• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are Dealers supposed to show prices in their NES Classifieds?

bmac10

NES Member
I know the rules say so, but does it also apply to dealers? A couple there never post their price, which I think is a bit annoying.

I know the private seller classifieds require it, but not sure about the dealer ones. There's one dealer that links you to their actual website. Lame

No. Think of the Dealer Classifieds as paid advertisements. They can do whatever they want.

However, I think those that don't post prices hurt themselves.

Last edited:
They use it to drive hits to their website so their website will rank higher in the searches.

Yes, it is annoying as hell but less so than all the private sellers who don't even tell us what state they are in, in defiance of the rules.

Best to just ignore those dealer ads completely. There is an old saying "if you have to ask what the price is, you can't afford it", so if you have to beg for a price or click 2 or 3 links to find it, it's probably priced too high anyway.

No one really likes the vendor dumps we see here but, as Eddiecoyle says, they pay for the right to advertise as they see fit (within the rules of course). In the grand scheme of things I don't see it as a big deal. To Len's point, if I don't see pricing I figure it's probably priced to high for me to bother and don't click on their link

Last edited:
I think dealers that bump the same post of a firearm from 2013 hurt themselves too. There must be a point when you say let me start a new post.....

I think dealers that bump the same post of a firearm from 2013 hurt themselves too. There must be a point when you say let me start a new post.....

Yeah, when I see bumps that are over a year old I simply ignore them. I would start a new post simply draw some renewed interest from guys like me [smile]

Best to just ignore those dealer ads completely. There is an old saying "if you have to ask what the price is, you can't afford it", so if you have to beg for a price or click 2 or 3 links to find it, it's probably priced too high anyway.
I rarely see anything advertised in the dealer forums that I can't get cheaper elsewhere.

I don't even care about the price not being posted, but posting the ad for a nice handgun they aren't going to sell in MA is the angering part. Would it kill them to put a *not for sale to MA non-LEO or something in their ad?

If the price is below Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) then they won't print it or they get jammed up by the manufacturer.

Basically we're talking about MSRP pricing when you finally find the price on their website. That's why it hasn't sold in 2-4 years.

Back
Top Bottom