Area 7 2016

The Hampden Rifle and Pistol Club and Maine Practical Shooters will be hosting the 2016 Area 7 Championship at Capitol City Rifle & Pistol Club in Augusta. Match dates are July 9 and 10.

I'll update as we have more information here and at www.mainepracticalshooters.com

Lee

Wow, you folks are amazing . This years match was one of the best I've been to. Thanks for giving the championship a home and all your hard work .

I want to publicly thank all of the folks involved in hosting and working the 2016 Area 7 Championship in Augusta. The match was outstanding even though I thought the Crono was measuring a little slow.

Special thanks go out to the sponsors, without whom the match would not have been possible:
Atlas Gunworks
Glock
Rudy Project
Comp-Tac
TechWear USA
Montana Gold Bullet
Chris Tilley
Springfield Armory
FNH USA
Houge Inc
Brazos Custom Gunworks
Ibejiheads Coated Bullets
C-More Systems
SigSauer
Safariland
Dry Fire Mag
Competitive Edge Dynamics

Individual thanks go out to the following folks who played pivotal roles in making this match happen:
Lee Cabana
Dan Wiswell
David Bold
Paige Buckley
Steve Piche
John Catterall
Skip Sprauge
Nancie Cabana
Marcia Clift
Jim Child
Chris Thomas

Lastly, to all of the range staff and volunteers who make this all possible.

Thank You very much, your work does not go unnoticed and is very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Exceptionally well run - my squad never had to wait for more than 2 shooters in the previous squad finishing up. The luck was decent and their system for feeding that number of people smoothly and efficiently was perfect. They set a tough standard for the next A7 host club to meet.

Great match! Very well run and tons of fun. Thank you again all for putting it on and running it so well!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks, That's it. Man, there were a lot of DQs. Seems high considering the number of shooters.

There were a lot, and there are a lot of people who came closer than they probably realize to joining the ranks of the unfortunate. Some still don't realize it even after I explained it to them [frown]

I guess I almost dqed.
I was warned by another shooter, it's dqable if I take my belt off with gun in holster, but no mags, at the safe table?
but if I took gun out of holster, then I'm ok?
is that correct?

I guess I almost dqed.
I was warned by another shooter, it's dqable if I take my belt off with gun in holster, but no mags, at the safe table?
but if I took gun out of holster, then I'm ok?
is that correct?

5.2.1 Carry and Storage – Except when within the boundaries of a safety area, or when under the supervision and direct command of a Range Officer, competitors must carry their handguns unloaded in a gun case, gun bag or in a holster securely attached to a belt on their person (see Rule 10.5.1). A competitor who, while not at a safety area or under RO supervision, removes their holster or their equipment belt with their handgun still in the holster, shall be considered to be in violation of Rule 5.2.1 and subject to disqualification from the match

A holstered gun is not considered holstered if the holster is not attached to a belt on your person. In other words, outside of a safety area, a holstered gun (not on person) is not the same as a cased gun. Maybe thats what they were getting at?

so it sounds like I'm ok taking the belt off, as long as I'm at the safe table, whether my gun is in the holster or not

Once again, one of the finest Area 7 matches I have been at.

If I shot the match as well as it was run, I'd be at least "M".

so it sounds like I'm ok taking the belt off, as long as I'm at the safe table, whether my gun is in the holster or not

I think the idea is to have control of your gun. Taking the belt off with a pistol still in the holster can result in the muzzle pointing in the wrong direction.

Back
Top Bottom