• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are there any counties in MA who are seriously considering voting to become 2A sanctuary counties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say anything of the sort. I simply laughed at you. Fight all you want, so I can laugh some more. If every single state went pro gun, MA would double down on their same old shit. You damn well know it.

which states, like Florida with R(ino) at the helm or may be VT with another R(ino) at the helm? [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]NH is one moonbat governor away from MA. (and he is raising lots of $$$)

if there are shittier states than MA or CA, it would be NJ ... and they just got a sanctuary. I rest my case.

Last edited:
A few people did point out that irony, that each side of the spectrum is trying to decide which laws are and aren't really necessary to follow.

In the case of Virginia unlike perhaps some other areas, the AG in Virginia and the governor appear to want to aggressively enforce this rather than just pretend everyone's obeying it.

I think you nailed it right there.
I think a lot of it also had to do with elections. I can't say it was lopsided, I don't live there.
Looking at it from a distance, I'd have to say one side out campaigned the other, and one side either didn't come out in force to vote the other way or just didn't vote at all.

MA ripped power away from the counties (and attendant sheriffs departments) a long time ago, and that bell is never going to be unrung, there's just too much
communism. I mean other than chunks of north worcester county (north central MA basically) maybe parts of Franklin county, and some areas on the southcoast,
there aren't really many solid pockets of non moonbats in this state. The way the MA legislature is rigged its also set up so all of these regions don't have much
political power, that whole thing is by design.

The only way to "correct" this would be to move like a million or so non-moonbats into the state.

-Mike

Or a million or so non-moonbats move out.
The only things that talks the loudest in this armpit of a state is money.

"The way the MA legislature is rigged its also set up so all of these regions don't have much
political power, that whole thing is by design" - Nailed it! Its the illusion of having a say in what goes on.

Lets also divide moonbats into 2 categories, which comprise up 90% of the dem voting base (around here at least).
Cat 1 Liberal Moonbats- Who believe, or are led to believe, that anyone that has a decent job should pay more than they do, because of their horrible life choices.

Cat 2 Moonbats- Who are "system dependent" and live off of the state welfare system, and aren't going to change the way they vote for fear of losing all their free stuff.

Maybe theres even a CAT 3 Moonbat. The ones that kept voting in Kennedy because they "felt sorry for that family" or for Barney Frank, because they wanted to brag to their dem friends that "I did the right thing by voting for that guy, because he's different" and Warren supporters. Although they could be Cat 1's.

I hear ya!

I understand that a good chunk of western MA and the north shore are conservative and pro gun. Do I understand that wrong? I know that the north shore (where I grew up) and Merrimack Valley (where I lived until 2004) was pretty pro gun when I was there. All I had to do to get my class A was show up at the (Tewksbury) police station with a pulse and a check for $100. I know, depends on the town, but the process in the surrounding towns were just as easy back then.

That doesn't really mean anything and hasn't, for a long time. There are a lot of "green" towns who issue permits out of expediency but that doesn't mean they're actually pro 2a. The most
pro2a ones are the ones that won't hold shit like old ROs and stuff against you, etc. That's extremely hard to figure out on the front end.

Also some anti chiefs were just anti chiefs on their own accord and others were either by design or had "orders from higher up" to be douches. For example there's no way in hell that Brookline will never not be shit without legal action, because the "town fathers" practically force the PD to be anti.

Has that all changed now?
Start in the areas of your strength and move out from there. It works for the commies, why can't it work for you? It's going to be a marathon, not a sprint but either you start somewhere or you don't do anything.

In all but a few small areas they outnumber us at the polls, that's the problem.

-Mike
Take a look at this map of the 2016 Trump vs. Clinton voting districts:

mass-voters-map-1000x618.png

I don't think you are going to carve an entire county out of this. A town or two? Perhaps, but it would take some huge cajones and a very strong support base to weather the resulting storm of protest if any one town declared itself a gun sanctuary. By this map, I'm in a solid 'red' north central town in terms of politics (green for LTC).

I think some of the south coast light blue districts must be blue because of one or two larger cities or towns, because I saw more Trump signs than almost anywhere. Of course many of the districts are clearly red. Note all the moonbat districts in western Mass, and of course the moonbat horde engulfing the Boston metro.

I think you easily could have a county or two out of that, problem is the way political districts are drawn (gerrymandering) but also there's informal bullshit in the legislature as well, plus also, go back to what I already mentioned about county .gov being eviscerated in power by the state. Sheriffs in MA are basically impotent in this state outside of a few niche purposes. Go a little south and a Sheriff might as well be one of the most powerful people in a given county, for better or worse.

To go back to the bullshit for a moment, if we look at how the legislature operates, all the power pretty much comes from the dirty blue urban cup on the right side of the map. The people outside of that cup, don't have the same kind of influence. Most of the people who run the house or senate are from that cup. The people who ensure bills make it through the process, shit like that.

The only way this stuff could ever get fixed is if there was a critical mass of voters that got pissed about a few different things, unfortunately MA doesn't seem to have
that. Most people in this state are ambivalent at best, most of the time.

-Mike

Everyone who lives or has lived in MA knows all this!

I believe you can choose your own destiny. If you don't think you can then you've already lost. If half as much thought and energy were put into creative thinking and working towards pushing back that's put into finding reasons why 'it will never happen here', you might actually start making some headway.

Last edited:
Or a million or so non-moonbats move out.
The only things that talks the loudest in this armpit of a state is money.

"The way the MA legislature is rigged its also set up so all of these regions don't have much
political power, that whole thing is by design" - Nailed it! Its the illusion of having a say in what goes on.

Lets also divide moonbats into 2 categories, which comprise up 90% of the dem voting base (around here at least).
Cat 1 Liberal Moonbats- Who believe, or are led to believe, that anyone that has a decent job should pay more than they do, because of their horrible life choices.

Cat 2 Moonbats- Who are "system dependent" and live off of the state welfare system, and aren't going to change the way they vote for fear of losing all their free stuff.

Maybe theres even a CAT 3 Moonbat. The ones that kept voting in Kennedy because they "felt sorry for that family" or for Barney Frank, because they wanted to brag to their dem friends that "I did the right thing by voting for that guy, because he's different" and Warren supporters. Although they could be Cat 1's.

Cat 3 moonbat IMHO is also the "MA Fakedependent Voter". There is a class of shit eating retard voters in this state that fall firmly into this category. These people claim "independent" political affiliation, however, they vote for the dem 99.9% of the time, the only difference between them and a dem is that they're really just too ashamed to actually declare as a full out commie democrat.

-Mike

So the revolt needs to start in those areas. Stop telling yourself it can't be done and start thinking about how to do it!

Well, pick 1-

We need to roll a bunch of these on the common

Technicals.... everybody loves technicals....

Kurdish-Women-Technical.jpg

or option 2 is:

Somehow cajole at least a few hundred thousand to a million non-moonbats to move to MA, so we can vote the bums out....

-Mike

Well, pick 1-

We need to roll a bunch of these on the common

Technicals.... everybody loves technicals....

View attachment 318582

or option 2 is:

Somehow cajole at least a few hundred thousand to a million non-moonbats to move to MA, so we can vote the bums out....

-Mike
You're not listening. You don't start on the common and importing a million non-moonbats all at once isn't realist. Read my post that you quoted!
Ever hear the saying 'Rome wasn't built in a day'?

It's hard to be sympathetic and helpful if all Mass folks bring to the table is a defeatist attitude. Look at all the pent up anger sprouting up around the country. The door of opportunity is finally opening. All you need to do is take that first step and step in.

With all the pushback I'm getting about how it can never be done and nothing will ever change, you guys must be exhausted! [smile]

Last edited:
You're not listening. You don't start on the common and importing a million non-moonbats all at once isn't realist. Read my post that you quoted!
Ever hear the saying 'Rome wasn't built in a day'?

You said "if the system needs changing then change it" well, unless you are willing to shoot people, then that means you need POLITICAL POWER to change it. How do you get political
power? VOTES. The math isn't that hard to figure out.... and non moonbats are on the lopsided bad side of the equation... and also have gerrymandering bullshit on top to deal with, to
boot. You're probably going to say "well we need to change peoples minds" but that's kinda tough when FakeDependents and moonbats are generally dumber than a f***ing box of
rocks. And yet we still try anyways, and that's great.... (and people should continue to do this) but that's not going to result in this "sanctuary county" stuff that you want without a paradigm shift in political power in this state.

ETA: I can think of ONE possibly productive avenue.... like what Comm2A does.... watch the state like a hawk and bring it to court whenever you can. It's literally the only outlet we have
at this point because we sure as hell don't have the support we need at the polls.

-Mike

Last edited:
There is basically no county level government in MA (local government structure varies a lot around the country).

In MA this would have to happen at the city/town level.

Of course the MA state police could just step in to that locality and enforce whatever law was not being obeyed.

Would be more symbolic I guess.

which states, like Florida with R(ino) at the helm or may be VT with another R(ino) at the helm? [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]NH is one moonbat governor away from MA. (and he is raising lots of $$$)

if there are shittier states than MA or CA, it would be NJ ... and they just got a sanctuary. I rest my case.

[laugh2]

NJ could go full constitutional carry and MA would still be doubling down on their bullshit. [rofl]

[laugh2]

NJ could go full constitutional carry and MA would still be doubling down on their bullshit. [rofl]
Yeah, I guess you're right. I was hoping to light more of a fire under a few asses but it seems they have their minds already made up. It's easy to see how they got where they are.

The difference in the situation down in VA and up here is, people up here are "born into" getting f'd over by the state, so it becomes business as usual.
Down there its just now happening, and the residents down there aren't liberal moonbats. There might have been a mass-import of liberal moonbats for the elections down there, but the rest of VA isn't having it.
Up here its "Well, you can go ahead and F me, but only the tip, and you promised lube, so.........."

There's no question they were freer down there prior to recent rule changes. And while we're as far from "free" as a state goes, we were definitely freer between 1994 and 2017. As such, one could argue that we also had a relatively recent rule change via Healey's edict. Maybe not law, but enough that local dealers aren't messing around selling certain items to gun owners. I agree that it was probably an easier move for them in VA to set up sanctuary counties, but I don't think it is because we are apathetic about our situation due to a history of getting F'd. I think it is just not feasible because the power dynamics of this state would never let is happen.

If Virginia can do it, why not MA? It has to start somewhere if it's going to happen at all!
What is this "county" you speak of?
Not at the county level; given their size, their makeup, and the fact there's really no county government per say to make such decisions. Most governmental decisions are either at the town or city level in MA. I wouldn't even hold my breath for a town or two.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I was hoping to light more of a fire under a few asses but it seems they have their minds already made up. It's easy to see how they got where they are.

The time to make a big stink politically in MA WRT guns was in 1998- GCA98 is what caused the largest loss of (lawful, at least) MA gun owners in the history of this state. After that die had been cast it all had gone downhill from there, and its also possible other things had already been set up to f*** us at that point, as well, politically.

CA is a similar cauldron of bullshit just formulated differently, and far worse because unlike MA, commiefornia pols actually don't balk at spending money on gun control BS...

IF one isn't considering canoeing some bad people there, and still wishing to work within the laws the only lawful remedy left is using the courts in some way or another to pummel the shit out of the tyrants.

-Mike

NJ vs. MA not exactly apples to apples...

1576513118324.jpeg

But...

I do agree that if possible for NJ to have a sanctuary, it's certainly possible in MA. As I mentioned, it would have to be a town / city. We would not be able to have an entire county.

@oldgunner , yeah- definitely worth the fight and all of us in MA should keep pushing what we know is possible and keep an open mind regarding what might be possible. I moved here from the South and was pleasantly surprised regarding the number of clubs and competitions in the area. Also the support from local 2A organizations is impressive. However, the laws and the clowns pushing those laws are some of the worst in the country. Perhaps some folks have the defeatist mentality, but I think some of what you perceive as push-back is simply commentary regarding correct tactics for the MA 'battlefield' as it exists- not how we wish it could be.

NJ vs. MA not exactly apples to apples...

Those blue areas contain the overwhelming majority of the population of the state, though.

Having grown up in NJ and now living in MA, I'll take MA's gun laws over NJ's any day. At least it's possible to get an unrestricted carry license in most cities and towns in MA. IIRC NJ has about 3,000 carry licenses issued across the entire state and nearly all of them belong to retired LE.

Reactions: hpm
Everyone who lives or has lived in MA knows all this!

I believe you can choose your own destiny. If you don't think you can then you've already lost. If half as much thought and energy were put into creative thinking and working towards pushing back then is put into finding reasons why 'it will never happen here' you might actually start making some headway.

I shitpost here a lot, but this post is truth.

Listen to what drgrant is saying above. That is why MA is in the position it is now.

Listen to what drgrant is saying above. That is why MA is in the position it is now.
If you have any hope of changing things one must look forward, not backwards. Again, lots of reasons why things are the way they are, but not a whole lot of ideas here so far on how to change it (although I do see a couple already). drgrant is a pretty smart cookie. I follow many of his posts. I'm not trying to criticize him or anyone else here. I'm an older guy and have seen a lot. I see so much opportunity out there now with the last 3 years bringing changes and exposing criminal politicians on a level that I never thought I'd see in my lifetime.

Now is the time to pull together and push back on the communists. Strike now while the iron is hot. Push back on the political hacks anywhere you can.

I always think about that line in the movie The Shawshank Redirection...

"get busy livin' or get busy dyin'!"

In this case, get busy fightin' or get busy servin'!

I really do think you guys can make it work. I believe in you. You need to believe in yourselves!

I wish I could help you more, but I can't. You need to rise up and be the heroes!

Last edited:
Reactions: CAR
I like to think we have the same spirt of freedom as those before us had over two hundred years ago.
We confiscation becomes law, there will be a rebellion!

I already know what hardship is and already live with pain.
Some of us have given enough in our lives that giving what is left will be our greatest sacrifice for others freedoms!

Last edited:
I like to think we have the same spirt of freedom as those before us had over two hundred years ago.
We confiscation becomes law, there will be a rebellion!

I already know what hardship is and already live with pain.
Some of us have given enough in our lives that giving what is left will be our greatest sacrifice for others freedoms!
Too many youngsters here don't realize what these words mean. They think its a TV show or a joke. I feel bad for them all! We can't save them. They either save themselves or perish. So many think as long as they have their NFL football and beer they're good. They have no idea what they're up against. We can't convince them no matter how hard we try. We're old,we don't know! They will need to realize it themselves! I wish them luck and hope they realize the danger in time!

I'll keep trying but it's up to them to listen!

I'm starting to understand the label they have on them....Ma**h***s! I pray I'm wrong but I'm not betting the house on it!

Last edited:
That answers something I have always wondered about wrt New England. I have always wondered why in pretty much everywhere else in the US, the county is the central political division. In states in New England, countries just seem like formalities. Interesting!

The County was originally designed in New England, to allow a farmer in a wagon to get to a higher-than-town-level-of-government and back home, in a day.

In many parts of the country, there is "empty space" (unincorporated land) between towns, and since a local PD's jurisdiction was pretty much to the town line ( I know that's changed), having a Sheriff that could patrol in no-cop's-land made sense. In Mass, and there's no unincorporated land, so Sheriff is a vestigial office, and counties are for registration of Deeds - and with the increasing computerization of records, that will likely fade.

Oldgunner: To your original point....

The problem is that ~10% of Mass. residents are gun owners (based on LTC numbers). About 10% are Hard Core Antis.
The other 80% don't care, as damn few people actually care about the rights of others, when theirs are intact or safe.

It's difficult to convince a Non to stand up for 2A rights, when there's 1) no direct benefit to doing so, for them, and 2) there's the perception that Gun People are potential nuts that will pull out an .88 Magnum...'cause they hear that, constantly, from all quarters.

Sorry if we're not all, "Hell yeah!!!! Let's Roll!" But we're realistic. You may say "pessimistic," but it is what it is.

In many parts of the country, there is "empty space" (unincorporated land) between towns, and since a local PD's jurisdiction was pretty much to the town line ( I know that's changed), having a Sheriff that could patrol in no-cop's-land made sense.

I grew up in a place like this. Every bit of our LE was county sherriffs, and they behaved exactly like every other LEO except that they wore khaki instead of blue. And I wasn’t rural either, not by a damn sight, nor was it “empty space;” it was suburban LA County, just like any incorporated area.

I know you mean well, OP, but folks might give you more credibility if you knew some of the basics. Namely, that counties are a non-thing in MA.

Someone said it above: any attempt at preemption or sanctuary status, if it was ever meaningfully pursued, would result in a swift takeover by the staties. As, I suspect, would be the case in that lone NJ county: it sounds great that it’s a sanctuary county and all, but when the rubber meets the road the state cops would not let real disobedience fly.

Nor would the courts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom