Are these guns legal in CT.

I have not been in CT very long and I am still a bit confused about gun laws here.
I'd appreciate it of someone can tell me if the following guns on this Web page are legal in CT:

- The ROMAK-3
- The VZ2008

If they are not legal please tell me specifically why that is.

Also, I know that 7.62x39 calibers with AK action are not allowed in CT. Are there any other 7.62x39 guns that are allowed in CT other than the SKS?

Also, what about a Kel-Tec PLR-16?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Isn't a VZ2008 an AK action in 7.62x39? If it is, then it is banned. The question here really is parts interchangeability. I know the safety is different, but what about the rest of it? If the other parts are interchangeable then you will definitely be in a gray area. That may be fine with you, but you should know.

Some background: while the law itself does not specifically discuss what makes a gun a "Kalashnikov AK-47 type", a court case defines thype

I agree with Tmitney re the Romak. Assuming it doesn't have a folding stock or a bayo lug. If its got a threaded bbl or flash hider, you can make it legal
by silver soldering a brake onto the muzzle.

The PLR16 is very close (within 1 1/2 ounces per KelTec's web site) to the weight limit. You might be able to lighten it. But I believe that the fact that it has a bbl shroud and a mag outside the pistol grip would make it an AW.
One option if you really like the gun is to spend $200 and convert it to a short barreled rifle. Just a thought, though probably not practical.

Last edited:
I was under the belief the VZ has a different bolt and can not work with AK parts, which is what makes the difference... If you want to SBR the Kel-Tec, IMHO you would have to put a barrel on it that is 12" or more. I believe that it would still be considered a semi-auto pistol in CT, regardless of anything else (NFA registration, shoulder stock, etc.), and subject to AWB criteria. [C.G.S.29-27 Definition of Pistol and Revolver]

Back
Top Bottom