Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

• Most of the time

• My business - you don't need to know

• Total voters
I carry because I can. But not all the often. Don't know why...I think just because there's a lot of responsibility that comes with it. And being that I feel that there should be some training associtated with it, I haven't had any. I'm waiting for when I can take a couple of classes.

So I do carry, but not as often as some people. And because I'm not a small guy. So finding a way that doesn't leave an imprint is hard. I do carry more in the Winter when I'm wearing a sweater than I do in the summer.

"My business - you don't need to know."

At least until we get to know each other better. :D

Better to have than have not.

Now being a Marine, I AM a weapon [twisted] , but it is nice to have the ability to to reach out further than my arm and knife can reach to defend myself or another from deadly force.

(I also carry for work)

FPrice said:
"My business - you don't need to know."

At least until we get to know each other better. :D

That's why I posted that you can vote without comment if you want.

I hope we can get to know each other better even if we are in opposite parts of the state. I've been to Western MA and it's real nice out there.

Pilgrim,

That's why I posted that you can vote without comment if you want.

Actually, my answer was not directed at you personally, but at the world in general. Only those people I know and trust are privy to whether or not I carry. Since you are a member of NES, you would probably fall in this group.

For 25 years I had to think way ahead before I carried. With 4 kids in school there was almost never a day when I wasn't on school grounds for sports or late pickups.
Now that my kids are out, I carry mainly at work. I've arrived early at a jobsite several times to find people helping themselves to construction materials. I have no intention of shooting someone over a 2X4. But 911 isn't going to be much help if some hopheads turn on me.
I also carry when I'm in the woods as there are some rabid coyotes (not all four-legged) where I live.

I put never, but I've had my license for a while now. I don't really ever feel the need to, and the responsibillity that goes with it kind of freaks me out. I also don't have any holsters, and keep blowing my shooting budget on ammo instead. I've been thinking of picking up a kel-tec 380 or 9mm for pocket carry, but have been dragging my feet. It's also kind of tough for me since I live in NH, and work in MA. I would get a non-res MA permit, but I'm going to be moving to RI pretty soon, and I don't want to be throwing the $100 out the window.

sdavid said:
All the time. Hell, I even open carry at the office sometimes.

Rubbing it in, I see! [wink]

You should tell people where you work. I'd probably open carry there as well. Especially given the sort of folks you work with!
floor.gif

sdavid said:

.... your probably a

a] FBI
b] Sheriff
c] CIA
d] Police
e] SWAT
f] Firefighter
g] Soldier

mmmm... a close friend of George B.? [wink]

I carry every time I leave the house unless I'm going to work (against company policy),
going out for drinks with friends or going somewhere it's not legal. Otherwise, I'm cocked and locked.
J

LenS said:
hiram_Abiff said:
sdavid said:

.... your probably a

a] FBI
b] Sheriff
c] CIA
d] Police
e] SWAT
f] Firefighter
g] Soldier

Bzzt, not even close! [lol]

Oh, Oh, Oh, I know this one. And for what he does he should be packing every day.

hiram_Abiff said:
sdavid said:

.... your probably a

a] FBI
b] Sheriff
c] CIA
d] Police
e] SWAT
f] Firefighter
g] Soldier

Great and wonderful guesses.

All of them are dead flat wrong.

Trust me. I know.

I would Love to say "I carry only when I feel the need" Since I know there's a LOT of responcibility in carrying. Also I woldn't carry to a place where I'd be drinking.

Of course I live in Bellmont, so I'm "Not to be trusted" with firearms.

I really think I should fight it, since there are times when I'd definetly want to carry.

-Weer'd Beard

Moderator said:
LenS said:
hiram_Abiff said:
sdavid said:

.... your probably a

a] FBI
b] Sheriff
c] CIA
d] Police

e] SWAT
f] Firefighter
g] Soldier

Oh, Oh, Oh, I know this one. And for what he does he should be packing every day.

Uh oh. Is there something I should know about his co-workers? Jon seems like a pretty stable guy. It must be one of those itinerant instructors that has him worried. [wink]

DR said:
Moderator said:
LenS said:
hiram_Abiff said:
sdavid said:

.... your probably a

a] FBI
b] Sheriff
c] CIA
d] Police

e] SWAT
f] Firefighter
g] Soldier

Uh oh. Is there something I should know about his co-workers? Jon seems like a pretty stable guy. It must be one of those itinerant instructors that has him worried. [wink]

One of us, DR, is really confused.

Moderator said:
LenS said:
hiram_Abiff said:
sdavid said:

.... your probably a

a] FBI
b] Sheriff
c] CIA
d] Police
e] SWAT
f] Firefighter
g] Soldier

Ok Horshack. :D :D

I know as well....but I'll also keep it quiet.

Up your nose with a rubber hose....

Anyway:

Pilgrim said:
I don't think I'd be completely certain I'd know exactly when I'd need it. Would you?

You don't buy life insurance the same day you think you might need it.

I have to agree. That's kind of what Len says, if he knew that he was going to need it where he was going, he wouldn't be going.

Cross-X said:
DR said:
Moderator said:
LenS said:

It wouldn't be the first time. Does this mean that the gentleman in question doesn't work across the street from Northborough's littlest gun shop?

DR said:
Cross-X said:
DR said:
Moderator said:
LenS said:

It wouldn't be the first time. Does this mean that the gentleman in question doesn't work across the street from Northborough's littlest gun shop?

Yup.

(I never did understand double negatives)

There's a standing order for us in the FD that any type of firearm, ammunition or component thereof is not allowed in any FD building.
It stinks big time.
Also the oil teminal where I load sometimes forbids carrying a firearm anywhere on terminal property. As far as I know, they don't offer a facility for any visitors carrying to check thier sidearms.

Cross-X said:
DR said:
Cross-X said:
DR said:
Moderator said:
LenS said:

Yup.

(I never did understand double negatives)

Aw, phooey. So much for my attempt at sleuthing. I hope the joke will be revealed in due course, then, for those of us in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom