• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are there any counties in MA who are seriously considering voting to become 2A sanctuary counties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Virginia can do it, why not MA? It has to start somewhere if it's going to happen at all!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCsVOO_3EUU

Well, one huge problem in MA is county governments basically have no power. So even if by some miracle you have a 2A sheriff in your county, it doesn't mean much. He is not the overriding LE authority of his "domain" like they are in a lot of the rest of the country.

-Mike

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCsVOO_3EUU

Well, one huge problem in MA is county governments basically have no power. So even if by some miracle you have a 2A sheriff in your county, it doesn't mean much. He is not the overriding LE authority of his "domain" like they are in a lot of the rest of the country.

-Mike

If the system needs changing then change it. While just giving up is always an option, I've always told my teams throughout my career "Don't tell me we can't do it, tell me how were going to work together to get it done!" Getting creative can produce stunning results!

Maybe you guys are right and that doesn't apply in this case. I've been out of Mass for so long I may not know what I'm talking about. (that happens to me from time to time)

Last edited:
If the system needs changing then change it. While just giving up is always an option, I've always told my teams throughout my career "Don't tell me we can't do it, tell me how were going to work together to get it done!"

Maybe you guys are right and that doesn't apply in case. I've been out of Mass for so long I may not know what I'm talking about. (that happens to me from time to time)

Frozen pigs will fly in hell before this ever happens. I bet our most honorable governor would call the nat guard to forcibly remove a sheriff or prosecutor who took this stance.

If the system needs changing then change it. While just giving up might be an option I have always told my teams throughout my career "Don't tell me we can't do it, tell me how were going to work together to get it done!"

Maybe you guys are right and that doesn't apply in case. I've been out of Mass for so long I may not know what I'm talking about. (that happens to me from time to time)

MA ripped power away from the counties (and attendant sheriffs departments) a long time ago, and that bell is never going to be unrung, there's just too much
communism. I mean other than chunks of north worcester county (north central MA basically) maybe parts of Franklin county, and some areas on the southcoast,
there aren't really many solid pockets of non moonbats in this state. The way the MA legislature is rigged its also set up so all of these regions don't have much
political power, that whole thing is by design.

The only way to "correct" this would be to move like a million or so non-moonbats into the state.

-Mike

MA ripped power away from the counties (and attendant sheriffs departments) a long time ago, and that bell is never going to be unrung, there's just too much
communism. I mean other than chunks of north worcester county (north central MA basically) maybe parts of Franklin county, and some areas on the southcoast,
there aren't really many solid pockets of non moonbats in this state. The way the MA legislature is rigged its also set up so all of these regions don't have much
political power, that whole thing is by design.

The only way to "correct" this would be to move like a million or so non-moonbats into the state.

-Mike
I hear ya!

I understand that a good chunk of western MA and the north shore are conservative and pro gun. Do I understand that wrong? I know that the north shore (where I grew up) and Merrimack Valley (where I lived until 2004) was pretty pro gun when I was there. All I had to do to get my class A was show up at the (Tewksbury) police station with a pulse and a check for $100. I know, depends on the town, but the process in the surrounding towns were just as easy back then.

Has that all changed now?
Start in the areas of your strength and move out from there. It works for the commies, why can't it work for you? It's going to be a marathon, not a sprint but either you start somewhere or you don't do anything.

New Jersey is already ahead of you and they are just as bad, if not worse, than MA!

New Jersey Town Adopts Second Amendment Sanctuary Resolution

Last edited:
Take a look at this map of the 2016 Trump vs. Clinton voting districts:

mass-voters-map-1000x618.png

I don't think you are going to carve an entire county out of this. A town or two? Perhaps, but it would take some huge cajones and a very strong support base to weather the resulting storm of protest if any one town declared itself a gun sanctuary. By this map, I'm in a solid 'red' north central town in terms of politics (green for LTC).

I think some of the south coast light blue districts must be blue because of one or two larger cities or towns, because I saw more Trump signs than almost anywhere. Of course many of the districts are clearly red. Note all the moonbat districts in western Mass, and of course the moonbat horde engulfing the Boston metro.

The difference in the situation down in VA and up here is, people up here are "born into" getting f'd over by the state, so it becomes business as usual.
Down there its just now happening, and the residents down there aren't liberal moonbats. There might have been a mass-import of liberal moonbats for the elections down there, but the rest of VA isn't having it.
Up here its "Well, you can go ahead and F me, but only the tip, and you promised lube, so.........."

I don't think you are going to carve an entire county out of this. A town or two? Perhaps, but it would take some huge cajones and a very strong support base to weather the resulting storm of protest if any one town declared itself a gun sanctuary. By this map, I'm in a solid 'red' north central town in terms of politics (green for LTC).

I think some of the south coast light blue districts must be blue because of one or two larger cities or towns, because I saw more Trump signs than almost anywhere. Of course many of the districts are clearly red. Note all the moonbat districts in western Mass, and of course the moonbat horde engulfing the Boston metro.

What is interesting about this map is that I am sitting in the middle of that conservative belt in Central Mass. Ya right. If the the people around me are considered conservative, I can't even begin to imagine how crazy everyone located in the blue areas are. Pete

The difference in the situation down in VA and up here is, people up here are "born into" getting f'd over by the state, so it becomes business as usual.
Down there its just now happening, and the residents down there aren't liberal moonbats. There might have been a mass-import of liberal moonbats for the elections down there, but the rest of VA isn't having it.
Up here its "Well, you can go ahead and F me, but only the tip, and you promised lube, so.........."
I don't think you're giving your fellow Mass folks enough credit but whatever. I thought there were many like minded people there but I guess I'm wrong.

Sometimes all it takes is a town or two for the idea/movement to begin to snowball. The hardest part of a tough and long journey is taking that first step. If y'all don't think the idea will work then it won't work. That's for certain. Today the country is moving against the anti gunners like never before. Take a stand beside them or take a seat!

Also note that the Virginia AG has stated he is going to release a statement regarding the 2A sanctuaries (declaring them illegal/bad/insert whatever) and it is expected things are going to come to a head. Either the counties will stand up and continue to resist, or they'll roll over once they start getting pushback.

A few people have talked about the National Guard being called in.

The rubber may meet the road rather soon.

From the Virginia AG:

Speaking to CBS 6 on Wednesday, Herring said when the General Assembly passes gun control legislation those laws will be enforced.
“The resolutions that are being passed are being ginned up by the gun lobby to try to scare people. What we’re talking about here are laws that will make our communities and our streets safer. We’re talking about universal background checks, finally, maybe, Virginia will pass universal background checks to make sure that people who are dangerous, who are criminals and who aren’t permitted to buy guns, won’t be able to buy guns,” said Herring. “So, when Virginia passes these gun safety laws that they will be followed, they will be enforced.”

If the system needs changing then change it. While just giving up is always an option, I've always told my teams throughout my career "Don't tell me we can't do it, tell me how were going to work together to get it done!" Getting creative can produce stunning results!

Maybe you guys are right and that doesn't apply in this case. I've been out of Mass for so long I may not know what I'm talking about. (that happens to me from time to time)

There's absolutely no reason to "change the system" in Mass for 2A Sanctuary resolutions when you could just do them at the town level.

New England states primarily run at the state and town level. In each New England state, counties were an afterthought of the colonial governments. NH didn't have organized counties until 1774.

The town level is where you'd want to pass these things.

Like minded people from surrounding states will stand with you but we can't start it for you. You must have the resolve to start floating ideas (see above for example) begin really pushing back (not just talking about it) and find a way to change things. You have much more support than you realize!

Sometimes all it takes is a town or two for the idea/movement to begin to snowball. The hardest part of a tough and long journey is taking that first step. If y'all don't think the idea will work then it won't work. That's for certain. Today the country is moving against the anti gunners like never before. Take a stand beside them or take a seat!

[laugh2] [rofl]

Also note that the Virginia AG has stated he is going to release a statement regarding the 2A sanctuaries (declaring them illegal/bad/insert whatever) and it is expected things are going to come to a head. Either the counties will stand up and continue to resist, or they'll roll over once they start getting pushback.

A few people have talked about the National Guard being called in.

The rubber may meet the road rather soon.

From the Virginia AG:

Speaking to CBS 6 on Wednesday, Herring said when the General Assembly passes gun control legislation those laws will be enforced.
“The resolutions that are being passed are being ginned up by the gun lobby to try to scare people. What we’re talking about here are laws that will make our communities and our streets safer. We’re talking about universal background checks, finally, maybe, Virginia will pass universal background checks to make sure that people who are dangerous, who are criminals and who aren’t permitted to buy guns, won’t be able to buy guns,” said Herring. “So, when Virginia passes these gun safety laws that they will be followed, they will be enforced.”

I believe the VA a.g. is also one of those flaming liberals.
I think they're trying to turn Richmond into one of those "sanctuary cities" for illegal immigrants, so they want it to work one way but not the other.

-Mike

... or grow them locally.

history is made not by majority but by a determined minority. We just don't have minority that's pissed off enough and willing to go for it. But def have enough people though.

I believe the VA a.g. is also one of those flaming liberals.
I think they're trying to turn Richmond into one of those "sanctuary cities" for illegal immigrants, so they want it to work one way but not the other.
A few people did point out that irony, that each side of the spectrum is trying to decide which laws are and aren't really necessary to follow.

In the case of Virginia unlike perhaps some other areas, the AG and the governor appear to want to aggressively enforce this rather than just pretend everyone's obeying it.

Last edited:
New England states primarily run at the state and town level. In each New England state, counties were an afterthought of the colonial governments. NH didn't have organized counties until 1774.

That answers something I have always wondered about wrt New England. I have always wondered why in pretty much everywhere else in the US, the county is the central political division. In states in New England, countries just seem like formalities. Interesting!

Neither are you! Why are you telling the MA people they can't fight back?

I didn't say anything of the sort. I simply laughed at you. Fight all you want, so I can laugh some more. If every single state went pro gun, MA would double down on their same old shit. You damn well know it.

I didn't say anything of the sort. I simply laughed at you. Fight all you want, so I can laugh some more. If every single state went pro gun, MA would double down on their same old shit. You damn well know it.
I know nothing of the sort! It's up to the people of MA to decide their own fate. They think they have no chance because the government has told them that. Every revolt needs to have a beginning otherwise it never happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom