Are you "Essential" and why?

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
So are you one of the Essential? The list seems long but how does this fit with us here on NES.
Why are you essential, and in what state?

I work in IT and we have a lot of Gov, and LE clients, in the free state of New Hampshire

NickLeduc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Im a machinist at a company that manufactures steel mills. A huge portion of our business is China/India. But a smallllllllll fraction of our business is US Steel Mills. That tiny fraction was my works justification to staying open. In case our customer's mills break, we can have replacement parts ASAP. We usually see an emergency breakdown every other year.

Junior314

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I am considered essential. I work for a major pharmacy retail chain.

That being said I haven’t step foot at work in weeks as I work in downtown locations and I have yet been provided any sort of PPE.

So I’ve been working from home for the past 3+ weeks.

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Yep. DoD "Research Security". I'm 75% in office - 25% home right now, but that will probably change. My office is in MA, my alternate location is in NH. I'm keeping close track of my at home time for next year's tax file.....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The word we got yesterday is we're going back to work next week. Next week is when it's supposed to get ugly down here. So, I guess my idea that we were the back up just went out the window. I've worked through hurricanes, floods, all kinds of crazy. I've never seen the disruption on every level that this is involving.

So I guess I'm gong back to essential essential.

No reason to the orders, just orders for orders sake.

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
The word we got yesterday is we're going back to work next week. Next week is when it's supposed to get ugly down here. So, I guess my idea that we were the back up just went out the window. I've worked through hurricanes, floods, all kinds of crazy. I've never seen the disruption on every level that this is involving.

So I guess I'm gong back to essential essential.

No reason to the orders, just orders for orders sake.
My sis lives down on Toledo Bend. She says it was like the 4th of July on the lake last weekend. My folks live next door to her and are high risk.

Artie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I am a Biomedical Equipment Tech (BMET). We keep the medical equipment in hospitals humming. We do a lot of IT nowadays too. A lot of us are general equip but most have a speciality like radiology or lab. My specialty is anesthesia and respiratory.

84ta406

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
My work says we're essential because we make stuff for the food industry. Mainly Pitco and Frymaster fryer lighters. We have a couple other B.S. postings on the wall of shame. IMG_20200324_134549.jpgIMG_20200324_134542.jpgIMG_20200324_134537.jpg

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Essential. Industrial materials for metalworking. We stop, there's a long list of critical items that can't be manufactured or maintained- medical, defense, transportation, infrastructure, aerospace, many others. I'm able to work from home but I do feel for the folks who can't. Actually I'd prefer to be in the office- I actually like the people I work with.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was given the "essential" letter because of the industry (defense). I can do a lot of my work from home, and have been since the stay at home order. I went in to the office today to help and it wasn't terrible.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The stuff I sell makes your lives possible, including NES. And we are doing a ton to help keep medical professionals safe (that is as much as I can say without telling you who I work for).

So, I consider myself essential.

And my mom says I'm special, so I am essential and special

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Essential. Industrial materials for metalworking. We stop, there's a long list of critical items that can't be manufactured or maintained- medical, defense, transportation, infrastructure, aerospace, many others. I'm able to work from home but I do feel for the folks who can't. Actually I'd prefer to be in the office- I actually like the people I work with.
So you're the guy who makes all the borax I use while blacksmithing. Thanks dude!! [thumbsup] [wink]

RubiconLJ

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work for a company that makes medical imaging equipment as a field service engineer. I may have to go anywhere in the US or Canada if the local one can't fix it.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm considered essential due to our work supporting the supply chain. However, I would more place that on my service team that is still out working every day while I'm sitting home doing what I can.

Buck Faker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I own an insurance agency, apparently we’re essential because people need to put claims in, make policy changes, payments, register vehicles (even though most of the RMVs are shut down) etc. Thankfully we can do it all without opening the door to the public or even going to the office really. One of us (usually me) is in the office during business hours but that’s more to get out of the house than anything, check the mail, stuff like that. We could easily operate remotely for the foreseeable future.

Top Bottom