• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are you a Karen or a Dickhead?

You are a doormat whose only argument is ad hominem. I'm sure when Comcrap raises your bill you just lay down and take it instead of calling them to negotiate it (you know, like a man).

Let's see.....Whining about a private company's policy, Warning/Threatening them about losing your business, Filing reports with the DOR? You are right, you aren't a Karen. You are a dickhead. I wouldn't do business with you either. Instead of continuing this string of ad hominem attacks, I will leave it at that, and be done with you whiner.

Whining about a private company's policy

They're breaking the law. In a way that harms consumers. So their "policy" doesn't mean jack.

Warning/Threatening them about losing your business

If you were running a business and violating a business law (perhaps unknowingly as I suspect the site in question is), wouldn't you want someone to warn you? I was trying to tell them that they're breaking the law and someone with too much time on their hands may end up doing something about it.

Filing reports with the DOR?

Perhaps that was a little Karen-ish but to be clear I never told them that, that was just a thought in my head. I'm not a snitch, especially on businesses that are run by the little guy.

I wouldn't do business with you either.

Okay bro, what is your threshold for being overcharged or otherwise mistreated by a business where you would raise it as an issue? You seem to think that I, the consumer, am in the wrong, simply for asking the business why they are overcharging me (which they are).

I needed some stuff at Harbor Freight, didn't even remember it was tax free, but pleasantly surprised. Spent about $400. Of course went in only looking for stuff that would have been about $100 :)

If I was a math a**hole I would point out it’s 15.4% and not 16, but I’m not, so I won’t :p
I think 15.3% and not 15.4% should we quibble

Price is X
Price with sales tax is 1.0625X
Price w/o sales tax and with 10% discount is 0.9X
So discount relative to what it normally costs is .9/1.0625 = .847
1-.847 = .153 or 15.3%

But you are right that 16% or 16.25% are not in fact numbers in play here

I got caught in the Macy’s pricing/sale bs myself not too long ago. They had some big name luggage for like 65% off allegedly and I got roped right into it. Idiot.

I thought I was saving several hundred dollars at the time. Clearly I’m not a good shopper. Got home and had to look up the make and style to get info on changing the combination locks on it. Only to find it on the manufacturers website for like 50.00 more than what I paid. Macy’s really messed with my vibe that day. Lesson learned.

That's the problem with a LOT of people, they shop instead of buy.

Shopping implies you are just looking for something to jump out at you and scream "buy me". Guys are famous for doing this at gun shows and gun stores, that's why 4Seasons is so popular, they sell things to you that you didn't know you wanted because, well, you went shopping for a gun..

Never go shopping, go buying.

That's the problem with a LOT of people, they shop instead of buy.

Shopping implies you are just looking for something to jump out at you and scream "buy me". Guys are famous for doing this at gun shows and gun stores, that's why 4Seasons is so popular, they sell things to you that you didn't know you wanted because, well, you went shopping for a gun..

Never go shopping, go buying.
I can agree with 99% of that, except the problem with most people is that they’re still breathing.

Back
Top Bottom