Are some ranges closed on Easter?

I searched and couldn't find an answer. I thought I remembered reading they were. My clubs web site, Cape Cod Fish and Game makes no mention of being closed any day.

When I was a member of Ames, I could never figure out why the club banned all outdoor shooting on Memorial Day. I attend my local town ceremonies that day and a big part of it is the volley shot at the town cemetery and again at the service held at town hall.

Braintree allows outdoor shooting 365 days/year, but if no RO shows up (volunteer, some have families and thus family obligations) on a holiday then the outdoor ranges can't be used.

Mansfield only closes the ranges for Christmas day.

Private clubs normally never close. You have a card or key and you go when you want. At least mine doesn't.

Private clubs normally never close. You have a card or key and you go when you want. At least mine doesn't.

Many have rules against shooting on easter, though. Another problem is even if your club doesn't have rules against it, sometimes locals go full retard on easter when they hear gunfire. Depends on the club and locale.

It's quite pathetic the question even has to be asked.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is that Harvard outdoor ranges are closed on Easter and Christmas just out of respect for the neighbors. I think giving them 2 days of peace and quiet a year is reasonable.

I tend to give locals around ranges a break on the holidays and not go shooting so they can enjoy a little quiet with their families.

Back
Top Bottom