• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are You Range-less?

Infinite Jester

Navy Veteran
Just like the title says. Are you range-less and want to go shooting today? I've been lucky enough to be the guest of several members here while I was in between range memberships and am looking to return the favor. I'll be spending the day at Chester R&G in Chester,NH (about 20 min. east of Manchester) and if you're itching to shoot, but aren't currently a member anywhere, you could join me.

We have an outdoor out to 150yds, an outdoor pistol, and a steel plate pistol range for 9mm/.45 and .22lr handguns only.

The wife's my usual companion, but she's working a double today. Most of my friends are all in MA, and rarely make the trip up here to shoot, so I'm flying solo, and much like drinking, shootings not as fun alone. [smile]

Last edited:
Gah that sounds like a good time. I got so much to do to get my bikes ready. I really need to put some time aside to go get my new rifle and do some prep work for shooting.

Gah that sounds like a good time. I got so much to do to get my bikes ready. I really need to put some time aside to go get my new rifle and do some prep work for shooting.

There seems to be a real surge these last few months with new members here, and with so many ranges being waitlisted at the moment, I understand how frustrating it must be for some of the newer folks just getting into shooting having limited places to get some trigger time in.

It's great to see new members coming into the fold. If you don't have a range, I think there's a Groupon for Mass Firearms School where you get a 4 month membership for $40. It may or may not be near you , but it's a nice place to shoot.

It's great to see new members coming into the fold. If you don't have a range, I think there's a Groupon for Mass Firearms School where you get a 4 month membership for $40. It may or may not be near you , but it's a nice place to shoot.

Even an hour out, it's worth the drive.

I'm just looking for a place now to shoot rifle. I made an impulse buy on an AR lower and well, the bug has struck.

Even an hour out, it's worth the drive.

I'm just looking for a place now to shoot rifle. I made an impulse buy on an AR lower and well, the bug has struck.

Ain't no common' back from that one, Joe. Once the group buys get going, you'll be buying lowers for builds you haven't imagined yet.

It's very nice of you to make this offer. I'd join you but the family has other plans for me today. Have fun!

It's very nice of you to make this offer. I'd join you but the family has other plans for me today. Have fun!

Thanks!! I picked up my new Glock 19 2 weeks ago, and haven't put a single round through it. Been so busy putting all the pieces together for this move up north in 2 weeks, there's been no time. Sunny day out there, and moderate temps will make for a nice range day.

Well, no one took me up on the offer. [sad]
Still had a great morning out there. Surprisingly the range was super quiet for a beautiful Saturday morning. Put 200rds. thru the new Glock, just trying to get a feel for how it handles. Put another 50 thru at the steel plate rack. Damn thing handles nice. It feels like a natural in my hand. [smile]

Just like the title says. Are you range-less and want to go shooting today? I've been lucky enough to be the guest of several members here while I was in between range memberships and am looking to return the favor. I'll be spending the day at Chester R&G in Chester,NH (about 20 min. east of Manchester) and if you're itching to shoot, but aren't currently a member anywhere, you could join me.

We have an outdoor out to 150yds, an outdoor pistol, and a steel plate pistol range for 9mm/.45 and .22lr handguns only.

The wife's my usual companion, but she's working a double today. Most of my friends are all in MA, and rarely make the trip up here to shoot, so I'm flying solo, and much like drinking, shootings not as fun alone. [smile]

Who says drinking alone isn't fun

Back
Top Bottom