lots of openings for this match. Lot's of shooting with different guns that soo many shooters have kicking around. Why not dust them off and use them?

Dan,
It's amazing, I was just logging on to post the exact same thing. There are a bunch of openings. The stages are posted and look like a lot of fun.

Steve,
You're right on both counts. I volunteered to help RO for Saturday, so, I'll see you there.
What about Matt? I thought he shot the multigun match at Harvard last year, kind of surprised not to see him listed. Not to mention Pete. I do know he has all the toys to play!

Steve,
You're right on both counts. I volunteered to help RO for Saturday, so, I'll see you there.
What about Matt? I thought he shot the multigun match at Harvard last year, kind of surprised not to see him listed. Not to mention Pete. I do know he has all the toys to play!

If they don't have the toys, I am shooting Friday and will have my 1100 and AR there Sat and Sunday. All they need is ammo.

Gary

I hope to see Pete there with his blingbling guns. I'll have to ask Matt. I have recruited him to shoot with me on a sporting clays team for a charity event that week, so maybe you have me to blame if he can't make it to both.

I have gear to loan too. Nothing special but I've put some time into zeroing everything.

Also, those who are thinking of coming to watch, you are going to be kicking yourself for not jumping in. I've seen that happen a few times. This my first match with rifles or shotguns.

Last edited:
Steve,
Tell Matt that there are clays in the match. Two I think. Anyway, there are clays to be shot. That might entice him :)

This is going to be one of the best matches all year! The stages look great.
There a lot of clubs shooting side rifle and shotgun matches. Pioneer in Dunbarton, NH even had a carbine match recently. I am very surprised that there are not at least 100 shooters signed up. Hartford Gun Club has been getting 70 guys for their great multi-gun matches.
If you have all the gear (or can borrow it), this is a match that you don't want to miss...

Gary,
How are the knees doing?

Wrong time to ask Dan, I have been hanging baseboard heat for two days [smile]

They will never get better so I will just live with it. Don't know what stage Dan has me working Sat and Sunday but I asked him to keep the walking down if he could.

Thanks for asking, find me Saturday.

Gary

Eric,
You and your dad will have to shoot H&R Toppers!!!! At Harvard's last shotgun match, I don't think I could have run as fast as you two without shooting!

Wrong time to ask Dan, I have been hanging baseboard heat for two days [smile]

They will never get better so I will just live with it. Don't know what stage Dan has me working Sat and Sunday but I asked him to keep the walking down if he could.

Thanks for asking, find me Saturday.

Gary

Gary,
Ask Dan if you can be the spotter on the Long Range stage. Let me know if you are, I'll bring a spotting scope and tripod for you.

Gary,
Ask Dan if you can be the spotter on the Long Range stage. Let me know if you are, I'll bring a spotting scope and tripod for you.

Dan,

Nice thought but a level three match needs NROI personel on all ranges so I didn't want to limit him. I'll be all set I am sure but will bring Binoculars just in case.

Gary

Steve,

I'm in!!! I do know that I'll be switching my rifle and shotgun over to open next year. Then I will spend a lot more time actually using the long guns... LOL I even have all my mag pouches and everything so I'm ready to go... I'll be shooting Friday and helping out both Sat. and Sunday.

Pete

On another note if anyone needs a long gun to borrow I can loan mine out because I'm shooting on Friday. Let me know if you need or want to borrow my JP rifle or my Benelli M1.

Dan,

Should I bring these guns even if noone asks to borrow them in case someone needs to borrow one or both?

Pete

Should I bring these guns even if noone asks to borrow them in case someone needs to borrow one or both?

It's always a help to have a few extras around because the long guns have a way of getting arthritis during a match and they end up spitting out parts. (I guess they just don't get enough exercise.)

Gary,

I think Gary would be perfect for the long range stage. Not only does it suit his physical attributes, but I think Gary's personality would be perfect for dealing with the unhappy shooters who have just shot a bad stage. Kinda like bringing a heart attack victim to the undertaker for CPR.

I think Gary would be perfect for the long range stage. Not only does it suit his physical attributes, but I think Gary's personality would be perfect for dealing with the unhappy shooters who have just shot a bad stage. Kinda like bringing a heart attack victim to the undertaker for CPR.

Any of them have a heart attack they get mouth to ear
1044200322.gif

Three words.

Gary,
I'll still bring the scope and tripod, it'll give you an option rather than having the binoculars bouncing around. Also, are those 3 words the same as the ones for getting snake bit, while relieving one's self???
Dan,
I take it my service will still be welcome on Saturday? What time should I be there??
I'll have a spare shotgun there too.

Gary,

Dan,
I take it my service will still be welcome on Saturday? What time should I be there??
I'll have a spare shotgun there too.

Yes indeed. Your services are welcome and necessary. If you can arrive by roughly 8:30, that should give us time to familiarize you with your stage before folks start making noise at 9:30. THANKS AGAIN!

Yes indeed. Your services are welcome and necessary. If you can arrive by roughly 8:30, that should give us time to familiarize you with your stage before folks start making noise at 9:30. THANKS AGAIN!

Wow, that late? :) Being a punctuality fanatic, I'll probably be there earlier, so I can check out all the stages. To be familiar with anyplace I'm required.

Steve,
Tell Matt that there are clays in the match. Two I think. Anyway, there are clays to be shot. That might entice him :)

I'll be there, with my pump shotgun, shooting open.
i was just slow in getting my entry fee in.
Cuz I'm too busy shooting or reloading, or working all the time.
Oh- and I'm gonna register my displeasure with the long range stage.
4 shots at 200 yards, 4 shots at 300 yards, and it's not comstock?
Come on!
Let's lay down some rounds at that.

Matt,
Is that the pump with the box mag? I seem to remember seeing one there at Harvard last season. As for the long distance stage.....it's a standard exercise....fixed time, fixed rounds. I was talking with Mark Mazzotta about it the other day. We felt scores will likely be lot's of 50's and lot's of zeros. It's the same for everyone....kinda.
Glad to see you making it.

There are three rifle stages - the others have 29 and 39 rounds (the sniper stage has 10 rounds).

The sniper stage is 12.8% of the rifle portion of the match, and 4.5% of the entire match points. It's a nice extra in terms of a skills test, but a competitor who zeroes the stage will not be completely destroyed in the standings. It will probably make a difference if you are fighting fo rhigh overall in your division.

We've shot 200/300 meter rifle stages in NY where roughly 30% of the competitors zeroed. They went away with bad memories of the stage.

We went to fixed-time (such as we did at last year's rifle match) so that misses don't count for penalty. With fixed-time, most everybody will come away with at least some points on the stage. Unfortunately, when you go fixed-time and must strictly follow USPSA rules, you get into round count limitations and other restrictions.

Now, if we were shooting the SharkBike 3-Gun Championship, I'd have you go to the line with one 30 round mag for the 200 yard targets and one 30 round mag for the 300 yard targets and whoever rings the most bells wins. ... But, I don't think many competitors would show up to become the champion of the SharkBike 500.

Dan,
Try and get a chance to Mark M at the match. He'll have opinions for what can be a challenging match, and make use of the ranges you have. He's been playing these games a long time....

Now, if we were shooting the SharkBike 3-Gun Championship, I'd have you go to the line with one 30 round mag for the 200 yard targets and one 30 round mag for the 300 yard targets and whoever rings the most bells wins. ... But, I don't think many competitors would show up to become the champion of the SharkBike 500.

I'd go...when's the match [smile]

Back
Top Bottom