• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are there any subcompact .40s I'm missing?

Glocks have a short reset. I've gone 4 Kahrs, all with the Elite trigger. They are good guns, but the rest is not short. The reset is quite long.

The advantage of the PM9 over a Glock 26 is that the PM9 is thinner and will fit in a pocket. That is it. Capacity, reset, etc., go to the Glock. But since I'm looking for pocket gun, the PM9 fits that bill for me but the Glock 26 does not. YMMV.

Thats how it worked out for me.

I ended up loving the way my G26 shot, but I never carried it. Which was my original intent for the gun. It ended up only being used in IDPA, where I used it to embarrass some people.

When all was said and done, I sold the G26 and bought a PM9 and a G34.

One thing re the PM9. I found it to be too heavy for pocket carry. I carried it mainly in dress pants and it swung around too much. So I ended up carrying it in a OWB under a jacket.
Once I started doing that, there was not reason to have the PM, so I sold it and got a P9.

Don

p.s. I agree with you completely about the Kahr trigger. Very nice and smooth, but a long reset. Its pretty much like a nice revolver trigger.

- - - Updated - - -

I have both a PM9 and a HK P2000SK (same size as a G26) and at least for me, I have to disagree. I can get much better purchase and controllability with the HK.

I never mentioned that HK. I've never shot one and I'd have to google it to even know what it looks like.

One thing re the PM9. I found it to be too heavy for pocket carry. I carried it mainly in dress pants and it swung around too much. So I ended up carrying it in a OWB under a jacket.
Once I started doing that, there was not reason to have the PM, so I sold it and got a P9.

I regularly carry my PM9 in a pocket. I mostly carry it while wearing heavy cargo pants, but I've carried it while wearing a suit. I don't find it to be too heavy -- my MK9 is indeed to heavy -- but YMMV.

I agree with you about belt carry of the PM9 -- completely pointless. I spent big bucks on a Milt Sparks VersaMax II holster for it, only to realize that if I was going to use a cover garment that I could carry a much larger (and easier to shoot) gun, and that using a tuckable holster is a pain compared to pocket carry. So I sold the VersaMax II holster.

I've been dryfiring my Kahr PM40 some today. It has a long trigger pull, for sure. It is very smooth, though.

Back
Top Bottom