• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are you a Karen or a Dickhead?

funny you say that. I feel as though their selection on good bourbon and tequila is better. I usually don’t go in with a single thing in mind however

I strike out at TW on magnums of woodford literally maybe 2/3rds of the time I go there. Its at the point where I don't even bother looking for it
when I'm there. Their Liter price was the best deal, you basically could get 2 liters for like 63 bucks which is the typical MA small liquor store price for a 1.75 .
I buy my port at TW though, their prices are killer on that stuff.

I strike out at TW on magnums of woodford literally maybe 2/3rds of the time I go there. Its at the point where I don't even bother looking for it
when I'm there. Their Liter price was the best deal, you basically could get 2 liters for like 63 bucks which is the typical MA small liquor store price for a 1.75 .
I buy my port at TW though, their prices are killer on that stuff.
You know you can place orders online, right? Order when you notice you're getting low, swing by a day or two later, profit.

Last edited:
It is also tax free for firearms.

Out of all the garbage threads in General, I think you didn't pick a great one to complain about.
The most offensive one is the “I got called out for not wearing a mask thread” in the general forum. I may start a campaign of shitposting in threads in the wrong forum. It’s marginally annoying to me to come here to get firearm content and you get Facebook level shit. I have the two big offenders on block, I go to off topic, mark it all read then go to new messages.

The most offensive one is the “I got called out for not wearing a mask thread” in the general forum. I may start a campaign of shitposting in threads in the wrong forum. It’s marginally annoying to me to come here to get firearm content and you get Facebook level shit. I have the two big offenders on block, I go to off topic, mark it all read then go to new messages.
Join the sh*t posting party.

I noticed various online vendors including Amazon and EBay aren’t charging tax this weekend. I don’t recall that ever being the case in the past.

Last edited:
I noticed various online vendors including Amazon and EBay aren’t charging tax this weekend. I don’t recall that ever being the case in the past.
Even for one weekend the Bezos machine doesn’t want to give any advantage to the little guys

All vendors brick and mortar in mass and online vendors take part in the tax free weekend. You may not have noticed it much years sgo because back then online vendors did not collect the mass sales tax.

All vendors brick and mortar in mass and online vendors take part in the tax free weekend. You may not have noticed it much years sgo because back then online vendors did not collect the mass sales tax.
I actually had a dispute with a smaller online vendor this morning about honoring the MA tax holiday. I was about to purchase an item and noticed they were still going to charge the tax. I opened a support ticket with a link to the mass.gov page saying that all businesses selling tangible property to MA residents must not charge tax or refund the amount of tax charged.

The site in question is like eBay where people are using the site as a marketplace to sell each other items. The site acts as a listing and escrow hub (just like eBay). Yet eBay will clearly not charge sales tax this weekend for items being shipped to MA.

The response I got from the seller was "we don't participate in sales tax holidays" and "we aren't a retailer." I went on to inform them that they are inviting legal action by not honoring the MA sales tax holiday, and they responded by disabling my ability to purchase.

I'm kind of miffed because on one hand, this isn't a big megacorp website but one started by electronic enthusiasts, but on the other hand, MA is far from the only state that does this sort of thing and their rude response kind of makes me want to report them to DOR come Monday.

I actually had a dispute with a smaller online vendor this morning about honoring the MA tax holiday. I was about to purchase an item and noticed they were still going to charge the tax. I opened a support ticket with a link to the mass.gov page saying that all businesses selling tangible property to MA residents must not charge tax or refund the amount of tax charged.

The site in question is like eBay where people are using the site as a marketplace to sell each other items. The site acts as a listing and escrow hub (just like eBay). Yet eBay will clearly not charge sales tax this weekend for items being shipped to MA.

The response I got from the seller was "we don't participate in sales tax holidays" and "we aren't a retailer." I went on to inform them that they are inviting legal action by not honoring the MA sales tax holiday, and they responded by disabling my ability to purchase.

I'm kind of miffed because on one hand, this isn't a big megacorp website but one started by electronic enthusiasts, but on the other hand, MA is far from the only state that does this sort of thing and their rude response kind of makes me want to report them to DOR come Monday.
If they are not a retailer, they shouldn't be collecting sales tax anyway. Probably never report it and don't send it to the states, just pocked the extra.

Ok Karen. I'd have disabled your account, too. You "reporting them to DOR" is literally the funniest thing I've heard all day. So, good luck with that. Lololololololololol.

This is the tax free weekend I have been waiting for !

The past 5 months or so I have been wanting to buy a few pairs of jeans, t-shirts, underwear and some Nike's, etc, just a bunch of clothes.. It is a decent amount of money, like $400 or so that I want. Rather than buying them when I needed, I decided to hold off until this weekend, the weekend all us suckers buy shit because of no tax ! So I went to Wrentham outlets and spent about $600 in clothes, tax free ! Then, to "stick it to the state" even more, I went to Market Basket in Franklin and spent another $400 or so just in food !

Screw you MA, this is the weekend where we get to stick it back to you !

This is the tax free weekend I have been waiting for !

The past 5 months or so I have been wanting to buy a few pairs of jeans, t-shirts, underwear and some Nike's, etc, just a bunch of clothes.. It is a decent amount of money, like $400 or so that I want. Rather than buying them when I needed, I decided to hold off until this weekend, the weekend all us suckers buy shit because of no tax ! So I went to Wrentham outlets and spent about $600 in clothes, tax free ! Then, to "stick it to the state" even more, I went to Market Basket in Franklin and spent another $400 or so just in food !

Screw you MA, this is the weekend where we get to stick it back to you !
Whelp, you almost got me. Nice trolling.

During tax free weekend in MA, do they also suspend all gas taxes as well? Or is that technically not considered a "sales tax"? :)

Frank

During tax free weekend in MA, do they also suspend all gas taxes as well? Or is that technically not considered a "sales tax"? :)

Frank
Gas is not under the sales tax. Think of it like booze or tobacco the taxes are either built into the price or collected before you even buy the thing....

I bought a new motorcycle a week ago last Friday. The dealer offered 10% off on accessories. I wanted a few expensive items like a new helmet, upgraded seat, etc. I asked them if they’d extend the offer to this weekend and they said yes so with a 16% discount it was a big win. Usually I don’t buy anything on tax free weekend but this was too good to pass up.

Not across everything though, likely mostly on the loss leaders they have. If you're buying a TW loss leader, they beat everyone.

Also TW becomes basically useless when you show up and your favorite discounted thing is not on the shelf. I have lost track of the # of times I've gone there and there's
no Woodford Reserve on the shelf. Or they only have something stupid like 750s there. Liters, Magnums, or nothing kehd.

my issue with Total Wine is that its just too big and the choices are overwhelming, I am lucky in that there a few good local places with a nice manageable selection and lower prices. Also MA TW doesn't have the rewards program that the other do which gives you access to points and other rare/hard to get items to buy

my issue with Total Wine is that its just too big and the choices are overwhelming, I am lucky in that there a few good local places with a nice manageable selection and lower prices. Also MA TW doesn't have the rewards program that the other do which gives you access to points and other rare/hard to get items to buy

“I hate this store, there’s too many products in it”

That’s a new one.

I bought a new motorcycle a week ago last Friday. The dealer offered 10% off on accessories. I wanted a few expensive items like a new helmet, upgraded seat, etc. I asked them if they’d extend the offer to this weekend and they said yes so with a 16% discount it was a big win. Usually I don’t buy anything on tax free weekend but this was too good to pass up.
If I was a math a**hole I would point out it’s 15.4% and not 16, but I’m not, so I won’t :p

“I hate this store, there’s too many products in it”

That’s a new one.
Was going to post this.

I wish the "too many products" was a common issue everywhere, I would never need to buy online.

Can you imagine ... "OMG, this gun store has too many guns" ... "this store has too many computers" ...

Last edited:
If I was a math a**hole I would point out it’s 15.4% and not 16, but I’m not, so I won’t :p
I guess I don’t get your math. I rounded to 16% but really it’s 16.25% (10% discount + I’m not paying the 6.25% sales tax).

Back
Top Bottom