• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are there any women's shooting groups/clubs

I'm not aware of any clubs that are specifically for women, though of course some are a lot friendlier than others. I like to think that Westford is, but it's not in your area and I'll defer to those who can give you their personal experiences. You might want to get in touch with Lynne Roberts, the Mass coordinator for the Second Amendment Sisters. I believe that they've got an informal group of women that gets together to shoot on a semi-regular basis. (EMail: [email protected]; SnailMail: PO BOX 66248, Newton, MA 02466; Phone: 877-683-1717)

Ken

Thanks

I appreciate the info. This is actually for a friend who lives in Easton and is looking for ways to get his wife on board with skeet shooting. As of now she's pretty negative. We were brainstorming ways of easing her into the subject and I thought if it came from other women there might be a better chance.
Appreciate it

Re: Thanks

News Shooter said:
I appreciate the info. This is actually for a friend who lives in Easton and is looking for ways to get his wife on board with skeet shooting. As of now she's pretty negative. We were brainstorming ways of easing her into the subject and I thought if it came from other women there might be a better chance.
Appreciate it

You might try looking for a Woman on Target program in the area. Try GOAL - their web site is www.goal.org, and their phone number is 508-393-5333. Ask for Jon or Nancy. They should be able to tell you if any are scheduled.

Second Amendment Sisters have a monthly practice session on the 3rd Saturday each month. Loaner guns and ammo are available (they charge something for ammo and targets, nominal I'm sure). Location is Braintree R&P www.brp.org for info on location and directions. Not that far from Easton.

They are the only organized women shooters group that I'm aware of in MA. Occasionally NRA puts on a "Women on Target" one day affair, but SAS operates 12 months of the year.

There is talk of SAS shooting trap this month, but Braintree R&P does NOT have skeet fields. Normally they shoot pistol.

Have her drop by and try it out? No reservations and no commitment required either.

It's not SW of Boston, but at the MRA we're having Women's Day in June. It's kind of an intro to every gun class. Shotgunning is included. It could be just the sort of thing to get her into it. Especially since it will be in the company of other women and not in the more frustrating or intimidating presence of her husband [lol]

you can look up all the info here: Hopefully I'll see her there!

www.massrifle.com

Back
Top Bottom