Are N.H. beaches open?

deerdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well this stinks. I go to the beach a handfull a times a year even in the off season when theres snow on the ground. Love the area and enjoy going up and down the coast stopping at shops and picking up firearm related items. Even had to make a stops at Big Als archery in Seabrook every time I was in the area just the same way I always stop into my favorite seafood places. Definitely far from being a tourist since that area has been my favorite area for almost 57 years now. I didn't realise all this time I was looked down upon as a disease speading ma**h*** that shouldn't be there. To those of you who say stay away, screw you. Not all of us from MA are liberal yuppies that contaminate YOUR area.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Well this stinks. I go to the beach a handfull a times a year even in the off season when theres snow on the ground. Love the area and enjoy going up and down the coast stopping at shops and picking up firearm related items. Even had to make a stops at Big Als archery in Seabrook every time I was in the area just the same way I always stop into my favorite seafood places. Definitely far from being a tourist since that area has been my favorite area for almost 57 years now. I didn't realise all this time I was looked down upon as a disease speading ma**h*** that shouldn't be there. To those of you who say stay away, screw you. Not all of us from MA are liberal yuppies that contaminate YOUR area.
Take a chill pill dude.

45BPCR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good Morning OP,
I live on N Hampton.
The "Wall" is my front yard.
Rest assured that the NH coastline is still closed and patroled.
There's no parking anywhere along Rt.1A.
Folks DO park at the lot across from the Secret Spot/Cinnamon Rainbow and are permitted to walk on the sidewalk.
At least the .Gov hasn't closed the sunrise.
I shot these off my deck this morning.

DSC_2805.JPGDSC_2807.JPGDSC_2810.JPG

zork51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Good Morning OP,
I live on N Hampton.
The "Wall" is my front yard.
Rest assured that the NH coastline is still closed and patroled.
There's no parking anywhere along Rt.1A.
Folks DO park at the lot across from the Secret Spot/Cinnamon Rainbow and are permitted to walk on the sidewalk.
At least the .Gov hasn't closed the sunrise.
I shot these off my deck this morning.

View attachment 354400View attachment 354401View attachment 354402
You have my full envy. If I could just hit the lottery.........We were just curious early last year one day what a week's rent on the main drag was. The house for rent was near the intersection of the bathhouse and the surf shop. So I called and the agent said $4600 for a week. She said I might get a couple hundred off for off season.....I know you can do much better a few streets back if so desired as I stayed with some friends who used to rent there. Oh well, my maybe 7 times a year about 5 hours per stay after driving up, paying the meter, and a couple egg sandwich bagels from the shop on King street looking pretty good for my simple needs. I am just grateful to be only an hour from a view like that even for a short time. Thanks for the pix. Between 6 and 8am is so peaceful there. I do know in Mass there is a "View" tax for mountain or lake veiw built into RE taxes. I'm guessing for you also? Whether you earned it through smart planning, married into it, or won it, again my full envy. I usually park by 777 Ocean Blvd. Lots of older gents (regulars) frequent there who kind of keep "order" that it stays calm. One guy who wears lots of Zinc on his nose blasted these kids that showed up right outta there who came down with a Ghetto Blaster and started playing rap music; he shouted them right out and they left. he said "We don't have have that shit here!" I couldn't imagine going to the "regular Hampton" spot where that's the norm. UGH, like locusts over there. 40 years ago, it wasn't like that for me. We all had the same radio station on. WRKO. Thanks very much for the info.

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
When I was young and strong, we would go to Wingaersheek beach by boat. I would haul the boat (17' Glastron with 125 Johnston) to a launching ramp behind some school in Gloucester at the river and follow the others who did the same under the 128 bridge and to the less busy part of the beach. We would beach the boat and break out the cooler of you-know-what and snacks. Good times. Jack.

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry NH people, I'm from MA, and on the 11th, I'm going to NH to get a haircut.
That's cool. Just don't choose a barber near the beach. lol

FWIW, the bulk of your liberal transplants are actually from NY/NJ, and tend to move into the northern counties. Most (not all, obviously) MA transplants tend to stick to Rockingham, Hillsborough, and Strafford, and are generally conservative- they’re the ones actually trying to escape MA.

Also, I gotta say....I hate ma**h***s as much as the next guy, but I really don’t understand the people that don’t want them coming up to Hampton or the whites, or just across the border for smokes or booze.

I wasn't aware that under normal circumstances NH people didn't want MA people here. The current circumstances are that TPTB are saying that's why we can't reopen yet. SO just for a few weeks stay away from the beach if possible. They wouldn't want crowds of NH people to swarm the beach areas because they can't contain the crowds, social distancing, whatever they currently think will work.

Live Free or Die? Everyone focuses on the Live Free part. There is no true freedom anywhere in the world. It's all relative to what the government allows you to have. You have another option. You can die. Or find some other way to ruin your life. I don't see many of the "Muh Rights" group pushing the boundaries too far. Why? Because then you can lose everything by ending up in jail. Or go bankrupt with legal fees. Lose your job. Lose your LTC.
Everyone knows it. There is no go time unless there is a Red Dawn event.

zork51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Please just stay in MA for a few more weeks. The whole reason Der Fuhrer closed down NH was because of all the MA people coming here and infecting the border towns. Watching his press conference now and he mentioned all the MA people coming this weekend is why we can't reopen and why the stay at home order was extended until the 31st.
I have no problem staying away till things officially open up. I'm almost 67 and not looking for trouble and am not sick. Just happen to love the beach. I just hope that people realize that sooner or later, it's ok to go outside. This is not an airborne disease. If it was, the streets would be empty for "another reason". I think MSM deserves a lot of credit for scaring everyone so effectively. This is not to demean anyone who's affected by this virus. We never shut down for SARS. Please know even though I'm from MA, I always vote against all those Dems every time, and hope the state will at least go purple some day. Because many of us here ARE just normal people in an abnormal state. This social experiment of divide, conquer, and sequester the population is rolling along nicely. They're also hoping that they can steal this election through voter fraud by mail. I WILL stand in line 50 ft apart to vote my conscience if necessary come November.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also, I gotta say....I hate ma**h***s as much as the next guy, but I really don’t understand the people that don’t want them coming up to Hampton or the whites, or just across the border for smokes or booze.
Most Mass residents that visit the Whites are in two categories: (1) crunchy granola liberals who would shriek and have whole body shakes at the sight of a gun or a hunter; or (2) trashy low-class (not lower class, low class) tourists who come up, make a mess, cause problems, and act like they run the place. Both categories of tourists are not "residents of Lowell or Lawrence" in most circumstances before any of you get any ideas. One of my college friends is a native of Campton, NH and works in the ski industry. One of his regular complaints is... M*ssholes. When I go mountain hiking in the Whites, I'd say that depending on the day and time, 20% to 80% of the license plates are Mass.

Hampton Beach is also widely regarded as a nice place to collect hypodermic needles and heroin by NH'ers. Being from RI, I've never been.

I find it funny that people under lock down in MA are bitching about and making fun of NH for not opening businesses sooner so they can leave their shit pile to come to ours. Go to RI or CT.
NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! They like NH, you keep them! Or we agree to send them all to CT. Though, to be honest, I don't know why they don't enjoy Western Mass more. Really beautiful place in some areas.

If barbershops in RI are open, I will get my plate carrier and risk going into that sh*thole.
They're not. Go away.

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no problem staying away till things officially open up. I'm almost 67 and not looking for trouble and am not sick. Just happen to love the beach. I just hope that people realize that sooner or later, it's ok to go outside. This is not an airborne disease. If it was, the streets would be empty for "another reason". I think MSM deserves a lot of credit for scaring everyone so effectively. This is not to demean anyone who's affected by this virus. We never shut down for SARS. Please know even though I'm from MA, I always vote against all those Dems every time, and hope the state will at least go purple some day. Because many of us here ARE just normal people in an abnormal state. This social experiment of divide, conquer, and sequester the population is rolling along nicely. They're also hoping that they can steal this election through voter fraud by mail. I WILL stand in line 50 ft apart to vote my conscience if necessary come November.
I agree 100%. I hope you can visit the beach soon!
We have gone to Maine every year for the past 10 years. Stay at the same small family run hotel. Eat at our favorite places.
I hope they are all still there when the dust settles.

atmay

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I wasn't aware that under normal circumstances NH people didn't want MA people here. The current circumstances are that TPTB are saying that's why we can't reopen yet. SO just for a few weeks stay away from the beach if possible. They wouldn't want crowds of NH people to swarm the beach areas because they can't contain the crowds, social distancing, whatever they currently think will work.
Plenty of NH’rs, and SoME’rs ABHOR having ma**h***s come spend their money up here, and always have.

There are even people that want Portsmouth to return to how it was back in the day; just another shitty port town. The fact that it’s a vibrant waterfront destination chock full of successful businesses is of no import, because it’s driven by out-of-state tourism.
Most Mass residents that visit the Whites are in two categories: (1) crunchy granola liberals who would shriek and have whole body shakes at the sight of a gun or a hunter; or (2) trashy low-class (not lower class, low class) tourists who come up, make a mess, cause problems, and act like they run the place. Both categories of tourists are not "residents of Lowell or Lawrence" in most circumstances before any of you get any ideas. One of my college friends is a native of Campton, NH and works in the ski industry. One of his regular complaints is... M*ssholes. When I go mountain hiking in the Whites, I'd say that depending on the day and time, 20% to 80% of the license plates are Mass.

Hampton Beach is also widely regarded as a nice place to collect hypodermic needles and heroin by NH'ers. Being from RI, I've never been.
How much business would your buddy have without ma**h***s, though? Probably about the same as Hampton would: basically none.

Personally, I use the off-season and off-hours to thoroughly enjoy the beautiful NH seacoast, and gladly let the tourists have it when they want it. The fact that so many people come to visit improves the area.

For some contrast, I live in a dusty little backwater one town west of the beach, and too far from UNH or PEA to get those crowds, and we don’t even have a goddamn pizzeria.

Reactions: TLB
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How much business would your buddy have without ma**h***s, though? Probably about the same as Hampton would: basically none.

Personally, I use the off-season and off-hours to thoroughly enjoy the beautiful NH seacoast, and gladly let the tourists have it when they want it. The fact that so many people come to visit improves the area.

For some contrast, I live in a dusty little backwater one town west of the beach, and too far from UNH or PEA to get those crowds, and we don’t even have a goddamn pizzeria.
He loves the ski industry so much, we're discussing a FFL07/SOT2. So, no cigar for you. Oh, and he's laid off thanks to Sununu.

45BPCR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One morning I was treated to this.
It only lasted for a second.
I figured it was God asking me WTF?
PM me Zork, $4600 is WAAAAY out of line.

Question Mark.JPG

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I'll tell you what; Watching a Hampton Sunrise from the seat of a motorcycle, any motorcycle, is a beautiful thing...

Blackmore

NES Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Sorry NH people, I'm from MA, and on the 11th, I'm going to NH to get a haircut.
Good for you. The barber can practice on you after 6+ weeks of no cutting. That, or by the time it's your turn their hands will be so tired they'll mess your haircut up for that reason. I can put up with my hair as is for another week until things calm down and the haircutters aren't exhausted.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Good for you. The barber can practice on you after 6+ weeks of no cutting. That, or by the time it's your turn their hands will be so tired they'll mess your haircut up for that reason. I can put up with my hair as is for another week until things calm down and the haircutters aren't exhausted.
If you go to a real barber, instead of Supercuts, you wont run into those issues.

413dan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
was in Rye last week, and Wallis sands beach was closed. police tape across sidewalks. nothing really stopping you other than yourself. not sure what the fine or whatever would even be. sucked, as I really wanted to take a walk on the beach. having a socially distant funeral with 11 people was weird enough for one day, not even being able to clear your mind and take a walk was a whole new level of strange. rip nana.

Blackmore

NES Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
If you go to a real barber, instead of Supercuts, you wont run into those issues.
I go to a regular barber and plan to also pay her for the haircuts I missed. Guess you won't be able to support your local one if you plan to border jump.

like 13 miles worth!, and they're damn proud of it, lol!
..and anyone who wants to get from Massachusetts to Maine has to pay us for those 13 miles of I-95. [devil]

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I go to a regular barber and plan to also pay her for the haircuts I missed. Guess you won't be able to support your local one if you plan to border jump.
I called my local guy to see if he could cut my hair at his place. He is chilling and enjoying his "vacation".

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Just got back from Hampton Beach after a stop at Christy's Pizza and Blinks Fried Dough. (Salisbury still locked down)

While at blink's I was looking out over the Beach and saw some dozers grooming the sand.
I asked the girl if the work was because the beach was going to open and she said yes.
Per the Blink's Girl, Hampton Beach will be open on May 18th for beach and surf walking, but not for laying out to sunbathe.
She also said that they are planning a "Seafood Festival" style event shortly after with offerings from local restaurants but, she could not recall which weekend.

Sounds like Hampton Beach is going into Phase 1!

~Enbloc

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Just got back from Hampton Beach after a stop at Christy's Pizza and Blinks Fried Dough. (Salisbury still locked down)

While at blink's I was looking out over the Beach and saw some dozers grooming the sand.
I asked the girl if the work was because the beach was going to open and she said yes.
Per the Blink's Girl, Hampton Beach will be open on May 18th for beach and surf walking, but not for laying out to sunbathe.
She also said that they are planning a "Seafood Festival" style event shortly after with offerings from local restaurants but, she could not recall which weekend.

~Enbloc
It is better than nothing, but still stupid. So if I stand still, or sit in a chair on hot sand, the virus gets me? Or, the virus in me gets other people? I'd love to know what kind of scientific principle is behind that one.

I have been to NH beaches countless times, and to date the number of times I went up to a strange and rubbed my body against theirs, swapped spit, etc. has so far been zero. And without even any trying.

And the vitamin D is very good for you!

And so are the microbes in the water and sand.

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
It is better than nothing, but still stupid. So if I stand still, or sit in a chair on hot sand, the virus gets me? Or, the virus in me gets other people? I'd love to know what kind of scientific principle is behind that one.
This. ^^^

I caught the crabs at Hampton Beach in 1978...

They were down between the rocks in the seaweed, at the jetty.
It was with Beth Cargill...

We put them in a pail. [rofl2]

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

~Enbloc
How do you make a post like this? There is no way to check the veracity of a claim by a fried dough girl when you dont even include a pic?!?

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
How do you make a post like this? There is no way to check the veracity of a claim by a fried dough girl when you dont even include a pic?!?
Lol. Ok, so I have a phone. I'm told it has a camera built in it. I've looked everywhere, and still don't know where to put the flash cube, let alone the film...

1588991222512.png

Climbnsink

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Ok, so I have a phone. I'm told it has a camera built in it. I've looked everywhere, and still don't know where to put the flash cube, let alone the film...

View attachment 355423
Thanks for making me feel old. I think that camera predates me, but I remember those 4 shot bulbs my 110 cartridge camera used them. Still have prints and negatives from then. Kids those bulbs only flashed once per side. Four flashes and you threw it out and got a new one.
I bet they are going to try and keep social distancing rules forever. Just stupid stuff to harass and beat people down. The less sense the rules make the better for tyranny. We've been under threat level orange for airliners to crash into our houses for 19 years.

Top Bottom