Are you being watched? Of course you are but to what extent?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
But don't worry. It's all to keep us safe.

There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So the lesson is when committing a crime, leave your cell phone at home, put on a hat, sunglasses and a fake beard, and switch license plates with ones that can't be traced. billions of dollars of tech defeated.

Im still amazed boston bomber junior was stupid enough to have his hat on backwards to get a nice clear shot of his face, there were camera's frigging everywhere.

Artifact

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
So the lesson is when committing a crime, leave your cell phone at home, put on a hat, sunglasses and a fake beard, and switch license plates with ones that can't be traced. billions of dollars of tech defeated.

Im still amazed boston bomber junior was stupid enough to have his hat on backwards to get a nice clear shot of his face, there were camera's frigging everywhere.
If criminals were smart they wouldn't be criminals

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most or all of this modern day surveillance is opt-in. For instance, people choose to have gmail email accounts, carry mobile phones, etc. It is infinitely more complex as the CIA and others have discovered in the middle east to penetrate sneaker nets, that is, people living off the grid, paying with cash, sending messages via notes or encrypted usb sticks. For a more detailed version of what I am saying there is Moxie Marlinspike's video on the evolving choices in privacy:

Defcon 18 Changing threats to privacy Moxie Marlinspike Part - YouTube

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
You know it's there use it to your advantage.

1- turn on phone
2- activate GPS
3- rob bank
4- tape phone to back bumper of 18 wheeler
5- go in opposite direction
6- send trucker 5K for the inconvenience you caused him [grin]

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Funny, here's an article in today's T&G:

Video surveillance lacking at some malls

Most of it seems to be driven by police, who are not getting the paid details they once were. Also note, the town of Auburn is in the middle of spending (rigged bid, spread out over different departments and across fiscal years) over $200,000 on video surveillance around town, including schools; all of it only available to police. My take is it should be on webcams for all to see, in the name of FOIA, "sunshine clause", public information, and all that.

Last edited:

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think it is horse shit. With the number of phone calls and text messages and data that travels to peoples phones, it would take massive storage to store and keep it all sorted out. The phone companies don't record this stuff, how would the government compile it. It is true that if they need to they can tap anything they need to.
It doesn't all have to be stored. Just the interesting traffic.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

01bmf

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That Marlinspike guy is really difficult to listen to. Every time he sucks his teeth, I want to knock them out.

most or all of this modern day surveillance is opt-in. For instance, people choose to have gmail email accounts, carry mobile phones, etc. It is infinitely more complex as the CIA and others have discovered in the middle east to penetrate sneaker nets, that is, people living off the grid, paying with cash, sending messages via notes or encrypted usb sticks. For a more detailed version of what I am saying there is Moxie Marlinspike's video on the evolving choices in privacy:

Defcon 18 Changing threats to privacy Moxie Marlinspike Part - YouTube

Top Bottom