• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are you a carrier ?

How often to you carry?

• Never, can't because of license restriction or other laws

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

• Most of the time

• My business - you don't need to know

• Total voters
DR said:
Aw, phooey. So much for my attempt at sleuthing. I hope the joke will be revealed in due course, then, for those of us in the dark.

If you are looking for more light, just ask! Some of here can accomodate you! [lol]

Cledus J. Crabb said:
There's a standing order for us in the FD that any type of firearm, ammunition or component thereof is not allowed in any FD building.
It stinks big time.
Also the oil teminal where I load sometimes forbids carrying a firearm anywhere on terminal property. As far as I know, they don't offer a facility for any visitors carrying to check thier sidearms.

I don't know of anyplace in MA that has facilities for someone to check their private sidearm.

ONLY exceptions that I am aware of are SOME courthouses, jails and PDs and then ONLY for LE! So, even if they have them they won't extend you the courtesy of allowing you to use them. There is no MA law that requires them to do so, so they don't/won't.

Even in AZ, where it IS in the AZ Law . . . CD Tavares had to make a big stink to force the Phoenix Public Library to install lockers for firearms. AZ Law prohibits carrying a gun into ANY PUBLIC building! (which is actually worse than MGLs on where one can carry)

Cross-X said:
It wouldn't be the first time. Does this mean that the gentleman in question doesn't work across the street from Northborough's littlest gun shop?

Yup.

(I never did understand double negatives)

I think that you are right! There was no double negative in his quote![/quote]

I carry the vast majority of the time, unless it's a situation where I can't, and most of you already know the reason why from my history.

And yes, Typeo - if I can't carry I feel COMPLETELY naked. Granted I have the mace, but it doesn't have the same comforting feel that the weight of the gun gives me.

I would prefer to carry all of the time, but I am prohibited from carrying at work per union contract (the contract does not specifically ban anyone from carrying, it states that one can only carry if it is part of one's duties or conditions of employment and I do not meet those criteria) however, in one sense it is moot because I am surrounded by armed personnel inside the third floor of a fairly secure building.

I generally carry when traveling in MA, NH and VT ( I can legally carry in all three states) and when I know that I am not going to be in a post office or a school or school grounds or where I know that I am not going to consume alcohol.

I also try to avoid situations that will put me in harm's way, for example I avoid convenience stores late at night, and public parks after dark. Granted, an encounter requiring the use of a firearm can happen anytime or any place, but I also think that a degree of common sense coupled with situational awareness carry some weight in evaluating the probability of an armed encounter, and that does influence when and where I carry as well.

Regards,

Mark

Uncle Fester said:
C-pher said:
Uncle Fester said:
And here I thought I was the only person up this late. :eek:

Damn you SOCOM 3! [lol]

That's a good game. We had a clan for SOCOM II, and I beta tested SOCOM III. I liked it.

Did you pick it up when it got released?

No, not yet. But I still think that I can play the online version of the Bata Test Disk... At least I think. I haven't had a chance to play either my PS2 or xBox in a long time.

LenS said:
I don't know of anyplace in MA that has facilities for someone to check their private sidearm.

ONLY exceptions that I am aware of are SOME courthouses, jails and PDs and then ONLY for LE! So, even if they have them they won't extend you the courtesy of allowing you to use them. There is no MA law that requires them to do so, so they don't/won't.

Even in AZ, where it IS in the AZ Law . . . CD Tavares had to make a big stink to force the Phoenix Public Library to install lockers for firearms. AZ Law prohibits carrying a gun into ANY PUBLIC building! (which is actually worse than MGLs on where one can carry)

I don't check my firearm at any Courthouse as they'd like us to do. I flash my badge and walk around the metal detector and don't show them that I'm carrying.

Our dispatchers used to carry at work but a few years back, the boyz upstairs decided to disarm them, no longer allowed.

I'm in the process of hopefully being able to start carrying most of the time. Because I wear scrubs and rassle doggies for a living I could never pack at work, but any other time I'd be happy. I just spoke with the local PD of the town I moved to and it seems that they will help me to get the S&T off my license. They laughed when I told them that Somerville won't issue ALP. Which was the response I was looking for.

I'll keep ya posted.

Moderator said:
I feel naked when I leave without my gun. Anyone else feel that way?

+1

BTW, Arizona isn't unique in their numerous restrictions on where one can carry legally. Most of the new "shall issue" states have fairly long lists of restrictions. The ones that have had restrictive licensing systems in place for a long time tend not to restrict their licensees nearly as much, since the original purpose of the system was simply to prevent "those people" from having guns.

Ken

LenS said:

The let me check my carry gun at the State House the last time I was there. Of course, when I used to work across the street they never had any checkpoints or restrictions there.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom