• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are the Saiga 12 shotguns still hard to get?

I'm thinking of selling mine as I only used it once but wasn't sure if they are a dime a dozen now. Anyone have any idea of what they are selling for on the used market? Mine has only 20 rounds thru it so it's still basically brand new. I paid a premium for it when I bought it because they were near impossible to get in this state. Debating on selling to fund a street bike.

No, but the price has gone up. Last 12 Gauge one I saw was like $600 at Riley's.

-Mike

So then $500 would be a fair price then? I wouldn't go any lower and I would want to give someone a fair deal esp. if they are hard to find.

So then $500 would be a fair price then? I wouldn't go any lower and I would want to give someone a fair deal esp. if they are hard to find.

Probably, but you won't know until you attempt to sell it. Expect a lot of trade offers involving fishtanks and a bunch of guns nobody wants. [laugh] Seems like cash is getting dry out there.

-Mike

They are around and used I have seen them for 450 and up to 525ish. Riverview sales in East Windsor CT has a couple used and new ones for 550. Hoffmans in Newington had some when I was there last month. The 475-500 range would be market price and also depending on # of mags or add-ons would drive the price up. Check Gunbroker for market prices, not what their asking but check finished auction prices.

Assuming you just have the gun in it's original configuration ond the one mag that comes with it $500ish is pretty fair as others have said.

I don't think they're hard to find. My son and my godson each bought one about a month ago after watching something on the military channel. My godson paid 500 for a new one and my son paid 470 for a used unfired one with one 5 round magazine.

$500.00 for one untouched. For a fully modified one $900. And $0 if you have one fitted with one of the new action hold open catch because they are problematic.

Really? Send it to me and I'll put it to good use and get top dollar for it when I'm done.

It's not mine I have seen 3 with it jam one was REALLY jammed with the action stuck open. I have one of the first batches to come through that doesn't have it and about 300 rounds(doesn't seem like alot but come on it's an AK shotgun not a daily driver) and no failures. Not saying all of the ones with the hold open fail but from what I have seen it isn't worth the chance of failure just to have an action catch.

It's not mine I have seen 3 with it jam one was REALLY jammed with the action stuck open. I have one of the first batches to come through that doesn't have it and about 300 rounds(doesn't seem like alot but come on it's an AK shotgun not a daily driver) and no failures. Not saying all of the ones with the hold open fail but from what I have seen it isn't worth the chance of failure just to have an action catch.

I've never heard of one failing due to the BHO but if that was the problem it can easily be removed. The only Saiga 12 problems I've heard of are a result of the gas valve set wrong.

Back
Top Bottom