• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are non accredited scholols GFZs?

jho

I've been thinking of taking night courses at a language school (non university) and have been wondering if they are legally considered GFZs. I hope not but if they are, then by that logic, a privately owned pottery class would be as well.

My gut feeling says no...

Whoever, not being a law enforcement officer and notwithstanding any license obtained by the person pursuant to chapter 140, carries on the person a firearm, loaded or unloaded, or other dangerous weapon in any building or on the grounds of any elementary or secondary school, college or university without the written authorization of the board or officer in charge of the elementary or secondary school, college or university shall be punished by a fine of not more than $1,000 or by imprisonment for not more than 2 years or both. A law enforcement officer may arrest without a warrant and detain a person found carrying a firearm in violation of this paragraph.

IMO if it aint one of the 4 bolded things it doesn't count. "Heywood Jablome's school of jackassery" or whatever it is doesn't fit the law well.
-Mike

Back
Top Bottom