• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are TEC-9s MA legal?

Hi im interested in purchasing a PRE-BAN intratec TEC-9, but its going to be an out of state sale. and i would have to transfer it to my local FFL..once i win the auction.

My question to you guys is is it ok to transfer this pre-ban tec-9 from out of state to MA?

would this be grandfathered in since it is a pre-ban handgun?..the seller tells me it was sitting in the dealers safe since since 1988.

any input would be apprciated?

i will most likely give a call to my local gun shop tommorow to be sure .

I don't believe you will be able to do that. Just because it was pre-ban, doesn't mean it can be sold here from out of state transfer. They are considered handguns and as such, FFLs can't transfer them unless they were here prior to '98. You may be able to find a FFL who would but I doubt it. The come up time-to-time. Put a WTB ad in the classifieds, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Put a WTB ad in the classifieds, you may be pleasantly surprised.

+1

I've seen a few listed here on NES before and have seen them at shops all for about $400 or so. I passed on one of the evil first generation ones this past summer for $350 and should have jumped on it but got a Mak 90 from the seller instead and was low on funds.[sad]

Check the gun shows, there is usually 1 or 2 floating for sale at those as well. Be prepared to pay the MA price however.

They are legal if they were already in the state prior to 1994 I believe. I got mine about 2 years ago- NIB.

I recently sent it to Neveda to get Moly-resin finish applied. I dont have any plan on shooting it but it looks really cool.. LOL

DSC00012.jpg

Back
Top Bottom